xisto Community
anwiii

Problems Loading My Website For Some Reason...

can someone please advise? please visit one of my older sites i hardly do anything with anymore. when i visit it, it tries to open a file rather than load the webpage itself. funny thing is, it's having problems in firefox, but not in ie(i RARELY use ie). i tried to test it in ie when it was having problems loading in firefox. see if you can spot the problem and advise for any possible solutions. online cheapo

i haven't touched this site in ages and it is just automatically doing this without any edits to it. i thought at first it had to do with my .htaccess file, but i removed the contents from it and still having the same problems. i am too busy with other things to be fiddling around with it.

weird problem, i tried to open your site in firefox, opera & google chrome but it didn't open in any of them. i got that open with/save file instead. i really wonder how that happened??? and the more weird it didn't open in internet explorer too!!!i spent the past half an hour searching the internet for a solution but i got nothing :( all i got is downloadina is a website used to upload files "downloadina is what appears on the save as pop up box. anything else nothing unfortunately.i suggest you to delete all files from you cpanal and upload them again. i hope you have another backup for your site to do so. because i really think that either your site is been hacked or a wrong or corrupted script or application is running there. so try to upload everything again and i will try to search more, good luck.

I have faced this problem some years ago , i have downloaded the file and i found that you have used php in some lines of it, so my first suggestion is to download the file (which it gives you as a page) then open it with a text viewer and delete php lines from it (delete javascripts too for being sure) then upload it as index.html to a temporary directory (create one) and see if you can load the page without seeing download popup. if it worked then add the javascript lines to see it still works , if it worked then add php lines and test it, if everything worked then your problem is probably not related to server. but if you add php lines and you saw the download popup it means that PHP is not currently running on the server correctly, for being sure you can use many scripts existing to test php functionality on the server. i have faced this problem some years ago and it was related to php functionality of the server, when i said to support section of my server provider about the problem , they restarted the server and installed newer version of php (this took me around 2 week because they had other customers on that server without facing such a problem like mine) and after that i tested my old website and everything were working again.I can asure you that your problem is not from browsers because i have tested your page trough page analysers and the result was failed so the problem is related to website itself. and i don't think the problem is from files because the content of the downloaded file is completely correct when i open it with easyphp and i see the title ('Welcome to Online Cheapo! Your online resource for Cheapo products and Cheapo services online!') so when browser tries to download it, it seems to be a serverside problem. you can also test you website with uploading a simple CMS (like wordpress) on a temp directory and then install it to see if it is working correctly , if it worked then it is probably your files that are making the page to be downloaded instead of being shown but if the cms didn't work too then problem is from your server without any doubt. as the copyright of page is 2009 then i van guess you haven't seen this page for 2-3 years so maybe the server you are hosting your files on is not working as well as 3 years ago anymore or they have deleted some of your files and corrupted others :D duo to some hard disk failure or such things.

Or Or or Or Or Or.. The best most reliable method is to send a support ticket with your Cpanel username & password. The admins should be able to correct it quickly, must be something connected to your permissions since your account was recently moved from one of the old servers onto the latest one SIVA :)Trust me, they will have it sorted really quickly and you won't have to delete any files whatsoever.UPDATE: Interesting, I did not see Iniyila's post when I posted mine, odd. But yes a support admin feels that the problem lies in your index.html page and no where else. the admin was able to view your html & php files so you need to check the code in your index.html page.

i was thinking of writing a support ticket, but i wanted to make sure even my backup file does the same thing. i know it's not something i did with the code because i haven't touched the code in ages. i guess i will get of my lazy butt and upload my index file and related files that i know were working at the time. ***update*** something happened where my site loads now. some of the links don't work, but that may be because i changed permissions a couple days ago thinking it may be my permissions and possibly a hacker. let's update this is real time..... ***update*** ok i changed permissions and i can access the blog part of my site. there still seems to be a problem with the php script on the main page though. this could be an issue when they moved my site according to velma. i don't know. let me check what server i am on..... ***update*** yup! indeed my hosting was moved to a new server. i tried to check the server info at https://support.xisto.com/serverstatus.php but it isn't listed. i will have to look more in to this later and also write a support ticket to ask them why my hosting was moved.

thanks for the responses guys! i will update you on any new changes. did xisto do something to where my site loads now? this is very strange....

Or Or or Or Or Or.. The best most reliable method is to send a support ticket with your Cpanel username & password. The admins should be able to correct it quickly, must be something connected to your permissions since your account was recently moved from one of the old servers onto the latest one SIVA :)
Trust me, they will have it sorted really quickly and you won't have to delete any files whatsoever.

UPDATE: Interesting, I did not see Iniyila's post when I posted mine, odd. But yes a support admin feels that the problem lies in your index.html page and no where else. the admin was able to view your html & php files so you need to check the code in your index.html page.

Hmmm... I was just about to post about how going to your onlinecheapo blog returned a 403 (forbidden) in apache but I see you fixed that.
I used to have this problem once, I think I solved it by re-uploading my files back to the server after clearing everything up. Not much of a fix, but meh...
I still think it's your .htaccess, though. Because the wordpress blog has its own htaccess file, which is apparently working. The main site of yours isn't. Try to access the control panel of whatever system it is you're using, if you are using one. Look for an automatically generated htaccess file (in your cpanel) that should be in your root directory and create a new .htaccess by copying the contents of that.

Also, check your index.php file (in root directory) for php code that forces a download. Link to such code: https://davidwalsh.name/php-force-download
That might or not be what you're looking for. Anyway, check if any such header qualities are being passed. I'm not into this aspect of PHP so you may need someone else to explain to you what the code actually means.

From what I understood, check for this kind of code as well:

header("Content-type: application/force-download"); header('Content-Type: application/octet-stream');

Look for that not in the theme file index.php, but the one that is in your root directory (the one that requests for the theme index.php to be loaded).
Tho I still don't believe it's in your PHP code, tho.

Oh, and you have a slight error in your webpage: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fonlinecheapo.com&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0&ss=1
Edited by Baniboy (see edit history)

bani- you are absolutely correct. originally i thought it was my .htaccess file but disregarded it beause i had removed all info from it and still did the same thing. silly me, i didn't do a hard refresh. only a soft refresh. before reading your post, i was wondering why my php scripts weren't working on my main page. it turns out that the server isn't recognizing what's contained in the .htaccess file the specific line of code is....

AddType application/x-httpd-php .htm .html

this one line use to allow php scripts to be embedded in html websites. it seems after the server change which i wasn't notified of, everything went to *BLEEP*. i am going to have to curse xisto for yet another blunder here. they are really pissing me off with things lately....ESPECIALLY when beta server was always down and their server status wouldn't recognize it being down. i think i am just going to plan on moving everything to hostgator except my domains and use my remaining credits for domains only. i can't have this incompetence when i am about to buy about 100 or so domains in bulk soon.

***edited to delete a couple comments about a previous post that was deleted***
Edited by anwiii (see edit history)

i think i am just going to plan on moving everything to hostgator except my domains and use my remaining credits for domains only. i can't have this incompetence when i am about to buy about 100 or so domains in bulk soon.

Haha tell me about it. One of my ticket has been ignored for 1 week and one for 4 days. My domain is going to expire soon and the auto renew isn't working. This is just great. Xisto - Honesty rocks! Truth rules! Oh and we will let your domain expire by not responding to you.

And anwiii, why don't you just make them all .php files instead of using that technique which is for age old html websites where the owner didn't want to change all the page extensions to .php?

And anwiii, why don't you just make them all .php files instead of using that technique which is for age old html websites where the owner didn't want to change all the page extensions to .php?

yea, that will be my last resort. for now though, i have to give xisto some crap. i can't wait for their response. they need to fix it. not me....and they also have to warn users when they are changing their customers servers so problems like this can be quickly addressed. a monkey can do the job better. i am sure glad i chose the philippines to outsource to.....

hey from where all you guys came from?? i just posted yesterday and no one responds to this post. but i should say that i am happy to see you around :).now i am sure it is all because of moving the server. because i know anwiii's site was working properly a few months ago, i checked that since i have a back link to his site in my blog :D. so all that should be happened because a new update to the site either from anwiii and he said he didn't or from another side like hosting. any way, i am glade you have an idea now about what is happening with your site, so submit a ticket and wait. and don't forget to let us know the result, good luck.

i meant to thank you for responding, wd. i think it was you who bumped this thread when the spam was buring it. i know you had no clue like me what the problem was, but you did manage to help revive the topic. now i have a fairly good idea what is going on. :) i created a support ticket early in the afternoon yesterday so i am way ahead of ya :) it's the weekend now. i doubt i will be recieving any support for a few days. another reason why i will be moving ALL my hosting in two weeks. at the very least, downgrade my account and let host gator have my business. xisto could have had it. i tested them right after i upgraded my account and failed miserable. pretty much the same way the forum is being run right now. i haven't given up all hope though....although hope has always been my downfall in life.

i meant to thank you for responding, wd. i think it was you who bumped this thread when the spam was buring it. i know you had no clue like me what the problem was, but you did manage to help revive the topic. now i have a fairly good idea what is going on. :) i created a support ticket early in the afternoon yesterday so i am way ahead of ya :) it's the weekend now. i doubt i will be recieving any support for a few days. another reason why i will be moving ALL my hosting in two weeks. at the very least, downgrade my account and let host gator have my business. xisto could have had it. i tested them right after i upgraded my account and failed miserable. pretty much the same way the forum is being run right now. i haven't given up all hope though....although hope has always been my downfall in life.

no, no need to thank me, i really hoped i could help in any way. i tried searching google for the problem but didn't get much information about it, also i downloaded the file and checked the script in a harry but didn't see anything weird. and about the php code that Iniyila mentioned, i found it normal since i know you use wordpress cms. in fact i trying to find any weird script or attached file that may hacked your site. but didn't find any, so i gave up and went to sleep :D deciding to give it a shoot later, but when i came back i found everything is ok and the problem is almost fixed :).

you know what? first i excluded that the error from the server side, because i checked my site and it was working properly. i didn't know that xisto moved some to other server, now seriously they should send an email or inform people about that, why did they do that any way?? i will check mine too to see what is going on. and second i thought that maybe someone hacked your site since you are pissing people off all the time :D:P i mean the new users/ spammers "you still shoot them once they put their head inside the forum door :)" so i thought that may one of them decided to take revenge from you :).tanks god i was wrong and everything gonna be fine soon.

and the good part is, although all your

ok. while the little kiddies at xisto are napping and not doing anything productive, i decided to to a little trouble shooting.

the biggest problem is from the server right now. it is not recognizing ANY of my websites and giving this error...

ForbiddenYou don't have permission to access / on this server.
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

i think this either has to do with permissions or something is turned off when it should be turned on. i checked to see if my files were transfered correctly to the new server and it seems they where. i created a recent backup but i doubt this is the problem and will wait until the people at xisto google the fix for this because i am sure they are too stupid to figure it out on their own.

additionally, there is a problem recognizing the php code that is embedded in my html document. as a last resort, i changed my html page to php and it all loaded correctly except for the embedded php code. onlinecheapo is my MAIN domain attatched to my hosting account(not an addon). so i DID manage to load it with the exception with the php code, but all my addon domains wont load at all and give the above error. this is no doubt a server related issue

the strange part is that i am able to load onlinecheapo in internet explorer(but NOT firefox which tells me THAT problem might be related on my end. but how can it be related on my end when it was working perfectly before and i haven't touched one bit of code?!? firefox wants to try and download my source code and thinks my index file is downloadable. i did download it and it gives the filename "i223whT0.part". internet exporer doesn't do this. it just loads the site without the php code.

i wrote a support ticket the other day and they told me everything was fine on their end. my rankings have now dropped and my google adsense is showing server ads.

i recently upgraded my hosting account a few months ago because i knew i was planning on adding a bunch of domains to my account and needed the databases too. these *BLEEP*ers never even notified me that my site was being transferred! it seems like i was used as a guinae pig to test out a new server which isn't even added to their server status site yet at https://support.xisto.com/serverstatus.php my new server name is siva or something. i googled it and it seems as though it's named after a hindu god. if that's the case, i have lost all respect for the hindus and their gods. one thing i DID notice is that for some reason, my control panel loads faster now haha.

before, i didn't care about mycents really, i just cared that my hosting was safe. turns out it isn't. there was no excuse for not notifying me of this hosting transfer to another server. absolutely none. because nobody else is complaining, it seems like i was the only one affected....thus the guinae pig statement earlier. plus, i am not at the $2 level hosting. why move me? why use me as a guinea pig? use those other people who haven't even made a website for their hosting yet.

all i know is i am downgrading my account. i can't pay for this service. xisto just lost A LOT of business with me by doing this because i have been planning some major business decisions recently. and i wont rest until everyone knows how bad xisto is. there is no way i am going to let innocent people think they have a quality service with xisto only to get screwed by them. forget about hosting with them for any kind of business needs. they are WAY too unreliable. granted, i am on a shared hosting account, but was going to be purchasing a vps soon with them soon. scratch that now. they don't even work on the weekends!

why i have to try and trouble shoot their own mistakes is beyond me.....