xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
camerontb

Re-Enrolling Into High School After Dropping Out?

..Okay, dropping out might be the wrong word, I didn't drop out so much as i..never really got enrolled in the first place? Basicly, i'm currently 18, 19 next month and i'm looking into getting "back" into high school so i don't have to deal with the usual ged, having a hard time finding a job kind of thing that will be ahead of me if i don't. I forget exactly why i was never enrolled because..well, lets face it at that age you don't really CARE about school work or whats going on..I think it had something to do with the school my mother was told was too far away...However all the schools i found are within 4 miles of my house..or, there being no bus service or something, which i think is a crock as well..So yea, i don't know specifics and now i'm starting to ramble aren't i? Anyway, with that information. How exactly, and where exactly, would i go to enroll, and are there any age/time limits to do this? I live in oregon for any relivent regional legal information.

well your writing skills are good. if all your other basic learning skills are up to par, i would just suggest taking your GED and get on with your life. employers don't really look at a high school degree. if you tell them you have graduated, that's all they really need to hear....even if it's a small white lie.is there any other reason why you prefer to go back to high school at such a late age rather than just taking your GED? even if you plan on continuing your schooling past high school, you can do that with a GED certificate. you don't need a diploma. if you want to attend a 4 year university, then you just enroll in your local jr. college for two years and transfer.i am not sure what the age limits are. if you are 19, you might have reached them. not sure. call the administration office of the school you would be attending. they can answer all your questions. you will also need to know which school you would be required to attend depending on where you live. the administration office can help you know those answers as well.

Well, there's no real one reason why i want to do it, i just think it would be best if i did go back. As for everything else my reading/writing is more of my strong suit. I'm not 100% sure what exact fields they do test on the GED, if its everything you would normally learn in school(history, geometry, ect) or just the basics like math, scocial studies, and the like.