xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AeternusLibertas

Hello Universe

Hey, How is everyone doing!?

I stumbled on this site thru stumble upon...it looked like a great place so i registered...
non the less, It has been a while since i joined an internet forum, im 22 and for the last couple of years i have been focused on school and my social life, but i like to call myself a nerd!
anyways, heres something that i feel i should share with you guys and gals, Im two semesters shy of graduating from college with a degree in computer engineering, Im dropping out to start my own bussiness,
i feel like i have learned alot and the time is right for me to go full throttle on my dreams.

my ultimate goal is to be burden my self from the SYSTEM by launching a successful business to alot me the time to do, what has been a life long dream of mine... to just learn everyday, and think and tinker and create.

Im sure the rest of you want to be as free as i hope to one day be.

Anyways, i feel like i have a great wealth of knowledge and Love sharing what my travels in life have bestowed upon me and look foward to sharing it !

Edited by moderator (see edit history)

Hi Aeternus!Good to have you on-board with us here at Xisto. Xisto is a band of people from different backgrounds and from different parts of the world, all here with one intent - to share their knowledge and seek to liberate fallen souls (okay, okay, so we're all here to write as much as we can, earn MyCENTs, and get the free web hosting, but that makes us sound like we're just plain evil).Dropping out of college to start a business sounds like the classic tale of Bill Gates, Michael Dell, and the whole lot of other folk out there who made it big in the corporate world of technology. While it sounds like a cool thing to do, if you are really close to the end, you might as well go the whole stretch. You have just two semesters to go so even if you do not manage to get yourself an A grade and a cum laude, you could try to get in the assignments on time and pass the exams with whatever grade letter because the grades don't really matter in a couple of years. If you do have attendance and participation requirements at university, that could be tough to meet while you're running your own business, but if you do have the option to schedule classes at night, you could still make it without breaking into a sweat.By the way, what's your business idea? Do you already have clients or would you have to go look for some chaps to trade with... When I give it a thought, I think about providing two guys in suits and shades with a flash drive in one big black briefcase and they hand me a briefcase full on money, the exchange is made in a public place and then they speed away in a Roll Royce Silver Ghost. Sounds all too familiar and if it were to really happen me, I'd open up the briefcase to check if there's something ticking within... you know, the ka-boom types.

Hello AeternusLibertas Posted Image and welcome to Xisto from Mich in Michigan, USA.

Most everything you will need to know about how things work around here is located HERE.

Dropping out of college to start a business sounds like a high stakes gamble to me. It is a cruel world out there, especially in the computer business. I wish you much luck in your endeavor. Looking forward to reading lots of your posts. ;)

Welcome to Xisto!You are certainly brave (or crazy) to drop out of college so close to the end to start your own business. I wish you the best of luck, hope it works out for you!