xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sheepdog

Book/tv Show Haven

I really like the new TV show, Haven. It is based on a book by Steven King, about who killed the Colorado Kid. When the show first came on I headed real quick for the library to see if I could get the book, and amazingly enough our little local library had it. The thing that has me curious is that it is a really short book, just a thin thing, so unlike the usual thick volumes that Steven King normally writes. There is no way a TV series could suck very many episodes out of that one little book. But all the shows have been really just like normal freaky/weird Steven King writings. What I am wondering about is if King is actually helping with the TV show too? It sure seems like he might be, the episodes are definatly the type of strange things King would come up with.

Are you referring to Stephen King? I haven't watch the series. I'm just wondering why King loves to write about weird thing and weird people. Do you have any idea?

I really like the new TV show, Haven. It is based on a book by Steven King, about who killed the Colorado Kid. When the show first came on I headed real quick for the library to see if I could get the book, and amazingly enough our little local library had it. The thing that has me curious is that it is a really short book, just a thin thing, so unlike the usual thick volumes that Steven King normally writes. There is no way a TV series could suck very many episodes out of that one little book. But all the shows have been really just like normal freaky/weird Steven King writings. What I am wondering about is if King is actually helping with the TV show too? It sure seems like he might be, the episodes are definatly the type of strange things King would come up with.

Are you referring to Stephen King? I haven't watch the series. I'm just wondering why King loves to write about weird thing and weird people. Do you have any idea?

Yes, Stephen King. King of weirdness for sure. I do love his books though. But I'm like you, I have really wondered why/how he writes such strange stuff. I think if ever there was a celebrity I could meet if given a chance, it would be him. Like to know what a person was like in real life with a mind so strange to do the kind of writing he does.