xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
firesnow

Another New Member Appears

Hello, everyone! I've visited these forums a couple of times before, but didn't join until now. I tend to lurk around in forums more than I post, but I'll try to be active.Here's a little bit about me:I am currently a senior in high school, aiming to become an animator in the future. I'm rather behind on the curve compared to other aspiring animators considering I have never used an animation program such as Flash (for 2D) or Maya (3D) before. The closest I've been to making any type of animation was drawing in the corners of my notebooks and making GIF images.I'm mostly interested in working on 2D animated television series in the future, but since 3D is the future, I'll be learning both.I like listening to various kinds music, especially rock music, but I'm sort of disconnected from the world, so when my friends mention songs or artists they like, I don't know any of them. xD On the other hand, when I talk to them about bands or artists I like, they have no idea who I'm talking about. So I have no friends to talk about music to. My favorite music genres are: Post-hardcore, Adult Alternative Pop/Rock, Punk Rock, Pop Punk, J-Rock/Pop, Hard Rock, and Country. I listen to other genres too, but I don't typically look them up. I have a hard time listening to most Rap and Hip Hop, but I'll admit some are good. It's just hard to find ones that I like, so I don't really bother since I'm not a big fan of the genre anyways. For some reason, I can't listen to K-Pop. It doesn't work for me. About three quarters of my friends love K-Pop, but I can't listen to any of those songs for more than a minute. It's not that they're bad (well, some of them are), I just can't listen to them.^Somehow that became a mini-rant. I'm sorry.In my spare time, I like to watch cartoons. Mostly children's cartoons and anime. Yes. I am an anime fan. I also like reading manga. Once in a while, I read novels. I mostly read fantasy novels, but I find sci-fi and war-related novels interesting as well. My favorite hobby would have to be drawing. I love drawing, sketching, and doodling, but compared to other artists, my art is very mediocre. I'm working on improving my art skills; currently, I'm learning different styles and practicing drawing objects, scenes, and realistic people and animals. I play video games sometimes, but I do not consider myself a gamer. My gaming motto (despite not being a gamer) is "Always win; even if lose." I know, that's horrible grammar, but I don't care. B)Well, I think I talked way more about myself than I originally planned to. If you actually read all that, thank you. I hope it didn't waste too much of your time.

Hello FiresnowWelcome to Xisto.I hope your not thinking of lurking in the back ground on this forum as im sure you will find plenty of topics to post in.You will also find everyone on here very friendly and very helpful.I will look forward to seeing you around on here and i look forward to reading your posts.

Hi!I don't really think we have folks on the forum who make flip books yet :-) It would be great if you can share the 'animation' that you have created using the corners of the notebooks. I've tried making animations like that back in the day and it took lots and lots and lots of patience to draw each frame over and over again. If I had a miniature copier with erasable ink, I would probably have used it at the time :-) That's probably an idea to suggest to the kids' toy manufacturing firms to build because it does not really have much commercial value other than for parents to buy them for their kids while we manage to get the availability of the product for our own hobbyist purposes.2D animation is pretty much the same as 3D animation except that you make your animation with an extra dimension for depth perception. As long as you can think in terms of a coordinate system in 2D, getting into 3D is remarkably easy. I am speaking from a purely programming perspective because I know that there is different software for different kinds of animation so if you are looking at creating animation and short films rather than performing animation for computer games, you would be using animation software rather than writing computer software code.If you would like to discuss music, feel free to post to the forum. You would be surprised at the number of alternative music fans you would come across on the Internet. BTW, have you heard of the song "Informer" (Alliki Boom Boom Down) by Snow?When my nephew watches cartoons, I watch them too. When the cartoons are dubbed from English into other languages, they seem rather unusual. It's almost like those martial art films that dubbed into English. I read the slogan "Always win; even if lose." on a blog just yesterday and here it is as I read it on this forum again. I play lots of computer games, with my current ones being Flat Out, Diablo II, and Angry Birds. Angry Birds is a kind of a puzzle and while it is fun to play at first, it becomes impossibly difficult at later stages. I would say that if you do manage to get past the later stages of the game, it is pure luck or just chance from trying over and over and over again. Flat Out is lots of fun. It's a car race with a career mode, like most other games today, where you accumulate cash, watch your savings grow, buy a car, get after-market car accessories and performance parts for it, and race! You can ram the car into those of other racers, you get nitro for performing stunts, and you can wreck other cars to rack up that cash in a rather extra-quick way. Diablo II is like a strategy game except that you do not get to build units or develop a city and instead focus on exploration. The game is fun and you can play it as a multi player game too, if you have nothing better to do. Finding the quest is a bit of a challenge without some help from the online walk throughs so you might want to keep a browser window open on another computer or on your smart phone or tablet so when you do get totally lost in the game, you can search online and figure out the way you are supposed to go. I think the map changes if you play as different characters in the game but it is fun to try out the different characters because each of them have unique abilities. The level bosses are really hard to kill and will take some patience and skill - the level bosses strike out your minions in just one blow and will then come after you, which is when you see your health meter drop rapidly unless you are good at the game and can work you way by summoning more minions, using rejuvenation and health potions, and levelling up on the right set of unique abilities and skill points for your character.I guess my post is getting really long so I will end here. I look forward to seeing more of you on the forum.