xisto Community
mrdee

Embedding Video In This Forum Is it possible at all?

I was wondering if it is possible to embed video files into posts on this forum.

I have a .3gp file (filmed with my mobile phone) which I also put onto my Facebook page.

It is too large to upload (2.79 Mb), but Facebook does give you an embed code.
I tried the tags, the URL tags and the MEDIA tag, but none of it is working.

Since it is a short film, I do not really wish to upload it to Youtube, although I believe it is possible to embed Youtube videos in the posts here.

Just for reference, I will show the code here which Facebook gives to embed a video.

<object width="320" height="240" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http:///V/?_fb_noscript=1; /><embed src="http:///V/?_fb_noscript=1; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="240"></embed></object>

If anyone has an idea of how to use the code to embed this film clip, please let me know.

Thank you.

Interesting! Yes, it is possible to add youtube videos but for some reason, it doesn't let you add facebook videos.. So to get Opa's attention, I've listed all the possible combinations and hopefully he'll solve it now or probably get it fixed with the new upgrade :)

OK then, Velma,it looks like, in your last-but-one post, the URL (appearing as a hyperlink) immediately connect to the Facebook video and play it with no problem at all.In your previous post, you have probably forgotten to turn the text into a link, as, when I copy and paste the link into a browser window, it also plays the Facebook video perfectly.So, it looks like all we have to do is copy the embed code from Facebook and just use the hyperlink bit from it and we should be up and running.By the way, just to clarify, the video shows our granddaughter Paige (3 years old) sharing her lunch with her two friends Lucky and Dido (the dad and mum of the puppies).Dido (the mum) is the dog nearest to the camera, with Lucky (the dad) sitting next to her.This was filmed (if I remember correctly) about a week before the puppies were born.Expec some more films to appear here now that i have some sort of idea of how to make them appear (although it would be even better if we could embed them directly into our posts).

I was trying different options with the BBcode but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work :( So I am gonna wait for Opa to clarify media rules here.. But yes, I did watch your video and Paige was absolutely ADORABLE! She really loves your dogs and they love her the same :) Beggars... My dogs do the same to my dad, they usually wait for the entire family to look the other way and then inch real close to my dad so that he can feed them a bite :lol: And by the time the family turns to look at them, they are back to the original spot... I've tried so many times to record it but they don't perform when they are being recorded :D

Interesting! Yes, it is possible to add youtube videos...

OK.
Glad to know that can be done (as a matter of fact, I have seen it in the odd post here on the forum).

However, would it be possible to let me know how exactly it is done to embed a Youtube video into one of your posts?

Thank you.