xisto Community
shadowx

What The %#@! Is Goig On With My Site? Answers. NOW.

Ever since this place became KS opaque has let everything FAIL.On top of the forums dying my site is now slow to load, cpanel is slow to load. The forums, are slow to load. The Xisto server status page, is slow to load.Answers, NOW.If I were a client paying with real money I would produce a formal complaint and seek a competitor to move ALL of my services to, this is UNSUSTAINABLE. You are surely aware now that some members, myself included, have "defected" to AstroLoco. Im not going to advertise them here because they dont need it, however. I feel I will shortly move my services to their hosting and maintain only my domain name with xisto until AL support domains via credits. That means I will fully cease all activity on this forum and perhaps request that all my content be removed or defaced purely so that KS doest benefit from searches that link to MY content. I've been treated like crap with the "services" offered here.SORT IT OUT, NOW. No more BS, give me answers.Why cant Xisto - Support THEIR OWN server status pages? Why is opaque cant code a simple home page effectively? Why is it that until recentlyy Xisto - Web Hosting couldnt even put together a features page that linked correctly. LAUGHABLE.Xisto is NOT a viable option for PAYING clients, and any paying clients reading this should look elsewhere. I have recommended xisto network sites to clients and friends in the past but I will NEVER do so again.I have an upcoming project which needs to be effective and professional and it will NOT be hosted here.

Ever since this place became KS opaque has let everything FAIL.
On top of the forums dying my site is now slow to load, cpanel is slow to load. The forums, are slow to load. The Xisto server status page, is slow to load.

Answers, NOW.

If I were a client paying with real money I would produce a formal complaint and seek a competitor to move ALL of my services to, this is UNSUSTAINABLE.

You are surely aware now that some members, myself included, have "defected" to AstroLoco. Im not going to advertise them here because they dont need it, however. I feel I will shortly move my services to their hosting and maintain only my domain name with xisto until AL support domains via credits. That means I will fully cease all activity on this forum and perhaps request that all my content be removed or defaced purely so that KS doest benefit from searches that link to MY content. I've been treated like crap with the "services" offered here.

SORT IT OUT, NOW. No more BS, give me answers.

Why cant Xisto - Support THEIR OWN server status pages? Why is opaque cant code a simple home page effectively? Why is it that until recentlyy Xisto - Web Hosting couldnt even put together a features page that linked correctly. LAUGHABLE.

Xisto is NOT a viable option for PAYING clients, and any paying clients reading this should look elsewhere. I have recommended xisto network sites to clients and friends in the past but I will NEVER do so again.

I have an upcoming project which needs to be effective and professional and it will NOT be hosted here.

To get answers, one needs to ask questions. It is perhaps far too easy to simply get onto the forums and open a rant instead of first opening a ticket and submitting that id here. And what do you mean by "support their own server status page?" What have you been looking at because the page at https://support.xisto.com/serverstatus.php seems to be functional.

As for being treated like crap, please provide me the ticket ids, employee name and posts/topics where you have been mistreated and it shall be immediately sorted. I apologize if your earlier reports were ignored if you had reported your grievances that is. Features page that wasn't linked???

You are allowed to rant pages but to rant without providing ticket ids, domain name, links is absurdly irresponsible, don't you think so? especially since you have been a senior member on this forum and are pretty much aware of how things work here. So kindly oblige with the necessary details without making it sound as if your posts, emails are going unheard. Your last ticket was about the pending service which was already resolved since it was submitted on the 28th of August.

The attached image shows how I am currently using the forums.The ks frontpage at http://forums.xisto.com/ does not arrange correctly, I am unable to read the links. When I attempt to use the silly animated menu I cant, it closes every time the mouse leaves the initial menu, thus when I move the mouse to one of the sub-menus it closes before I am able to click on a link. Last night the server status page was taking a VERY long time to load, so much so that I left it loading and checked other tabs such as ping.eu to verify that my site was indeed still there and received up to 40% packet loss. The fact it took so long initially for that domain to be activated is a negative in itself, although the response was quick I should not have needed to submit a ticket about an order. Any successful business needs to prioritise it's clients.The whole place is dying, surely you see that? And yet Opaque does nothing to resolve this, at least nothing that the user's can see. as of last night I was virtually unable to use cpanel due to the loading time. Today it is back to normal.99% uptime sounds a lot, but when it gets like this you realise it isnt.

Well then, attach a screenshot and show me what you mean when you say the site isn't arranging itself properly. Also, there is no way we can confirm that the problem was indeed on our end without a support ticket since there are times when our ISP decides to play God with connectivity. I have had issues where my own website would not load but other sites would... And it would turn out that the servers were up, it is baffling I know but sometimes it happens.Well like I said earlier, when a member pays with mycent, we the mods are required to screen through your profile before it is approved which is why it took so long.

Nice, gone back to the HTML only version of the site now, no CSS, nice crisp white pages, and blue/purple hyperlinks.See attachment for my view of the frontpage.If I were a new client I would literally be unable to use any of the links in that popup menu. Not cool.It may well be the ISPs fault but if that is so then xisto needs to change ISP, simple as. The forum took so long to load that I am now back to the first screenshot in this thread, I have no images or CSS, the forum looks a complete wreck, If your ISP was this bad for a HOME user you would switch, for a corporation who's business is in providing a safe, stable platform for webhosting you simply cannot use an ISP like that.

For me it seems that everything is quite ok, the pages load quite fast and nothing is messed up, but I noticed that the forums aren't really active here ;[

Keep checking them, you will soon get hours or even days where the forums become unusable due to lag.The forums arent active anymore due to a few things, one is the number of spammers, two is the general quality of members has took a massive nosedive and three the quality of posts has taken an identical nosedive.Xisto used to be a cool place, great place to get knowledge, ironically, to learn things and to share things but KS is none of those.

Im sorry to say but i dont find anything wrong with KS.If people like you didnt come and slag KS and the people on KS (Opaque) off maybe there would be more users posting on the forums.If you dont like the way your sites and things are working then why dont you move it over to AL if they are so good NOT.AL has such a friendly community it slags people off behind their backs (I am not a *BLEEP* and my husband is not "a nothing" ) and when the going gets tough they delete their chats.

I am sorry but I find this post funny and I will tell you why.First, I find it funny how shadowx was expressing his frustration with technical things and how towards the end, the last post was talking about a competitor site bashing it and expressing satisfaction and gratitude for KS. Sorry but this is the funniest I have yet to come across. How is it exactly that bashing AL and talking positively about KS going to solve shadowx's problem? Shadowx, here's a question for you, did this solve your problem and feelings of frustration? NO, it did not :D...How hilarious?Second, I find it funny because Velma's statement shows that she is here for the public image of the company but not to help people. Is this what you are telling us Velma? That you are here to defend KS even if it means discrediting the members who are the actual MARKETING key because they are the CUSTOMERS! Basically Velma you really made me laugh in this post because you are even ready to yell at the top of your lungs at the customers to shut up and stop complaining and even call them liars just to save your image. Let me just say, you wanna save your company as a loyal employee, then you get on and start finding solutions for your customers instead of telling them they are lying and they don't know what they are talking about. Obviously if they are posting here, then it means they are having problems and if they have problems then your job that you are passionate about is about helping the customers with problems not trying to shut them up!!!! But I guess you are yet another xisto member who is more concerned with the image of xisto then with the customer satisfaction. Do you guys even know anything about quality assurance? Do you even know anything about marketing? Because it seems to me everyone in xisto is ignorant with marketing and you guys really make me laugh at the way you do your jobs!!!Third, I had a blast laughing at how a new member in KS who allows her personal issues to make her be truthful to the billions of people out there. Because she had personal issues with one person at AL she is now angry at everyone in that community and she would rather mislead the billions who surf the net everyday and tell them lies rather than be truthful to herself and to them. I am laughing. So let me get this straight!...KS is awesome and great when you had only been here recently and you don't find any problem with the KS service? What about the 100's of members who had been expressing their frustrations with KS for months now, are they all liars and you are the only person who knows what you are talking about? I have been a member of KS for a year now and many members who are not even members of AL have been expressing the terrible place this has become over the months and I too have expressed it countless times. So basically nanna, people should just take your word about KS just because you said so? First, let me say you have not been here for a long time. Second, let me say that you allow your emotions and personal problems cloud your judgment that you are even replying to this post with lies about how good this place is? So is that supposed to make you credible to everyone reading this post? This really made me laugh. To see how people react to things and jump at the first reaction without thinking things through is just so hilarious. Velma, Let me tell you, a moderator who personally takes part in the gossip that happens between members about each other does not deserve to be a moderator or a person in position. You are supposed to stop people from bashing each other and stop people talking about each other behind each others back and yet you decide to sit and listen and even give your own input on things. Don't you dare deny it because I was there. I was there in the chat room when you took part in the gossip that was taking place behind my back because my computer got stuck while logging out and I was still logged in while you thought I was not. I was there when you said that no one touched my posts or statuses and that is why it is funny how I am going around blaming KS. I was there when you sat there and listened to the gossip going on about AL. How professional Velma? VERY professional indeed. You are not able to say this in my face because you know I will prove you wrong so you say it behind my back. Again you try to just sweep things under the rug to save the image of xisto instead of acknowledging the problem and looking for solutions. Hiding things was never the solution! Opaque deleted my posts and I have proof with the dates and times of when Opaque logged in, deleted the messages in my profile and then logged out again. I have proof because I know I did not do it. So what member's statuses just disappear? Oh how weird, especially that the only ones that disappear are the ones expressing the frustrations against xisto? Oh strange all the other silly messages stay but just the ones telling truths about xisto get deleted by some hidden force!!! Before you Velma or any other xisto representative decide to treat the members as idiots just remember we are not stupid and it is so offensive of you to treat us like we have no brains. So don't you dare spread more lies to us. Face us with the truth no matter how harsh it was but don't lie to us. You owe us that because we are members here. Also nanna, AL does not allow any posts against KS by the way. Any post against KS gets deleted and any status against KS gets deleted. I assure you though that members still express freely if they have any problems with their sites or with anything else and unlike Velma, the admins and mods actually reply back with solutions to the problems and never deny the members their right to their voice. AL never replies to a member with a problem by saying to him or her it is your problem because you did not take the right actions and because the site seems to be working on our end. So what does that tell you?I won't do what you did and bash one on the account of the other but not only for that reason, I won't do it because the truth speaks for itself and AL speaks for itself. It does not need your words or mine because people who are members of both sites can tell the difference from experience and because unfortunately for you nanna, Velma and Opaque and KS are proving you wrong when all they are doing is hurting their own business by not acknowledging the problems that the members are facing. You wanna know what I also find funny nanna? It is funny how you copied and pasted a part of the PM you sent to me in your response to this post! Let me say again to you and to Velma and everyone else, if you have a personal problem with one person in a forum you do not judge the whole community and bash it for people or you would not be credible enough. Just like in Journalism if you allow yourself to take sides in your article you will no longer be a journalist of that publication because you have to be objective. Now, firstly, in AL the chat is open for all to see so people can defend themselves and there is no bashing one another behind each others backs, whereas in KS you have a chat room where people talk and gossip and speak ill of others then when they leave the chat is deleted. So tell me, what action is KS taking to stop the members from gossiping about one another or from hurting each other? A lot of other communities are doing a better job than KS right now because they have a choice to become better and they are rejecting that choice by focusing on the wrong elements of marketing. This is what happens when a community places more importance to money than its members. I am not here to advertise Astro Loco because I know for a fact that even if it is not Astro Loco, there are many other communities that are twice as better right now than KS. So instead of hopping at shadowx's words and denying his problems or jumping to defend KS and bash AL why not acknowledge that there are several glitches in xisto and get the technical guys to work on it and fix it? Why not bring those problems to Opaque's attention and ask him to deal with them? Why not stop the negativity in this place and stop the members from bashing other forums on KS? You know what I find interesting? In advertising when you want to compare a product with another product and you show it on television you either blur the label or you choose to have a label saying no name so you would not bash competitive products. Yet even though this is a similar situation here on KS, KS chooses to allow the bashing against another hosting site like AL thinking it would help save KS's name!!! Well anyone who has read a book called ``Marketing for dummies`` would tell you how wrong you are in this unprofessional attitude! Be it AL or any other hosting website, the right attitude is to not allow the community to take stands against other forums and hosting websites and instead of joining with the negativity, the professional leading company would try more to listen to its members' needs and to fix their image by presenting better services. But I guess I just had way too many high expectations from a place like xisto...Sorry, my bad I guess!Whatever you do all of you will come back at you! Karma is there and what goes around WILL come around! So your lies and lack of professionalism will not go on for very long, enjoy it while it lasts because we all know the truth anyway.

Edited by Hurt4love (see edit history)

@Shadowx :- I am yet to see your attachment, it does not seem to be there in your post. Could you please try linking once again? or probably upload it somewhere else and then give me the link? As for your websites & the forums, are they still buggy?AS for this topic, it would be marvelous if everyone could stay on topic which is about the speed and activity of the forums & personal websites. If you feel you cannot talk about the SPEED of forum/websites & post activity, please open a new rant topic in the vent section. Anyone ignoring this basic rule(Stay on topic!) or indulging in flaming will be warned. I wish I could ask you to give ks a second chance shadowx but it is entirely up to you, all I have to say is that OpaQue isn't just sitting around doing nothing, it might seem like that but he is doing all he can to bring back the spirit of Xisto through KS.

I just want to add my view on the situation... At least from my experience (I've been here years) things have been great around here. My issue stems more from the community itself than Xisto/Xisto - Web Hosting/Xisto/Whatever you want to name them.I will admit, however, that I have had issues in the past (and still am) with my server being slow and/or offline. Usually it's fixed pretty quick but 5-10 minutes offline can cause huge headaches and loss of potential customers. So from that end, it is definitely irritating. On that note, I'm wondering if upgrading packages would help resolve that...?When it comes to support, however, they have always been very fast at getting back to me. I've registered three domains and multiple hosting accounts. Only the first one took a while (I think 48 hours) and that was to confirm my account/posts/etc. In fact, my last domain, in around March of this year, was activated the same day I ordered it. It was up and fully running soon after (which they have no control over, as that's just propagation).My last support ticket was sent in 3 days ago, relating to my IP being blocked from my server (which is annoying to me but is a great feature as it keeps people from brute-forcing you -- not going to get into talk of proxies or otherwise -- it's helpful). Within 12 hours my IP was unblocked and I had a message letting me know so. I honestly can't remember the last time a ticket took more than a day, if even that long.So from my end, it appears a lot of complaints (like this one) are based on people not voicing their concerns or not doing it politely or possibly not even clearly. If people don't understand what your problem is, they can't help. It'd be like going to the doctor and saying "I'm hurting" and refusing to let them know where -- guessing what your problem is will not grant you a good/fast solution.