xisto Community
Mich

What The H***** Did I Do? Tried to add funds to my Credit Balance

I have a Credit Balance of $8.66 in my account Client Area. My site package renewal comes up in November. Velmas post said PayPal was OK to use, so I went to my client area to add funds so I can pay for my renewal next month. I clicked on the Add Funds and somehow generated Invoices for $16.00, and no PayPal transfer is available. I am now being told I owe Xisto $16.00 in invoices that are overdue and my site will be suspended if I don't pay up. I don't owe my renewal until next month. What the H**** is this all about?

That's a real odd issue but I thought you had to deposit a minimum of like $50 anyways.I'd contact support directly though (Xisto - Web Hosting.com -> login -> submit ticket), as I think that is a faster method of getting help.

Welcome back Mich :) we missed you here. I heard of your unfortunate situation and I got complete info about your issue from the support techs. You should know firstly that your site wasn't suspended at all since there was no invoice due for the hosting account itself.

The module for Add funds was the cause of confusion in your case, it follows a protocol where you create an invoice with the amount you want to add into your credit panel and then once paid, the amount is added as credit. Since you didn't complete the payment, the invoice remained which is why it said 16 USD due :) You don't have to worry because those invoices will be removed and you should be able to use PayPal again. PayPal was recently verifying the accounts owned by Indians which is why we weren't allowed to receive payments, to avoid confusion the gateway was disabled until PayPal finished their verification process(ks link)

My only request is that you update this topic with a status on your issue if resolved or not :) Take care, see you around.

I have a Credit Balance of $8.66 in my account Client Area. My site package renewal comes up in November. Velmas post said PayPal was OK to use, so I went to my client area to add funds so I can pay for my renewal next month. I clicked on the Add Funds and somehow generated Invoices for $16.00, and no PayPal transfer is available. I am now being told I owe Xisto $16.00 in invoices that are overdue and my site will be suspended if I don't pay up. I don't owe my renewal until next month. What the H**** is this all about?

Welcome back Mich :) we missed you here. I heard of your unfortunate situation and I got complete info about your issue from the support techs. You should know firstly that your site wasn't suspended at all since there was no invoice due for the hosting account itself.
The module for Add funds was the cause of confusion in your case, it follows a protocol where you create an invoice with the amount you want to add into your credit panel and then once paid, the amount is added as credit. Since you didn't complete the payment, the invoice remained which is why it said 16 USD due :) You don't have to worry because those invoices will be removed and you should be able to use PayPal again. PayPal was recently verifying the accounts owned by Indians which is why we weren't allowed to receive payments, to avoid confusion the gateway was disabled until PayPal finished their verification process(ks link)

My only request is that you update this topic with a status on your issue if resolved or not :) Take care, see you around.

So for future reference, what we basically do is send ourselves an invoice (and pay it) for the amount we want to deposit to our accounts, and then when it is paid it will be added (since it's technically a credit)?

Hi Velma

I have been away for a while and HOPE to do more frequent posting. Between travel and health issues I have found it difficult to participate. I guess things are falling apart the older I get having just hit 70 this year. And my font has to get bigger so I can read what I typed. :lol:

I did submit a ticket through my Client Area and got a rapid reply:

Thank you for contacting Xisto - Web Hosting Support. I apologize for the delay in my response and for any inconvenience you might have been caused.

There was indeed an issue with PayPal where they were verifying Indian PayPal accounts which is why we had to temporarily disable PayPal as a payment gateway, PayPal has been reactivated and your invoice is due next month so you should be able to use PayPal for the payment :)

Coming to the 2 due invoices, the ADD FUNDS is a feature for clients who wish to add a bulk amount in their credit panel for purchases or renewals, it creates an invoice where you "pay" an amount of your choice and this is added to your credit panel. The problem lies in the fact that you didn't complete the payment which is why you got those "payment due" reminders. I have deleted those invoices and would like to let you know that your site wasn't suspended at all and is still active. I am terribly sorry for any confusion this has caused you and hope we can consider this issue resolved.

So you can see this issue has been dealt with effectively. I have now heaved a sigh of relief. :D I am still not too old to learn. I just have a more difficult time doing it. :(

Thanks also to others who replied to this post.

Hurray! I was able to add funds to my account through PayPal. Now I am set up to auto pay my invoice when it comes due mid November.

Hey there Mich, Hope you've been doing good :) we are still missing you here at KS,Congratulations! and thank you so much for updating the topic, I really appreciate that. The PayPal verification mess was solved a week or two after your post... Bunch of idiots run that company >_<Wishing you good health Grandma :P and maybe you'll stop by more often. Let me know if I can close this topic :)