xisto Community
sheepdog

Help! Changed camerea settings and cant fix it back

Well I really screwed thing up! Had somebody wanting a video of a puppy, picture wouldnt do, just had to have a video. I really don't know anything about makeing them, have tried a couple times with poor results, but I know my camera does take them. Anyway I took some today, and they turned out completely black, and I was trying to figure out how to delete them with the camera settings and some how I've changed the settingS and now the view screen on the back of my camera won't come on, and I can't see if I'm taking a picture or what is going on. It's a Sony Cybershot model no. DSC P72 I've punched little buttons till I'm blue in the face and can't get it to work. I really need some help here.

Don't panic.. I've seen this happen to a friend's sister's cam. Does the screen show up in different modes? In the case of my friends cam, the screen would show a black screen in a certain mode but actually show you the preview in other modes. I solved the problem by simply using the "reset settings" through setup but there is a button on the camera itself, there is an option to switch on/off the preview mode. I think it is called DISP or something.. I'll update the topic the instant I find something much more specific :)

Edited by velma
What does the rectangular box button above the delete button do? (see edit history)

Gads, I can't believe how annoying these camara's can be. After pushing buttons for an hour, I finally pushed the right one and everything went back to normal. Of course, if it happens again, by then I won't remember what I did to fix it either.