xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Harlot

Bachmann, "i'll Bring Oil Prices Down To $2"

Bachmann recently stated in South Carolina that on the first day of her administration, has prices would decrease to less than $2 a gallon, and she went on to criticize President Obama's administration of mishandling gas prices, and she pointed after that before President Obama took office gas prices were below $2, and now they are above $3. However, obviously the president has little control over the cost of gas and gas prices due to the fact that the price of crude oil is controlled by mid eastern nations such as Iran and Saudi Arabia, and also other nations that are in OPEC, which is an organization of mostly middle eastern nations who are some of the biggest oil producers in the world. Bachmann did lay out a plan to lower the restrictions on oil drilling, but there was a recent report that stated that even if the US opened up its East Coast and West Coast for oil drilling, only 500,000 barrels would be produced and the world uses over 89 million barrels a year, and by the time that 500,000 barrels are produced, which is by 2030, the world consumption would have already increased to 100m barrels. Also, OPEC has pledged to cut production if the US increases its production, which means that the prices would still remain the same if not go higher. So what do you think? Can Bachmann lower gas prices to lower than $2 if she becomes President?

I really have not been following Bachmann's campaign very closely. I guess I keep hoping Palin will throw her hat in the ring. I REALLY like her. As to wether she can bring down oil prices, yes, she probably could. The threat of the OPEC cutting production is to my way of thinking, an empty threat. They might cut production only if they can't sell us all that extra oil. They are still going to want an income, so much of a slow down isn't real likely. The problem we are going to run into is that even if they finally give drilling permits out to USA companies, it will still take several years before the new wells come into production, leaving us to suffer the pain at the pups for some time to come. But what really chaps my butt about this dirlling thing is our STUPID president Obummer giving OUR TAX DOLLARS to Brazil so THEY can drill for oil, telling them we will be their best customer. Brazil plans on drilling in basicly the same area that our government won't give US companies permission to drill in. A real stupid move, when you consider not only the need for American produced oil, and the high rate of unemployment in this country.