xisto Community
velma

Http://www.knowledgesutra.com/discuss/ Love It Or Hate It? Post your uncensored feedback here :P

OpaQue Finally! finished his major coding projects and has already put it up for display at http://forums.xisto.com/ (The slash is required at the end of discuss). I am pretty sure he would love to hear your feedback about it. Let us know what you like or dislike about the new module :)

ok here we go :)- i like the dark gray color of the header with the texture in it but i think it should be centered for the whole page or expanded to cover the whole width of the page, not like now it is aligned to the left side of the pagewell, in fact there is a strange thing about the header because i just decrease the view of the page in my browser and i found it is already expanded but in a (1024&768) like the one i use, it appears like it is cut from the right side. maybe that happened because of the logo of the knowledgesutrs, i am not sure. you should fix it any way. because right now when i view the page in my browser (opera) i see the header is cut from the right side and it looks like it is smaller than the footer.also when i decreased the view for 70% i can see that you expanded the header to 100% but not the footer so you should fix that too.- even i said i liked the dark gray but the degree of red is not fit with it, it is like something wrong with this combonation, try a lighter degree of red and see how it looks like.- and just tell me why you have the "HOME" worf instead of the logo, which it pushed to the end of the header?i can't see a meaning to that home there and why the logo is pushed to the end?!- the curve corners in the index box and the over all layout look fine and elegant i like it.-also i like the light gray for the menu hover, but you have to use that degree of gray for the menu in the header too. because as i see when we navigate to a sub category a tab in the menu of the header will be added but in a more darker gray. and this i think you should change to combine colors of the whole site.- in the bottom i think you should to center the copyrights too with the links to fit with everything there.- in the sidebar, i like the design of the header of each section with that dark gray to fit with the header and foter but you need to use a one type of font to all of them because right now i can see you are using two or three and that doesn't look profesional you know. you need to make the hover of the sidebar links gray to suit with everything else, as i can see the hover background now is pink!! :huh: who is that related to everything else??and finally you should justify the spaces between sections in sidebar. right now they are not equal.that's it for now, fix it and post the link here and i am ready to help :) good luck.edit...i found more right now ;) -the feedback icon that appears in the left side in this link http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ it should be fixed, because it doesn't appear when i scroll up and appears behind the copyrights when i scroll down. in fact that happens when i scroll the page to the right so i think it is normally not to appear on the top but it should be fixed to be above the copyrights i think.and as i can see now when scroll the page to the right the whole page is being above the feedback icon.in firefox i see the same things so no new. except the header appears less cut off from the right side.- the logo of knowledgsutra needs to be png format because i see a line seperate it fro the background.-and there is a transparent bar above the red line in the bottom, i don't know if that what you want oor it appears there by mistake.

Edited by web_designer (see edit history)

I like it better the way it is now. The topic list on the new one is harder to find the forum you want to read as it seems to all run together, just a long list on a white background.

Why do I have to be informed of my global coordinates? Is it 2003 or am I missing something here? Why is the logo on the right and unnoticeable? Doesn't make sense.

Edited by Baniboy (see edit history)

are you sure he wanted that link posted? last i heard, he didn't want google picking anything up. also, it's a little premature to even give an opinion seeing there is still a lot of work to do.bani- i still don't see any global coordinates. where exactly is it listing the visitors coordinates???

ha. yea, your funny bani. yea, i see it on your screen shot. i took a second look in my browser and noticed that i don't have a welcome box. weird.

Posted Image

yeah i must say it is weird to notify visitors about their global coordinates. i thought that too but i think he might want to impress his vistors or has a point bhind it. who knows??

yeah i must say it is weird to notify visitors about their global coordinates. i thought that too but i think he might want to impress his vistors or has a point bhind it. who knows??

This isn't year 2003, that isn't impressive anymore. :D

And no it's not a fake picture... I see it.

ha. yea, your funny bani. yea, i see it on your screen shot. i took a second look in my browser and noticed that i don't have a welcome box. weird.

Hello Anwiii, maybe its just you that he doesn't want to know your location..... i'm not so keen on the new lay out to be honest,

there are a few things that you have all said prior to now and I agree with most of them, what i think would be constructive is if we were to maybe be nice and suggest how we think he could make it better instead of being so down on his design.

Bani, i get that your not impressed but given your level of interest in this new "development" maybe it would be nice to constructively advise him on what the community would like to see.

How about that as a new line of discussion instead of the current negative angle

Just a thought.

Well, I prefer giving destructive criticism. :D That's just the person I am. I already told him what to do earlier, isn't that enough? The design itself is pretty standard, other than the big "HOME" text and the actual logo being on the right. There's not much to say about it. I'm just the kind of person that notices when something is wrong. Giving global coordinates in this day and age is amateurish. I don't really see how I could make it more constructive than that.But sure I raged in another thread that I started in the vent, but that's the vent, and all I did was point out the mistakes... with RAAAAGEEE :lol:

Hi Bani,yes i saw the "rage" on the other vent topic list. I will also admit its not my cup of tea, but hey at least he tried to create a new image, the location / welcome box is a bit naff, the layout is bland and honestly i dont see the point of a stripped down version of KS anyway.Keep venting Bani, we have all done it at some time, and maybe between the regular users of KS we could point out some key design ellements, functions and features that we would like to see in KS, then KS may grow into a resource that we all love and enjoy using.J