xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
giftshaven

Need Help With My Pc!

To All,

Recently my PC keep giving me this problem, but before that just let me share some of my PC details (this is what I know.

My PC Details

Acer desktop PC with 1.00 GB of Ram.

Under System/Hardware/Device Manager/

Computer - ACPI Multiprocessor PC

Display Adapters - NVIDIA Geforce 6200

Processors - Intel® Pentium®4 CPU 3.06 GHz

Monitors - Plug and play (I'm using a LG 37" TV as my monitor is spoil)

and are using Microsoft Window XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 3.

My Problem

Every time I start my PC, it will run as normal but went it come to the page with the window XP logo it will just go blank and nothing happen.

In order to use, I will have to force power off it for many time then manage to start again. I really don't know what is wrong with this.

Last few time went I use my PC, there is this error message pop-up saying something like hardware license not recognize or what and I need to choose either continue anyway or stop install.

Therefore, I will appreciate if anyone here could kindly guide me with what is my PC problem or how can I find out the problem with step by step solution to this problem, Thanks.

Re-install your windows.. I think your registry is corrupt. There are ways to repair your registry, But I don't know any.I hope someone more experienced can guide you in this respect, but so far my solution is 100% and will fix it if its not a hardware issue.

bluedragon is right. It is a windows issue. But u dont have to reinstall immediately. It is probably a corrupt file issue rather than a registry issue though. I'd guess that the registry issues start causing problem after windows loads and this seems to be when windows starts to load. Try to repair windows first. I think you might get this if you boot from Windows boot cd. Otherwise re-install windows and you are all done.

bluedragon is right. It is a windows issue. But u dont have to reinstall immediately. It is probably a corrupt file issue rather than a registry issue though. I'd guess that the registry issues start causing problem after windows loads and this seems to be when windows starts to load. Try to repair windows first. I think you might get this if you boot from Windows boot cd. Otherwise re-install windows and you are all done.

This. One issue, however is that you will need the Windows disc. If you don't have one, you'll need to obtain one from somewhere. Usually the back of the PC should have a key for the operating system it came with, so you can borrow a disc from someone else and use your key (at least that's my understanding).

If you can hook the hard drive up to another PC prior, I'd do that first to take off any important files just in case you corrupt something during the "fix." You never know what will happen.