xisto Community
Baniboy

The Ks Frontpage Is Stupid

The frontpage and intro  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

thank you bani and velma now i can see what is happening. for the intro, it seems it is not showing in opera. here is what i see on my browser

Posted Image

as you can see there is no link for the intro, for some odd reason. therefore i was confused and didn't know what are you talking about guys.

and as i remember i usually see that intro when i click on Xisto link in the menu of the forum but it seems the link is changed so i couldn't find it.

now seriously, why a forum or a company like xisto needs an intro and a front page??

i mean what is the point of having two front pages "because the intro is assumed to be a front page for the whole company too", so what is the point here?? i can understand!!

anyway, i checked that front page in firefox and it seems the intro link is showing there, here is the screenshoot in firefox

Posted Image

so opque, you have to make it cross browsers so everyone can see it correctly.

Who says raging is useless?! Rage for the win, people! Ok just kidding, perhaps I could've raged a bit less in the opening post...Anyway, mind mentioning anything specific? Are you just fixing the bugs that wd reported and leaving it as it is otherwise?

Who says raging is useless?! Rage for the win, people! Ok just kidding, perhaps I could've raged a bit less in the opening post...Anyway, mind mentioning anything specific? Are you just fixing the bugs that wd reported and leaving it as it is otherwise?

Yes, you could have raged a bit less in the opening post :P .. No one is leaving anything as it is, remember, the layout was uploaded after it was assumed that everything was fine(which was true since the layout looked perfect on the machines in the office). But it is a really good thing we have logical members like you and WD (and shadowx)on this forum since all of the feedback helped us fix bugs that didn't appear on OUR screens.

If you find any more bugs/kinks or bad css, you know where to report them :D

great, i will be waiting for the new layout with less bugs. and i really hope that it will be done cross browsers so everyone can see it correctly. and even if it is not i will report it right away, good luck.

I seriously doubt anything will change. Maybe the bugs, but the rest of the stupidness like the flash intro and the front page will probably stay.

You're displaying the W3C XHTML Valid logo, yet the page generates 30 errors.

The Xisto logo at the top still stands out much more than the KS logo. If the name is changed now, the KS logo should be the one that stands out the most.

The red of the KS logo looks weird on the blue background. Red on black looks OK, but the red on blue just makes me wince.

I seriously doubt anything will change. Maybe the bugs, but the rest of the stupidness like the flash intro and the front page will probably stay.

I'm like a psychic sometimes. I correct myself, you didn't fix the bugs. Instead there's Xisto logo with a free hosting message under it and a Xisto logo looking like some secondary useless thing there with not-so-attractive subheader that is hard to read.
So all you did was, change the graphics to something else, add some logos, including a fake W3C one and left it there. Didn't address any real issues there by adding fake logos and calling people in to analyze it. The layout is ugly and stupid. In every logical sense possible, every element is exactly where it shouldn't be.

You obviously don't want to even fix the most obvious ones so I guess the users have wasted their time trying to suggest you what to do. You don't listen and you do as you please, just like when you changed the name to this crappy one (almost everyone voted against it). Do not act like you take suggestions or advice when you obviously don't. So go ahead, do as you please and see how many will stay with all this spam here, inactivity and general deadness of the forum. See how many news visitors you can collect without anyone here to welcome them like there aren't now, see how many people will actually find this place when looking for free hosting and see how many will stay with your company changing servers of the accounts without warning the users, how they have to rage with a status message and talk to velma to have their support tickets answered to. See how many will buy domains and hosting with real money when they can get them cheaper elsewhere. This place never healed after your MyCENT and forum upgrading screw-up (which you did knowing it was a screw-up) and it won't heal unless you do something instead of making things worse and worse.

I'm addressing things not related to the main page here, but whatever.

i think the new layout now with the dark blue background is much better than before, you did a good job by using the ingredient here and there to give it this look, BUT even the white color fits the blue but it kind you over used it in way that makes the words "a quest of wisdom through knowledge" lost with the overall design. in other words they are not showing clearly and hard to read correctly. and becuse the word "knowledge" in different color with a curve way, made things much more harder to look clean.

the same is said for the logo "Xisto", you made the sub heder in three different fonts and in three and i think in two or three ingredient of white color, nd this makes the over all look in a mess.

and i really can't understand the reason of using Xisto in the front page when you suppose you changed it to Xisto??? it makes thing confusing right there.

any way, my suggestions as a designer are:

- make the binary digits (0,1) more transparent to reduce the elements stand out from the background and to not ffect the writing above it.

- make all the logos (mysql,google,cpanel,jquery...ect) fade more and give them a shiny blue effect when hover, and try to make them smaller or add some space between them and the Xisto writing.

- fix the logo of the header to contain two fonts one for the header and one for the subheader, and i think it should be "Xisto" not Xisto. and if you want to inform others about the change of the name, just add a few words in the main body with a link about the whole story :).

and another word about the java script or jquery of the menu effect, it doesn't work properly, here is what i got in opera after click on it twice or three times

Posted Image

as you can see, there is a cut edges left from the left side in ugly way. and notice that the (linux, microsoft..ect) all that line is hiding behind the menu tab. while it looks fine in firefox, looks like this

Posted Image

hope that helps, good luck.

@BANIBOY : Go and Eat something... you really are STARVING as your MOOD suggests.. Help, only you if can. else, you are free to keep quiet. Don't act like Anwii. @WD: Thanks. You are right, putting Xisto in the main page makes no sense now :) I will focus mainly on KS and its services.. As for the W3C Logo, I will get it removed as I see no point of why its there.

Hah, kinda funny. Instead of addressing the real issues, you address my mood. MOOD. I tried to help earlier but you didn't take it, so do me a favor and don't act like you're listening and playing calm. I'm raging about the most simple things even someone new to web design would know but which you seem to ignore. And no I won't keep quiet, get used to it. Address real issues and fix things instead of talking about my mood, make layouts for the guest forum, all the while when your users are disappearing. And maybe then I wouldn't complain. I won't keep quiet because you don't like to hear the truth.

Edited by Baniboy (see edit history)

Don't act like Anwii.

hey now. i have yet to say much about your new additions except that i have supported them. if you are talking about complaining, when have i ever had an invalid complaint? start a topic so we can discuss it....otherwise, don't make false accusations towards me or i might be inclined to complain about my last run in with your staff which i thought i would let go.

i don't complain just to complain. also, if you don't want suggestions, don't ask for them. bani is stating his opinion

plus- i am one of a kind. don't ever compare others to me :D

I think you guys need to give Opa a freaking break! Somehow I doubt anything Opa does now will please you guys. WD, thank you so much for your helpful feedback, I seriously appreciate you taking out the time for this ^_^ . Bani, instead of raging on and on about how Opa is not DOING THIS & DOING THAT, care to expand in points what is not being done?

i might be inclined to complain about my last run in with your staff which i thought i would let go.

Open a new topic in the vent section if you wish to, please avoid adding it here :)
Despite this being the vent where you are allowed to rant as you please, try to remember that you CAN be a little more polite.