xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mrdee

Looking For Waving Flag Script Flash or Java experts, please help.

I am looking for a script with which I can turn a still picture into a waving flag.I have Googled all over the place, without any luck.I had something in mind like a Flash script or a Javascript, although many people turn off Java in their browssrs, so not everyone might see it if it is a Java applet.I do have SwishMax4, which contains a 3D Wave effect, but I am unable to set the parameters right to achieve the desired effect.I also have Photoshop CS2 and have tried some tutorials, but none were to my satisfaction.Or does anyone know of a free plug-in for Photoshop that can achieve the effect I am after?Any of the above will do, as long as I can take an image of my choice, set some parameters and watch my flag wave away happily.Are there any kind people out there who can assist me in finding a solution for my problem?I would be very much obliged.Thank you in advance.

Edited by mrdee (see edit history)

I am looking for a script with which I can turn a still picture into a waving flag.
I have Googled all over the place, without any luck.
I had something in mind like a Flash script or a Javascript, although many people turn off Java in their browssrs, so not everyone might see it if it is a Java applet.

I do have SwishMax4, which contains a 3D Wave effect, but I am unable to set the parameters right to achieve the desired effect.
I also have Photoshop CS2 and have tried some tutorials, but none were to my satisfaction.
Or does anyone know of a free plug-in for Photoshop that can achieve the effect I am after?

Any of the above will do, as long as I can take an image of my choice, set some parameters and watch my flag wave away happily.

Are there any kind people out there who can assist me in finding a solution for my problem?

I would be very much obliged.

Thank you in advance.

Obviously, if there are people who can recommend a program that will do what I want to achieve, that will be fine too.

It does not have to be anything too fancy, as the waving flag effect is the only thing I need really, so, even if it is a freeware program that can do it without putting any watermarks on the end result that would do me fine.

Just something small and simple would be good enough for me.
So, any suggestions, please let me know.

Thank you in advance.
Edited by mrdee (see edit history)

well i didn't want to respond at first because i don't know exactly what you are looking for. you said some programs aren't giving the effect you want. is there an example you can show us? i am not really an expert in this area but since nobody else is respnding my unknown knowledge is better than nothing i guess.

if your looking for high quality, then any good high end video software will be perfect and will do the job faster.

other than that, you can't create animation with one photo. you have to make several photos and put them all together. you can do this in photoshop or any other high end graphics program. if you aren't getting the effect you want, then it means you just aren't using the software correctly. there is a lot to photoshop and can take a while to master. especially when you are trying to create pictures for animation with the right effect and even possibly creating multiple layers for the effects like shadows.

with a quick search, you might want to check out these sites to download

one
two
three
four

also, there are some good tutorials on youtube to create a waving flag effect in photoshop or premiere and other softwares like effects, etc....

Edited by anwiii (see edit history)

Thank yu, anwiii,I have gone through all the links you sent me already, but none were any good to me.Either you had to have Adobe Flash to use it, one led to a broken link in the end, and one was by Brothersoft, which sends you round in circles and ends up leaving you with rubbish if you do not install their spyware toolbar.As I said, I do have Adobe Photoshop, but you know how user-unfriendly Adobe programs are and how obscure their help files all, and as for support, well, it is practically non-existent. (For programs that are so expensive).That is why I barely scratch the surface with Photoshop, I know how much can be done with it, but being able to do it is quite another matter.I also have Swish Max4, a program to make Flash animations, and although a lot easier to use than Adobe Flash, and much more helpful to the user, it does have its own difficulties.There is a 3D wave effect in there, which you can apply to a single image, but getting the parameters of the effect right to achieve the correct kind of waving is a nightmare.It also seems like Java is getting more and more obsolete (and, like I said, many people turn Java off in their browser anyway, for security reasons),but there are tons of place that used to have great java applets some years ago, but which now seem to have disappeared off the face of the earth.Anyway, I'll go on looking, I might just get lucky.Thanks for your reply anyway.