xisto Community
anwiii

Someone Click "reset Password" By Entering My Mail Address

again they are doing strange things to my account. i just recently recieved an email...

This is to confirm that we have received a Forgot Password request for your Account *******@********.com from the IP Address 120.61.38.24 . We have created a temporary password listed below which will work for the next 3 days. You can use this to login to your interface.

now pardon me, but i never reuested any password reset. the ip is from a certain section in india so i am assuming someone tried to reset my account. it's just the lack of stupidity on their part when they mess with my hosting without telling me and now messing with my password to login for support.

if this is a bug, then you guys really need to fix it. i tried logging in and my password still works. go figure. in any case, i don't like people messing with my accounts without my knowledge. that is VERY SHADY BUSINESS. this message came right after i entered a support ticket

which is another thing. my dns records aren't even propogating. they should have propagated my now. no doubt it's from xisto's side of things as usual that they are making it very difficult to change dns records. so first my websites, and then my domains, and now fish activity regaurding my account coming from india. what's next xisto?

anwii my friend I am sorry for all the problems you are having with xisto. I don?t hate Xisto for nothing. I am not happy with the forum only. I love Xisto because they have gave me a good hosting plan and three domains. Well maybe is not Xisto?s fault. I have to make you some question about this new problem that you are having: Do you have a good antivirus program installed in your computer? Do you have a firewall? Do you use the same account name and password in different sites? Maybe the problem that you are having is a hack. Somebody could hack your account from a trojan or a gusan if you don?t have an antivirus or a firewall installed in your computer. This can be the origin of the problem. I lost my facebook account because some guy steal me my password and use it in my mail because I have the bad practice of using the same name and passwords in differents sites. I am not sad because of that I don?t need facebook it is a little bored to me. I don?t know if it?s a good idea to let the fault in Xisto and attack them in almost all your post. I know that is not legal they ban you but they can so maybe you have to be more careful with that.Take care of you and please answer the questions maybe I can help you.

what does a virus have to do with someone from india trying to reset my password?the reason why you and a few other people don't see what is going on is because you run simple blogs or simple websites that you don't monitor daily and don't use all that much. it's really quite simple if you think about it fermine.this is only one of many screwups from xisto. when you add them all together, it's not just a coincidence. it has to do directly with the people running the company, the employees, and very possibly the culture because when i was researching for outsources, everyone said to stay away from india. this has to have been a more general opinion because i know a lot of great talent has come from india. but i woulod have to agree from what i have seen from Xisto - Support that they ARE pretty lazy over there. they don't answer support tickets right away and god forbid if it's a weekend like it is right now. a person is screwed and wont get support even if it's the companies fault. you gotta wait til monday at the earliest.i have noticed that xisto's new office didn't really help matters much. maybe it's becuase they are too busy working on other things to grow the company rather than give better support to their customers. at least this would explain the lack of support. but good luck growing a company when the support sucksi used to be a huge support of xisto when i was a huge supporter of this forum. i was only running one website on the cheapest hosting plan. as soon as i upgraded my plan and added more sites, i started realizing the dangers of hosting with xisto. it really is dangerous if you care about your websites and want to have a chance to make some money online. xisto is FAR from reliable for many reasons. i am not posting lies. i am posting facts that can be backed up with past events and support ticketsxisto also lies directly to their customers. i have been lied to MORE than once directly from support staff. either they think their customers are stupid and don't know any better where they can make lies and excuses, or THEY are the dummies who don't know any better. either way, i absultely HATE liars and people who decieve others. it's one of my biggest pet peeves now.

Well maybe you are rigth with your comment. First of all the hosting is almost free in this forum and you have to remember the phrase "almost free" because there is a fee which is posting here some post to make Mycents and pay your hosting. What I am trying to say you is having staff in the weekend in a company which offer free web hosting maybe it is not logical. In all the countries there are laws against the work excess and I imagine India it isn?t the exception. I remember in my older days in this forum the support was great Super I have to say. I remember to some guy named Nikhil Pathil who answered my support tickets sometimes in minutes. If I had a doubt about a service he was always there fixing some problem in minutes and in the extreme case in two hours. I almost made a personal relationship with him because I didn?t know a lot about Cpanel and Mysql and all that. But since I quit from here I lost the contact with him and now I think he is not working in Xisto anymore. Now in the weekends there isn?t any answer to your support tickets but I recommend you to send the tickets already because like India have some hours advantage than Occident the answer will be received by you in the Sunday?s afternoon. So you maybe will have time in the afternoon to make some correction to your site. Well I know Xisto isn?t the best hosting site in the world but what we can do is to ask the admin who have to be in the company to improve the support system because nowadays leave a lot to desire.Good luck anwii and keep posting my friends I like all your comments.

again they are doing strange things to my account. i just recently recieved an email...

now pardon me, but i never reuested any password reset. the ip is from a certain section in india so i am assuming someone tried to reset my account. it's just the lack of stupidity on their part when they mess with my hosting without telling me and now messing with my password to login for support.

if this is a bug, then you guys really need to fix it. i tried logging in and my password still works. go figure. in any case, i don't like people messing with my accounts without my knowledge. that is VERY SHADY BUSINESS. this message came right after i entered a support ticket

which is another thing. my dns records aren't even propogating. they should have propagated my now. no doubt it's from xisto's side of things as usual that they are making it very difficult to change dns records. so first my websites, and then my domains, and now fish activity regaurding my account coming from india. what's next xisto?

The password sent to you was because you wanted to change your Nameservers... Xisto - Domains is the only place you should change your nameservers. You should not do it through WHMCS. And they have mentioned in the ticket that your DNS records should be updated by your current host since your hosting does not even point to Xisto servers any more.. I think you need to give the team a break since you cannot blame everything on them all the time...

I would recommend you submit a formal cancellation request at least so that they can close your account there(the hosting not your credits). Besides you did not mention the problematic domain in your ticket id, adding the domain name in the body of your ticket helps :) If your main domain is still active on the server and you haven't changed the nameservers in Xisto - Domains, the DNS will obviously fail to update.

Peace.

velma, i DID start the support through Xisto - Domains and it transfered me somewhere else. i don't know why my password to Xisto - Domains would have to be changed if i want to register new name servers. that doesn't make sense at all. it's just for a domain i last purchased.

my main account isn't hosted on xisto anymore and for good reason, but i may still need access to the cpanel. i don't want to act too soon to cancel before i know i wont need certain access to my databases anymore. i've been really busy with other things to take care of everything all in one shot. i don't know why that would be a concern to anyone though or how this is even relevent to my current support ticket or why xisto has notified my that my password needs to be changed on my xidomain account.

my current host has nothing to do with dns so i am not quite sure what you are getting at. all my domains i own right now is through Xisto - Domains and i have tried to change them and it looks like they have been changed, but they aren't propogating. a simple mx records check through private websites who offer those services confirms this fact. they aren't propogating after being changed.

velma, part of opening a ticket is choosing the domain the ticket is referring to with the drop down menu. i DID mention it and i filled out all forms correctly. don't start assuming things here because that is just gonna piss me off. the only confusion was i mentioned two issues in one ticket. even if i just mentioned 1 issue, it seems to still be confusing them over there.

now i read the response. FIRST, mx records and cname records are DNS records and normally, those are changed through your domain control panel. am i mistaken on this then? because that's how it normally works. i already know how to change the name servers as i have done that already for half my domains now and THAT has been propogating.

the issue that wasn't addressed was how to REGISTER new name servers for a domain. for instance, when we purchase domains through xisto, we are automatically given the ns.comutinghost.com name servers. i don't want those or the name servers my hosting account is giving me. i want ns1.newdomain.com and ns2.newdomain.com etc.... i can't change name servers that aren't registered first. i need that info FIRST before i can change them for my hosting.

that issue wasn't as important as my main issue of my dns records propogating. i want to know why they aren't propogating. it seems to be on xisto's side of things as usual. why is it that it's allowing me to change records but nothing is propogating? what's the point of having a control panel to change records if it doesn't even work? i don't get it.

now go test a support ticket. you will find out quick enough that it allows you to pick your domain name through a drop down menu velma(under related service). i am not incompetint here, xisto is. i have also explained things well where there shouldn't be any confusion. if there IS, then people need to let me know rather than give me some b.s. answer that doesn't even make sense to my question and problem. do we at least agree on that statement?

The password sent to you was because you wanted to change your Nameservers... Xisto - Domains is the only place you should change your nameservers. You should not do it through WHMCS. And they have mentioned in the ticket that your DNS records should be updated by your current host since your hosting does not even point to Xisto servers any more.. I think you need to give the team a break since you cannot blame everything on them all the time...
I would recommend you submit a formal cancellation request at least so that they can close your account there(the hosting not your credits). Besides you did not mention the problematic domain in your ticket id, adding the domain name in the body of your ticket helps :) If your main domain is still active on the server and you haven't changed the nameservers in Xisto - Domains, the DNS will obviously fail to update.

Peace.

All I am going to say is that I made calls and they say they've replied. If you want, I can paste the reply here. Or have the admin reply here regarding your issue. I am going to close this topic since the issue obviously cannot be fixed by members, if you feel it isn't being solved by the admins pm me.