xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Harlot

Rebels Hunting For Gadhafi

CNN today reported that the rebels are currently hunting for Gadhafi and a ransom of 1.4 million was placed on his head. They said that they want him dead or alive. People are saying that they think that he is still in the country, but I don't think Gadhafi is that stupid. I've been trying to think of countries that would be willing to risk taking him in. For example, there has been talk and speculation that Tunisia has offered to shelter Gadhafi, but they just had a revolution themselves that overthrew the regrieme of their 30+ year president, so it is really hard to believe that they would be willing to take him in and risk the US and France making attempts to initiate another revolution. There has been talk about Zimbabwe taking him in, but it seems that Mugabe wouldn't want to take that risk either. He already has a trigger on his back, so why would he want to take in Gadhafi and make himself even more of a target for stuff like sanctions and military intervention. Saudi has a long history of taking in overthrown tyrants. They even offered to take in the Egyptian President, but its hard to see them taking in Gadhafi due to their relationship with the West and because of the fact that Saudi and Libya have never had good relations. They have been into it with each other for a long time, and one Gadhafi threatened to bring Saudi to its knees. The only countries that I can think of that will take him is and not fear the blow back that would result is North Korea and Venesula. He has a good relationship with both countries, but the question is how will he get there at this point, if he is not already there. I think Venesula is probably his best option in terms of living a decent life, but Chavez has been sick lately and if he dies its hard to tell who will take over the country. If someone that is pro-US takes over, then he will absolutely have to get out of the country quickly and find another place for safety and refuge. North Korea is more stable, and less likely to fall. Kim Jong pretty much has that country tied down, and so does his son. So I can't imagine North Korea falling any time soon, so that would be the best long term solution, but who takes to live in North Korea? That is probably one of the worst places on earth to live. It is comparable to East Germany if anyone remember that society. I had a professor who visited East Germany during his years as an undergraduate, and he talked about how gloomy the country was. However, I can not believe that Gadhafi would still be in Libya. He should know from history that if they catch him, his hand will be put on a platter. You see the President of Tunisia was smart enough to know that, and he, his wife, and children boarded a plane and got out of dodge quickly. They currently live in Saudi Arabia. But if Gadhafi is still in Libya, his best bet is to fight to the death. Its been to go down in a storm of gun fire rather than to be beat down in the streets where people can do the most gruesome things....like cut off your genitals or something or cut your head off. Saddam wanted to be shot, but they hung him. Its not a good thing to be hung either, that is not a good way to die. At this point, it is hard to see him regaining control of the country, primarily because it is not just the rebels alone. If it were just the rebel, the revolution in Libya would have been put down a long time ago. It appears that what is pretty much happening is that NATO planes are bombing the crap out of every Libyan military unit that comes into sight, and the rebels are just walking right through the carnage. NATO bombs, and the rebels just walk right into the capital. Even in the most recent development where Gadhafi's compound was over ran by rebels, the compound held off the rebels until NATO carpet bombed it, and then rebels were pretty much just able to walk on him and clean up.