xisto Community
Final)arkJon

-change Your Ip-

Ok this ain't mah work and I'm not takeing credit for this at all! Just I alwayz see people post stuff bout changeing there i/p and I came across this...Changing IP AddressesI. AboutThis tutorial will teach you how to change your ip address to any other one on your ip range instead of having your DHCP Server pick one for you. This is very usefull because you can change your ip when you are getting DDoS'ed or if you wish to piss off someone running a webserver (or other service) on your ip range, it is also usefull to get around a bans as long as the ban only covered your ip not your whole ip range.As usualy anything illegal you do while reading this tutorial or after reading this tutorial is not my fault, your actions are your own so don't blame me. I do not claim that the things I teach are legal, so concider that everything i mention here is illegal if you are not sure your self.II. Needed InformationBefore you can change your ip you need some information. This information includes your ip range, subnet mask, default gateway, dhcp server, and dns serv.1. Getting your IP range - Getting information about your ip range is not difficult, I recomend using Neo Trace on your own ip. But for our test just look at your ip address, say it's 24.193.110.13 you can definetly use the ip's found between 24.193.110.1 < [new ip] < 24.193.110.255, dont use x.x.x.1 or x.x.x.255. To find your ip simply open a dos/command prompt window and type ipconfig at the prompt, look for "IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : x.x.x.x".2. Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, DHCP Server - These are very easy to find, just open a dos/command prompt window and type 'ipconfig /all' without the ' '. You should see something like this.Windows IP ConfigurationHost Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : My Computer Name HerePrimary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : UnknownIP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : NoWINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : NoEthernet adapter Local Area Connection:Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : xxxx.xx.xDescription . . . . . . . . . . . : NETGEAR FA310TX Fast Ethernet Adapter (NGRPCI)Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XXDhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : YesAutoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : YesIP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 24.xxx.xxx.xxSubnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.240.0Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 24.xxx.xxx.xDHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 24.xx.xxx.xxDNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 24.xx.xxx.xxx24.xx.xxx.xx24.xx.xxx.xxxLease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Monday, January 20, 2003 4:44:08 PMLease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, January 21, 2003 3:43:16 AMThis is all the information you will need for now, I sugest you either keep your dos/command prompt window open or copy & paste the information somewhere, to copy right click the window and select text and click once.III. Changing your IP AddressTo change your ip address first pick any ip you like out of your ip range and remember it or write it down. It is usualy a good idea to make sure the ip is dead (except for what we are going to do later on) so just ping it via "ping x.x.x.x" and if it times out then you can use it. Now go to My Computer, then Control Panel. In Control Panel select Network Connections and pick your active connection, probably Local Area Connection or your ISP name. Open that connection by double clicking on the icon in Network Connections, then select Properties under the General Tab. In the new window that pops up select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click properties, it's under the general tab. In this new window select the General tab and choose "Use the following IP address" and for the IP address enter the ip you would like to use (the one you picked from your subnet earlier) and for the Subnet Mask enter the subnet mask you got when your ran ipconfig /all, same goes for the Default Gateway. Now select "Use the following DNS server addresses" and enter the information you got earlier. Now just click OK. Test that it worked, try to refresh a website and if it works you know everything is okay and you are connected. To make sure the change worked type ipconfig agein and the ip address should have changed to your new one.IV. DDoS & DoS ProtectionIf your firewall shows that you are being ddosed, this is usualy when you are constantly getting atempted UDP connections several times a second from either the same ip address or multiple ip addresses (ddos), you can protect your self by changing your ip address via the method i described aboveV. Webservers & Other ServicesIf you know someone on your ip range is running a webserver and he or she has pissed you off or you just like messing around you can "steal" their ip address so any dns going to that ip will show your site instead because you would be running a webserver your self.To "steal" an ip is to basicaly use the changing ip address method above and picking an ip that someone that is running a webserver has in use. Often you will be able to keep that ip at least for some time, other times you wont be able to use it so just keep trying untill it works. You your self will need to have a web server on the same port with your message. You can do this with other services too. You can also DoS or DDoS the ip address you are trying to steal to kick him off the net, but I dont recomend as its pretty illegal, your isp will get pissed and feds may go ape-sh*t.

Hmmm, that's interesting, but I am not quite sure, it would or would it not get past a phpbb/ ipb ip ban, because from some of your wording it seems like it only appears as that on a local server. Altogether nice guide, I like it, but I have enough trouble keeping my IP the same long enough to test online games I make...

Hmmm, that's interesting,  but I am not quite sure, it would or would it not get past a phpbb/ ipb ip ban, because from some of your wording it seems like it only appears as that on a local server.  Altogether nice guide, I like it, but I have enough trouble keeping my IP the same long enough to test online games I make...

54165[/snapback]

how about for dialup users?

What is the big deal about changing your IP address?? If you really want to change your IP address all the time go here in the Philippines.I am using a dial-up internet connection and using a prepaid-card internet loads. Most of you guys would probably ask - "What the hell is prepaid internet load??!!" These are internet cards which you scratch something to see the some codes as your USERNAME and PASSWORD. You will then use them to create your internet connection. I am using a 100Pesos (US$2) , which lasts for a month, internet card which allows me to have thirty hours of internet during peak-hours (8:00 AM to 12Midnignt) and FREE during 12 midnight untill 8AM. That's is why I always looks like a Zombie everytime I go to school. heheheMy IP address changes everytime i connect to the internet. So IP banning wouldn't work for me. I could even create as many accounts as I want to those websites that allow only one account per IP Address (Like Trap 17). but I wouldn't do that of course, it is just a waste of time!But we could be still be traced by Internet Police though. LOL

if you had dialup connecetion every time you connect to the internet isp give it to you one new ip addressif you use ADSL - you can Choose your ip address before buy account

actually you have a set ip address you can check them out at certain sites... sorry i can't find one because i have lost interest on this topic awhile back. But anyways even on dial up you have a set ip address, you think it might be changing but its not... im not really sure why it seems like its changing but with a powerful enough script they will detect your true ip address this includes clocking with a software.

@Darkmecca. My IP address actually changes because I am using PREPAID internet CARDS. I am not subscribed to those Dial-ups like AOL or the likes. Prepaids are more of consumables.after you have used the 30hours, for example, you can buy another one without getting charged for the excess usaged. because there is actually no excess usage.I can check my prepaid account usage from a website and it tells the data for each connection, and there are different IP addresses for each. I can even test it to you. give a site that has shout box or anything that can get an IP Address, I will post a message. after a while i will disconnect then reconnect and will post again. let us check if my IP changes. :D

thats only to change your ip on your lan, you can't really change the one for your isp unless for some strange reason they let you... ours is static and never changes because we payed extra...but we had no choice on what it is... most people have a dynamic one and changes every time you sign onto the internet

Anyone who isnt doing anything illegal shouldnt have a need to change there IP address. To me this is *BLEEP*ing retarded. If you get banned from a site its you fault, you shouldnt be doing stupid *BLEEP*.

sorry to inform you but you are not going to get a reply this topic was created in 2005 all the people who are in this topic (bar me and you) are long gone.

all the people who are in this topic  are long gone.

Some of them are back.

Nevertheless, private peple can't change their public IP address, this address is defined by the ISP, and could be a fixed one or a temporary one changing once a day or once a week.

If you have several computers on a private network you can define the IP address of each one of your computers, but this address will be reachable only from the other computers in your network, and will not be your internet IP address.

Your internet service provider assigns you your outside address for the web. Now it's possible that it could change when you reconnect to them. Some ISP give their customers fixed/static IP addresses, in which it will never change unless you ask them to change it.

Maybe changing the IP address is what you may think you need, but there are many ways of obscuring/hiding your location, usually by means of going through a proxy that routes your data through them on your behalf, in which case you take on the proxy's IP address. Think of the proxy as a middle man, he gets your request and does it on your behalf, then sends what he receives back to you.

There are also ways you can bounce your traffic though tunneling, etc. However, depending on why you may require a different IP address, you probably should research more into it, since I really have no reason to delve deeper into ways to change it but that's my views, there would be some reasons you would want to change it. Especially to get around country restrictions, etc.

Cheers,

MC

all computers in your house will not have the same ip address but will have a close number for example say one has 193.000.2.16 the other will have 193.000.2.17

i know this as my computer and phone (both connected to same router) had ip address's close together only out by one number.

and btw yordan the starter of this topic left on: sept 16th 2007, and the rest left years ago but if it bring the community new comments then why not.