xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mrdee

Sending Audio Recordings Through B4 Cubase using B4 without MIDI

I would like to know if the Native Instruments B4, in combination with Cubase 5, could be used with audio recordings rather than MIDI.What I mean is: I only have my Yamaha piano connected to my PC to use Cubase, the piano is obviously a single manual instrument.I do not have a MIDI splitter to connect a second keyboard simultaneously, and when recording organ music, I find it a lot easier playing on the two manuals simultaneously (like you do when playing a real organ)than first recording the chords and after that the right hand stuff(orvice versa).However,I have now acquired an organ with two manuals and pedal board, but without onboard MIDI, and I do not have the technical know-how to MIDIfy it myself, nor do I have the financial means at the moment to have it done.I can, of course, simply record with the microphone (analogue audio), but I would like to let the recording (WAV or MP3) to go through the B4 plug-in.I know B4 works with MIDI files, but I am not so sure audio recordings can be routed through it.Is there anyone here who could advise me further, please?I will be very grateful for any help.