xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Harlot

Best Gop Candidate For President?

I've been keeping track of the GOP campaign for President for the last couple of months, and I want to give my opinion of some of the candidates and then mention which candidate I think has the best chances of winning a general election. I am going to try to be as reasonable as possible, and give reasons for why I feel the way I do about certain candidates and why I think they have a chance of winning or don't have a chance at all.Mitt RomneyI think Mitt Romney is probably the best candidate on the GOP side and has the best chance of winning the general election. I think he has a little bit weaker when it comes to winning the primary because he isn't as aggressive an far to the right as some of the other members who pride their campaign on Tea Party politics. However, he seem to stay above the fray and re-frame from launching personal attacks on other candidates. He looks much more presidential, and looking presidential is all about character and class. I don't think it is presidential material when someone constantly launches attacks rather than focusing on their own campaign and policies. As far as I can tell Mitt Romney has done that, and even when he attacks other candidates, the attacks usually have a sound logical basis or at not so harsh to the point that it looks like he is simply pandering to the far right GOP base rather than simply speaking his mind and telling the people what he truly believes. That is one of the main ways he different from the majority of the other candidates, especially those that are on the GOP side and in the primary. He seems to be well informed on all the issues, he is a moderately charismatic guy and a decent speaker. He is in a good position at the moment, and may be the winner of the GOP primary and possibly the general election if President Obama can't get his campaign together. Newt GingrichI think Newt Gingrich is probably one of the most intelligent people who are within the GOP party when it comes to policy, and certain the most intelligent when it comes to those who are currently running for the GOP nomination for President of the United States. I've monitors him for quite a while, and his knowledge of how Washington works, and the effectiveness of the legislative process seems to be beyond the knowledge of every other candidate in the party. He usually don't pointlessly attack other candidates, and just like Mitt Romney, he looks above the fray. However, his only weakness is that he is so boring and uncharismatic. He can talk all day about policies in detail, but he doesn't seem to have the power to inspire people, and that is what is needed in order to win a campaign. People don't always vote for the smartest person on the stage, they vote for the person who they can remember most, and the people who present policies in a way that is easy to understand, logical, appealing, and emotionally moving. I can't see him winning the GOP primary, and if he does, the GOP is in trouble in respects to the general election. I highly doubt he is a man who can beat Obama. John McCain has a better chance of beating President Obama in a general election than he does. Another issue is that he seems a bit uncompromising and stubborn. This is obviously just a first impression since I don't personally know him, but it seems that his unwillingness to compromising may have been what lead to the collapse of his campaign earlier this year, when his entire campaign team pretty much quit on him, walked out, and join the campaign of other candidates.Michele BachmannI think Michele Backmann is in no way presidential material. She is only slightly more intelligent than Sarah Palin, and it appears that she does not have the intellectual capacity of candidates such as Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich. I really want to say that she is the dumbest candidate in the entire GOP field. I can't think of any candidate more dumber in respects to politics and policy making on the federal level unless Sarah Palin or Donald Trump decides to throw their hats in the race. However, I can say that she is a good speaker and knows how to use talking points. Because of that, despite her perceived lack of knowledge, she has a chance to win the primary, especially due to the fact that she has closely aligned herself with the far right GOP base, and the Teaparty. Also, when she won the Lowa straw poll, that showed that she could mobilize people and she had a base to support her campaign. Nevertheless, she is probably one of the most far right candidates in the race, and she has not problem launching personal attacks at other candidates that are running in the primary or President Obama. Everytime she is on stage she talks about President Obama being a one term president, and that seems to be all that she talks about. It is always about the policies of President Obama or how terrible he is when she is on stage. She is going to have to talk about more than President Obama if she wins the primary and is thrown into a general election. I personally don't think she can win a general election, and she will have a hard time winning over independents. One good thing about her is that she did steal the fire of Sarah Palin. She took the lights and cameras right off of poor Sarah lol.Herman CainI think Herman Cain is the candidate with one of lowest chance of winning. I comes off as the 2nd dumbest candidate in the race, with the exception of Michele Bachmann. He is just a loud mouth, but nothing he says ever has any substance. He just talks talks talks, and run his mouth. Another problem that he has is that he makes comments that he is not willing to stick with. For example, his comment that he would not allow Muslims in his administration. He made that comment, and later retracted it after he visited with Muslim leaders, and he claimed that he lacked knowledge of Islam when he made the comments. Who wants a President that lacks knowledge of other cultures? That is a recipe for disastrous foreign relations. Even if he thought that about Muslims, no candidate who is Presidential material would say it because we have to work with countries such as Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Kuwait, who are all Muslim allies who are important to the national security of the US. Another thing is that most of our oil comes from Muslim nations. The guy is not stable enough to be President, and he has completely no chance of winning either the primary or the general election. I can't really think of any strength that he has. He isn't even good at moving a crowd or speaking. He comes off too much as shouting. Although Michele Bachmann doesn't come off as intellectual, she has the ability to move a crowd and speak in a way that people are attracted to her, and she also knows what not to say as a political candidate. Ron PaulI think Ron Paul is probably the most honest candidate in the race. However, his honesty really hurts his chance of winning. I think he probably down there with Herman Cain when it comes to his chance of winning for GOP primary. As for winning a general election, he certainly doesn't have a chance. Although polls show that he can beat Obama, I highly doubt that most of the people taking those polls know who Ron Paul is or the policies that he advocate for. When he starts talking about abolishing the CIA, FBI, and removing all US bases, cutting military spending, abolishing Social Security, and Medicare, and the Department of Education, people will certainly run the other way. His policies conflict with the interest of too many people, and I think they would rather have another 4 years under President Obama rather than risk enduring 4 years under Ron Paul. I know I am missing come candidate, but those are the few candidate who I think are mot visible. Does anyone else have an opinion on these candidates?

I think Ron Paul is probably the most honest candidate in the race.

Isn't it a sad state of affairs when the most honest candidate doens't stand a snowball chance of winning? Seems we'd rather see liars and cheats and con men represent us.

While I haven't made any decisions I have definatly crossed a few of the candidates off my list. Rick Sanatorium is a big NO NO, due to his ties with animal rights wacko's, and his introduction of the Paw's bill several years ago that would regulate dog breeders right off the face of the earth. And while the media is currently raving over the wonders and acomplishments of the Texas govener, he also recently signed legislation to hamper dog breeders rights, and while he may be making more of some types of jobs in Texas he is ruining others.

I just can't get interested in Romney. He's too stuffed shirt, good old boy, career type politician. The same kind that has things so screwed up now. I think the Tea Party is good for America. Even if their candidates don't win, it's getting the word out that the American public is sick and tired of the way things are going now, too much government, too much control and spending totally out of control.

The media ignores Ron Paul.

Yes, sad to say, they really do. I heard more about Trump than I have Ron Paul. I am actually leaning a little toward Ron Paul. He does have a few ideas that I think are off base a little, but for the most part, I think he would really shake things up, which may just be what this country needs. It sure doesn't need any more of the crap we've had for so many years now.

Some years ago I read a sci fi novel, and it explained how in this fictous world the political system was run, and I thought it was a fantastic idea and wish we could do something like it. Apparently, when someone in that world was put into political office, everything they owned was turned over to the government. Then, after ever how many years their term was, when they got out of office, if the country was in better shape than it was when they went into office, they got all their property back. If the country was a mess, they lost everything. Now doesn't that sound like a pretty slick idea?????