xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rohandev

Develop Series 40 Web Apps And Win

There is this very interesting contest, Create for Millions, that I came across.Developers can create apps for Nokia S40 phones in different categories like information, education, entertainment and social networking.For more info go through http://developer.nokia.com/ is a very good opportunity for Developers as Nokia's Series 40 phones have experienced more than 35 per cent growth in download volumes in the past two months.Working on S40 is fun.. :) I m so excited.

There is this very interesting contest, Create for Millions, that I came across.Developers can create apps for Nokia S40 phones in different categories like information, education, entertainment and social networking.
For more info go through http://developer.nokia.com/
This is a very good opportunity for Developers as Nokia's Series 40 phones have experienced more than 35 per cent growth in download volumes in the past two months.
Working on S40 is fun.. :) I m so excited.

This Finnish company has the largest market share of mobile phones in the world. However it does not make it the best phone makers at this time. At the same time it has multiple operating systems under its belt as Series 40 and Series 60, and to add to worries various versions under each. They have virtually made one system for each phone they have launched as the versions keep changing and some apps become incompatible with the next mobile. However said that it has the largest variety of phones and most of them are dern cheap. All this time my favourate was the S60v3 version of operating system which supports most advanced featuers and capabilities. And now with the low cost phone segment using Series 40 OS, the platform is changing. The number of apps available are on the rise for the S40 phones as it has the mass sale potential and as the Nokia brand goes in the hands of the maids and sweepers who cleans our basin/rags, the choice of apps is also getting a boost with the S40 phones.
The newly anticipated C2-03 from Nokia is a great promise from the Finnish company with lots of S40 apps along with Nokia Browser and Maps. It also promises 2 sim cards at the same time, and a horde of apps it will support with J2EE. Its no p[oint wondering what apps it will support but at the price tag it carries, even my maid can afford it with half her weekly salary. Thats ammazing, to have a slide phone with dual sim and S40 platform with millions of apps to download from Ovi store and most are free.
The other OS S60 supports some stunning features which make some smartphone as close to my laptop, except for the size. I wonder that in no time there will be more apps in S40 than we can imagine how to use them.