xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sheepdog

I Get Blamed For Everything!

I am starting to know how our former President Bush feels. It's just amazing what I get the blame for, even when I'm innocent. Couple weeks ago I get a not very nice email from a puppy customer complaining because I hadn't mailed them their dogs registration papers. So I emailed them back and apoligised, since I do often forget about that sort of thing. Anyway, I had to ask them for the date of birth the pups were born, and any information they had from when they picked up the pup, or had it sent to them. I honestly didn't remember the people, but that doesn't mean anything, I don't remember people under the best of circumstance. Sure, I can look at one of my dogs and tell you who the grandmother was, but don't ask me to pick out a puppy customer from last week in a police line up cause I probably couldn't do it. While I don't always send off for the registration papers and frequently send pups to their new home without them, I do always give the people a shot record, and the date of birth and the sire and dam information are on those records. Anyway, I finally heard back from them, and they told me that I had named the male puppy one name, and the female another, and they gave me the date of birth. So no I'm really starting to scratch my head and wonder what's going on. For one thing, I never name my pups, I leave that for their new owner. And for another, after I checked my records, I didn't have a litter of pups of that breed born on the day they said. I thought maybe they hadn't read the shot record right. So I really started digging. I went threw all my old airbills, and all my sold puppy notes. I even went to my Pay Pal account and went back over 6 months to see where they had made a payment on the pup. I did a search of my email account, and while I found several emails that we had exchanged back and forth, there was no kind of finialization email, like one that said "ok, we sent you the deposit," or "ok, we will be there on such and such day to pick up the pups." Nothing, not a dang thing. After hours of digging threw every possible thing I might be able to find a connection from, I finally had to email them again and try to explain my delema to them, I figured I was really going to catch hell over it, I was sure they figured I was trying to scam them or cheat them out of their papers, but I just can't send out dog registration papers to anybody that asks for some and have to do things right. So, finally a few days ago I get an email back from them. They apoligised profusly. Turns out I was not the breeder they bought the puppies from!!!! Sheeesh! Can you believe that one?

I am starting to know how our former President Bush feels. It's just amazing what I get the blame for, even when I'm innocent.
Couple weeks ago I get a not very nice email from a puppy customer complaining because I hadn't mailed them their dogs registration papers. So I emailed them back and apoligised, since I do often forget about that sort of thing. Anyway, I had to ask them for the date of birth the pups were born, and any information they had from when they picked up the pup, or had it sent to them. I honestly didn't remember the people, but that doesn't mean anything, I don't remember people under the best of circumstance. Sure, I can look at one of my dogs and tell you who the grandmother was, but don't ask me to pick out a puppy customer from last week in a police line up cause I probably couldn't do it. While I don't always send off for the registration papers and frequently send pups to their new home without them, I do always give the people a shot record, and the date of birth and the sire and dam information are on those records. Anyway, I finally heard back from them, and they told me that I had named the male puppy one name, and the female another, and they gave me the date of birth. So no I'm really starting to scratch my head and wonder what's going on. For one thing, I never name my pups, I leave that for their new owner. And for another, after I checked my records, I didn't have a litter of pups of that breed born on the day they said. I thought maybe they hadn't read the shot record right. So I really started digging. I went threw all my old airbills, and all my sold puppy notes. I even went to my Pay Pal account and went back over 6 months to see where they had made a payment on the pup. I did a search of my email account, and while I found several emails that we had exchanged back and forth, there was no kind of finialization email, like one that said "ok, we sent you the deposit," or "ok, we will be there on such and such day to pick up the pups." Nothing, not a dang thing. After hours of digging threw every possible thing I might be able to find a connection from, I finally had to email them again and try to explain my delema to them, I figured I was really going to catch hell over it, I was sure they figured I was trying to scam them or cheat them out of their papers, but I just can't send out dog registration papers to anybody that asks for some and have to do things right.

So, finally a few days ago I get an email back from them. They apoligised profusly. Turns out I was not the breeder they bought the puppies from!!!! Sheeesh! Can you believe that one?

Awwwwww, I feel so bad for you! :( I don't want to be a puppy breeder, I prefer more like an engineer, of some sort.

Thanks. It's not the job for the faint of heart for sure. If it was just about raising pups it wouldn't be so bad. I can deal with the dogs, the cleaning, birthing, life and death, grooming, and to a point, the endless paperwork.(the paperwork might be another of my weaker points) It's the people end of the business that drives me crazy. Dealing with customers is the least of it though, for the most part that isn't too bad. I don't mind answering questions, but once in awhile I'll get some sap that will ask me a questions and I'll answer it, and then they ask me the same questions 3 or 4 more times, it's like they never even bother to read the emails I spend all my time writing to them. But the big fly in the ointment is the Animal rights wacko's and egotistical inspectors and those types that make me want to commit bodily harm to my fellow humans. :rolleyes: Of course, engineering could certainly have it's pit falls too. I'd hate to design a bridge and then have it fall on somebody!

Edited by sheepdog (see edit history)

Thanks. It's not the job for the faint of heart for sure. If it was just about raising pups it wouldn't be so bad. I can deal with the dogs, the cleaning, birthing, life and death, grooming, and to a point, the endless paperwork.(the paperwork might be another of my weaker points) It's the people end of the business that drives me crazy. Dealing with customers is the least of it though, for the most part that isn't too bad. I don't mind answering questions, but once in awhile I'll get some sap that will ask me a questions and I'll answer it, and then they ask me the same questions 3 or 4 more times, it's like they never even bother to read the emails I spend all my time writing to them. But the big fly in the ointment is the Animal rights wacko's and egotistical inspectors and those types that make me want to commit bodily harm to my fellow humans. :rolleyes:

Of course, engineering could certainly have it's pit falls too. I'd hate to design a bridge and then have it fall on somebody!

Oh, yeah people can be incredibly annoying. Everytime I do a group project in school, I get the lazy "popular" folks, so I end up doing all the work and the teacher gives us the same grade! I wrote a whole 2 and a half page play about the rock cycle (it was awesome though) and it didn't include soem facts about how the rock cycle can change so I took the script and edited by MYSELF and I handed to her and she called me group over here, and asked if we put equal amount of work into it, and some popuar said yes. The only input they had in it was what charater they were. But I didn't take over and say I'm going to do this, none of them even voluteered to write it but I wouldn't let them but they would forget. So that is that story.
Well, not relaly into civil engineering, I want to make toys :P or be in this job where you do half engineering and half management. But I prefer to be a CEO or an owner of a company an dnot do anything. :P I am in the makin gof building a human ize robot but I'm having trouble find supplies. I don't buy the supplises I just pick stuff that I can use. So far I have a shoe box (foot), think cardboard tubes what was used to make my mom's shed (eyes), and an Ester price candy box (pupils of the eyes) I'm try to get my mom to find me a box but she keep forgetting, she works in management and her company gets products that come sin OMG! boxes shocker right? So if she could only remember.