xisto Community
spawn_syxx9

Who Are Your Personal Heros? well who are they?

This topic was created in my head about 8 hours from this post no matter what time slot you are in. I was sitting after I got off work and my gf was checking out her message board when I came across a Malcolm X official site. I have read the Autobiography of Malcolm X as told to Alex Haley about 12 times since I was 11 years old. He has been my personal hero ever since I can remember wanting to do and be someone like Malcolm X. Strong, smart, street smart, cunning, deliberately delicate with words. While at the same time I admired that he didn't go to school past elementary, never ever reasoned that he was a "good" man, did horrible things and yet realized that they needed to be done no matter what others would have said to him, and finally never faultered save for once that what he was doing was the right thing. Even if Malcolm X wasn't well known but only remembered by few, I believe that a person like him would have always been a person I would admire. So who do you look up to? It can be your dad, your neighbor, anyone.

"Alexander the great"After watching the movie, I really think he was a great conqueror. Despite all the hardships he faced from his very own father, he continued to respect him and follow his tracks to conquer almost all of the world. He really was a great leader even though let down by many.

At the risk of sounding weird, my personal hero is my mam for the simple fact that without mher I wouldn't be here also she does give great advice and all and is imo a brilliant mam, but I'm not such a great fan of mothers day lol. btw I know it may be cliched but I really truely honestly mean this from my heart, so anyway thats all from me.

i really don't have any heroes, because all the heroes don't acomplish what i wish would be done *sigh*

53984[/snapback]

So you've basically set a primary key or something to measure your ideal type. That is one good way to know who your ideal type or hero really is, for one basic reason that every person actually wants his hero to have some common features of what you might have or want to have! ;)

No reason to sigh because you might not know when you actually get to know your hero!

Mine is not a hero, but heroine. Her name is Nan and she taught me English. She has been teaching English to thousands of students. (by normal live classes and VDO/DVD classes). What is great about this girl is that she got her degree in languages when she was 19. And it's a first class honour ;) Then she and her friends set up this tutorial school, when she came up with a unique method of teaching. They compose songs to teach people. For example, in the song called 'small' , they put all the synonyms in there eg. small, petite, minute, miniature, tiny etc. They have grammar songs too.So those songs really help us memorise (although of course it might not be as good as learning in foreign countries, fo those who haven't got a chance to study English abroad, it's a really good idea)Anyway, she is sooo tiny but she is brave and fantastic. We just don't know where she gets all the energy from. She is just very powerful and superbly actibe in class. :P So I have become who I am because of her. :D

My personal heroes are Anthony Burgess and Kurt Vonnegut. Kurt... You should be able to guess why he'd be a hero of mine. Anthony Buregess because he was a great writer in a very similar style to Vonnegut, but never got any real credit for his work. Most people have heard of the movie A Clockwork Orange, but have no idea it was based on Burgess' book! It's sad really.

don't worry, dontmaim, you're not alone - I don't know how mom managed to solve all the problems three children create but she somehow did it and that's what I thank her for - and even though she predicted that I'd be the first of us to get into trouble with the cops, it was my sister whom she had to fetch from the police station; I haven't been there without being able to leave whenever I wanted to yet :o

My hero is Terry Fox. He was a Canadian man who developed bone cancer as a young man. But instead of giving up on his future like most people do, he decided to do something to help not just himself but all canser victims. He began running, and running(5373 KM to be exact) and raised millions of dollars for cancer research helping thousands of people. He had to have real heart to do that. You can learn more about him Here.

Yeah you definitely have to have heart in order to survive those kinds of diseases. Very nice choice.

Hi, My personal heros have to be every single soldier that made that dash up OMAHA beach. I can't believe the sacrafise they made. On top of that, I think that every soldier is a hero. Thanks, Sean Webber (alive).