xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gdpglc

Which Kind Of Education Is More Usefull ?

Well, I'm assuming they're all the same, unless you're talking about private and public schools...And it doesn't really matter whether it's free or not. If the country wants their citizens to be educated and to be intelligent and to be able to think for themselves using information they've been taught, I would think it would be wise to provide proper teachers and free educations, since many people just don't have enough money to pay for education.The usefulness of an education system doesn't depend on how much it costs (as with most other things). I think it depends more on the educator and the student.If the student is willing to learn and the teacher is willing to teach, then we've got a perfect match of perfect education. Unless the teacher is a dumbass and doesn't know anything...>.>But yeah, for a talented person...well, depends on what you mean. I'll use the artistic talent in this case. If they wanted the best education, they should choose their art classes carefully in highschool and then be able to choose the proper college or university for them after highschool. That would be the most 'useful' for a 'talented' person. It doesn't matter if you have to pay or not, it matters if the material is taught in a meaningful manner.

You get out of an education what you put into it. In other words, you can pay top dollar for the top-tier universities, and if all you do is slack off and screw around, you're not going to get your money's worth. Just the same, you can go to a public university for a relatively low cost and get the best possible education you get, as long as you set your mind to it.Those who have special "talents" may choose what university they want to go to based on the reputation that school has for the respective program. I, for one, am a prospective architecture major. In the area in which I live in, Cornell University and Syracuse University consistently have programs that are highly regarded on the national level. Both are private universities, and both are VERY expensive (we're talking about $40,000/year for 5 years, and that's disregarding inflation and rising tuition costs!). However, there are a number of public universities that stay right with them (for example, the University of Michigan, and if you live in state, you can attend for a reasonable $10,000/year). In my opinion, the level of education you can is very comparable, regardless of how much you pay. Certain universities are tailored to the specific needs of their students, and it's up to the student to weigh their options and see who gives them the best deal.