xisto Community
MarcyW

Who Is A True Christian?

Every human is related to life through the thread of love and religion. They follow the norms and decorum of their religions. But who is a true christian? A person gave me a site goodnewsfl.org. Can anyone tell me if the above website has the answer of my question?

Every human is related to life through the thread of love and religion. They follow the norms and decorum of their religions. But who is a true christian? A person gave me a site goodnewsfl.org. Can anyone tell me if the above website has the answer of my question?

Well, for a start you are wrong. Clearly not every human is 'related' through 'religion', unless you are saying that atheists are not human, which would be pretty insulting.
As for what a Christian is - ask 10 Christians and get 10 answers. In the broadest sense it is someone who believes that a 1st century Jew called Jesus is God (or at least part of the trinity).
In practical terms, some say you need baptism to be a Christian, some say not. Some say you must explicitly say that Jesus is Lord and Saviour, others say that simply obeying the commandments is all you need.

I happen to be very familiar with 'The Good News' ministry. I get their monthly magazine on a free subscription. In short it is complete garbage, but very glossy and nicely presented - like the website. As an example, the current edition carries an editorial piece titled 'Evolution vs Creationism'. It misrepresents science from the very first paragraph and makes a host of untrue and unsubstantiated statements of 'fact'.
If you want to read a comic, buy the Beano.

(I read it because I frequently come up against members of this fruity little gathering on the internet and it is nice to be able to quote their own bull**** back at them).

wrong again. athiesm is a choice to no believe. basically it's a belief that there is no god. if the belief is strong enough, it can very well be considered a religion or a religious belief. maybe not strong in #'s compared to those who believe in god, but still a religion when we are talking about a belief.
you cease to amaze me. you must be bored again. does this mean you are coming back to liven up the forum? do you still have me blocked? you never could argue with me because of my persistance to prove you wrong in so many ways it's not even funny. the truth is, your your religious belief in atheism is weak....and so are you.

Well, in that case, allow me to join in the discussion. Maybe you could debate with me without resorting to ad hominem attacks.

let me just point out that the majority of people in this world believe in a god or higher power. you are in the minority.

Irrelevant.

you always will be.

I see you've bought a time machine since I was last on this forum.

to believe in nothing ultimately means you are living in nothing. basically what you believe is your life held no meaning. you live and die and that's it.

Utter bollocks. Every good person lives to make a positive contribution to society and it's hard to feel happy and fulfilled otherwise. Whether it's helping people in a shop of writing Romeo and Juliet - we all contribute something for the good of society.

you're a lemming. a creature of habit lead by society because you don't know any better. you're a worker ant just trying to survive until you die and your bones turn to dust. what a pointless way to live. as a teacher, you haven't even helped anyone when you can pass on your beliefs and insights in to the world and universe. i would say do some soul searching, but according to you, you have no soul. if you can't count on anything completing you before you die, then obviously you have lead and will continue to lead an incomplete life.

Aren't you the worker ant, trying to do God's work to win a place in heaven?

i have heard you talk about your beliefs and i have argued them. you can call people liars, belittle them, and put them down with every post you make according to your own belief system as a teacher or whatever you believe in(except god). you put me on ignore though. you can dish out a lot of crap but you just can't take it when someone discredits you as a person and what you stand for? you probably still have me on ignore. that's fine. i just love telling the world about you still every time you post.

More personal attacks. I see why Bikerman's chosen to ignore you.

let me point out that i don't share other peoples religious beliefs nor am i in any way associated with any religion.
i liked how you assumed my beliefs though.

I did not assume that you were affiliated with any religion, just that you believe in God and that's a fair assumption given the content of your post.

When you say you don't share other people's religious beliefs, does that mean you have your own religion?

I've never seen the love in God.

And not ''every'' since that would include Atheist as well which is stupid since Atheist don't believe in God.

How do you know if you belong to God? We see in these words what some people depend on as an evidence of their acceptance with God. Some people think that they are all right before God if they are not as bad as some evil person. Other people point to their family history or church membership to show that God approves of them. There is an evangelism programme in common use that asks people certain questions. One of the questions is, "Suppose you were to die today. Why should God let you into his heaven?" A very common response is, "I believe in God." Apparently the apostle James knew people who said the same thing: I know I am in God's favor, because I know these religious doctrines.Of course James admits that this knowledge is good. Not only is it good, but it is also necessary. Nobody can be a Christian who doesn't believe in God; and more than that, the One True God. This is particularly true for those who had the great advantage of actually knowing the apostle, someone who could tell them of his first-hand experience with Jesus, the Son of God. Imagine the great sin of a person, who knew James, and then refused to believe in God! Certainly this would make their damnation greater. Of course, all Christians know that this belief in the One God is only the start of good things because "anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." (Heb. 11:6.)However, James is clear that although this belief a good thing, it is definitely not proof that a person is saved. What he means is this: "You say you are a Christian and you are in God's favor. You think God will let you into heaven, and the proof of it is, you believe in God. But that is no evidence at all, because the demons also believe, and they are sure to be punished in hell." The demons believe in God, you can be sure of that! They not only believe that He exists, but they believe that God is a holy God, a sin-hating God, a God of truth, who has promised judgments, and who will carry out his vengeance upon them. This is the reason the demons "shudder" or tremble- they know God more clearly than most human beings do, and they are afraid. Nevertheless, nothing in the mind of man, that devils may experience as well, is any sure sign of God's grace in our hearts.This reasoning may be easily turned around. Suppose demons could have, or find within themselves, something of God's saving grace-proof they would go to heaven. This would prove James wrong. But how absurd! The Bible makes it clear that demons have no hope of salvation, and their believing in God does not take away their future punishment. Therefore believing in God is not proof of salvation for demons, and it is safe to say, not for people, either.