xisto Community
Fun4TheMoney

We're On Google! Check your ID

Google search for fun4themoney

I check the big search engines, regularly, to see if I'm there, yet. Today I tried Google, comparing it to Alltheweb.com (which I thought was powered by Google). I'm not on alltheweb.com, but there, on Google, were responses I posted on this message board. Since I've only been here for a week or so, I thought that was pretty amazing. What a heads-up organization we have, here, at Trap-17. YEE-HAH! :P

Follow my link and try your own IDs. I figure if I'm up there, so are the rest of you.

I also checked one of my other names, countrynaturals. That was kind of strange. Google picked up several old pages from when we were selling our farm. They're all dead, now--moved, acually--so the links don't work. None of my new pages are there. I changed that site at least 4 months ago, and haven't done anything since to alter tags or submissions to search engines for that site. I guess that means Google is at least 4 months behind in updating their links. ;)

Suz

well Xisto has always been on google, but if you search for some specific things they might give you links for the Xisto forum, its quiet interesting. well i know my site has made it onto the google search list so im pretty happy.

oh nice but isnt that normal my sites in google i just dont get it whats up with your site being on google?

53909[/snapback]

My mistake, sorry. I should have clicked through before posting. Since the link had my name on it, I thought it was going to link back to one of my entries. I thought I'd hit on a great opportunity for generating traffic, but the link just goes back to the main message board page. It isn't a link to me at all. ;) Is there a way I can delete this whole thread and not waste anybody else's time?

Actually, this can still work for other boards. I found an old message of mine on suite 101 from 1999. I think I'll do some digging. I'll bet there are some forums out there with good search engine rankings that would link directly to our entries. If those boards also allow links to our sites, forums could help generate traffic if used properly.

Suz

My screenname is not on there yet, but then again, I've only been on Xisto for about 3 days, so I don't blame google. However, when googling my screenname, I got 53 results. How many results do you get when you google your screnname?

One of the most interesting things about yahoo and google both now is you can get alerts in your inbox. What I mean by this is you can pick a subject and google will sent you links in your inbox to hits on that subject. I have my name and my domain name in this alert. It really interests me what sometimes will come up. Beth

:\Googling my username just brings up a bunch of totally unrelated stuff, my profile page for here and some of my posts are on almost the 20th pageAhh well, at least something comes up.

Google search for fun4themoney
I check the big search engines, regularly, to see if I'm there, yet. Today I tried Google, comparing it to Alltheweb.com (which I thought was powered by Google). I'm not on alltheweb.com, but there, on Google, were responses I posted on this message board. Since I've only been here for a week or so, I thought that was pretty amazing. What a heads-up organization we have, here, at Trap-17. YEE-HAH! 

Follow my link and try your own IDs. I figure if I'm up there, so are the rest of you.

I also checked one of my other names, countrynaturals. That was kind of strange. Google picked up several old pages from when we were selling our farm. They're all dead, now--moved, acually--so the links don't work. None of my new pages are there. I changed that site at least 4 months ago, and haven't done anything since to alter tags or submissions to search engines for that site. I guess that means Google is at least 4 months behind in updating their links. 

Suz

Everytime I check up my username on Google, I get tons of pages of weird stuff, because I use my username for almost everything I signup for. I found some of my old profiles, with some crazy stuff. Thanks for making me search, if you haven't, who knows who could of saw those files! Thanks.

My screenname is not on there yet, but then again, I've only been on Xisto for about 3 days, so I don't blame google. However, when googling my screenname, I got 53 results. How many results do you get when you google your screnname?

58649[/snapback]

I get about 65, but they aren't all from here. My screen name, here, is also my domain name, and I have 6 web sites, all linked, so Fun4TheMoney shows up for all of those, too. I was really impressed by how fast all of these things turned up on Google. I used to use a Yahoo-based search engine--not anymore. Google is the best.

I'm also in love with Google Adsense. Their customer service is awesome. I haven't been with them long enough to make any money, but so far I'm impressed, anyway.

Suz

I use psyfish as a name for all foums and everything that I sign up for. So when I search for my website, psyfish.tk, I alwasy have to sort through all my posts. Posts on forums always seem to go onto google really fast. I used to have forums and just about everypage was indexed. Although since this is the first day I've been signed up for this I don't think that my posts will have been indexed yet.

did u register on google from cpanel on this host cuz on my old hosts that stink those things never worked so i quit cuz when i asked a question about them they would never reply to me and thats why i joined here