xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Eternity Hunter

Help With Linux Slax Installing

Maybe you can try mendrake cause it have easy to use interface and good support.anyway about your problemboot with the cdrom using your bios option and maybe you can make bootable floopy for linux.details of which are distributed with every linux distro.

I'd recommand you MandrakeLinux 10. I have it installed on my system and it works great. It also has some interesting stuff for a beginner like you. For example it a program that help you eject the cd-rom from the drive without unmounting it. Of course this is a small thing but the diferences between linux distributions is made by stuff like this.Oh...if you only want to see how linux works you could trie a live cd distribution. This is basicly a linux distribution that you don't have to install since you run it from cd. If you are interested search for Knoppix. You know there is a version of linux that run from a floppy disk. If you really want a small linux distribution you could tried Damn Small Linux.Anyway Linux is much better then Windows, but it's only problem is the user-friendly stuff like the installation wizards (almoust non-existant in linux).