xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
web_designer

Google Adwords, Is It Worth To Try?

hi,

i want to know the answer for my question? is google adwords worths to try? because i never used it before, i only used google adsense as one of google services. and afew days ago i received a letter from google by mail contains a gift card of 100$ that offers me to try google adwords using the 100$ gift card before june 30.

so what do say?? i want your opinions please especially those who used it before, is it worthy to give a try or waste my time on it?? or i should ignore that offer??

and if yes, where should i use it for my blog?? or my portfolio?? i think for my portfolio but i am not sure!!

also if i didn't find it good for me, can i cancel it or not??

waiting for your replies and thanks in advance.

Adwords is Google's one of the main revenue generating instruments and a prime advertising product,offering Pay Per Click(PPC) and Cost Per Thousand(CPM) advertising. Source -Wikipedia

if you wrote this post 5 years ago, then yes, it would be worth a try. right now though adwords has a lot of competition. you also need to learn how to create and manage caompaigns. so i would say "no" to the beginniner. i mean, you would have to create keyword lists and all that.don't get me wrong, you can drive a lot of traffic using adwords, but you would have to know how to write your ads for buyers and not people who are just looking around since each click costs money.i am not really going to go in to how adwords work, but i would say beyond a shadow of a doubt that it isn't for you, faten. not right now. you would most likely just waste your money which is very easy to do with adwords. if you are curious about it, you could search for some free adwords credits that float around if you know where to look, and set up your account to stop advertising after your credit has reached it's limit. do you have a credit card? beause i don't believe adwords will let you sign up without one.

thanks for the reply anwiii, i thought of that too. i mean that i may wasting my money on something i don't really know how to use in the right way. as you said it is not for me :). thank you for your opinion and i will be waiting for more opinions in here.

if you wrote this post 5 years ago, then yes, it would be worth a try. right now though adwords has a lot of competition.

hey anwiii, i remembered your words when i received more offers from google adsense. till now i received two by mail and two by email!! it looks like things as you said, google now has many competitors and try to stand strong again. if not then why he is offering many like this?? it doesn't make sense right??

The success of Adsense really depends on how well it's implemented though. You get almost nothing if people aren't clicking, and most people ignore ads, so they have to be implemented with your site well enough to gain their attention and warrant clicks. This is an issue I've been having lately, :(

I would say try to maximize the gift card as much as you can. Google adwords can be very good if you have tested your marketing funnel. If your site can convert profitably then I would go from a PPC model to a CPM model where your profits will get even better. Adwords is not the place to start testing your funnel for optimization as clicks can now be very expensive depending on the market you are in.