xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
leiaah

Changing The Color Of Scrollbars to those who still dont know how

Place this code after the first body tag <body> or after the title tag <title><style><!--body{scrollbar-face-color: #9CCF00;scrollbar-shadow-color: #687888;scrollbar-highlight-color: #FFFFFF;scrollbar-3dlight-color: #687888;scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #DCE0E2;scrollbar-track-color: #BCBFC0;scrollbar-arrow-color: #000000; }--></style>this will have a green color. You may change the hex values to match the colors of your web pages. this works with Internet Explorer but not on Mozilla. I haven't tried it with netscape, though. ;)

<style><!--body{scrollbar-face-color: #9CCF00;scrollbar-shadow-color: #687888;scrollbar-highlight-color: #FFFFFF;scrollbar-3dlight-color: #687888;scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #DCE0E2;scrollbar-track-color: #BCBFC0;scrollbar-arrow-color: #000000; }--></style>Why do you need to have the <-- and --> in the tag; when I change the scroll bar colours I don't need to to input that.

You shouldn't need the <!-- and -->. Those desginate comments (putting text between them only shows up in the source and isn't displayed on the page). Style tags work fine without them, and I've never tried what it does with them. It shouldn't matter, though.

<style>

<!--

body{

scrollbar-face-color: #9CCF00;

scrollbar-shadow-color: #687888;

scrollbar-highlight-color: #FFFFFF;

scrollbar-3dlight-color: #687888;

scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #DCE0E2;

scrollbar-track-color: #BCBFC0;

scrollbar-arrow-color: #000000;

}

-->

</style>[/quoet]

Where should I put these?

-Shackman

<style>

<!--

body{

scrollbar-face-color: #9CCF00;

scrollbar-shadow-color: #687888;

scrollbar-highlight-color: #FFFFFF;

scrollbar-3dlight-color: #687888;

scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #DCE0E2;

scrollbar-track-color: #BCBFC0;

scrollbar-arrow-color: #000000;

}

-->

</style>[/quoet]

Where should I put these?

-Shackman

54198[/snapback]

you can place that after the the body tag <body>

or under the title tag <title>

Yeh i think the <!-- and --> would make them not work? I know they aren't needed and if im thinking right the page wont read it since its HTML..... the <!-- and --> are comment tags that tell the browser not to read what is inside of them....Basically just notes for the webmaster.

Actually, I think with CSS, the comments hides it for browsers that don't understand CSS. I think it works like it does with JavaScript. I could be wrong, though. I've never used comments with CSS.I use that code with my site, but it doesn't work with Firefox, so I don't see them.

you dont need <!-- and --!> and the code

<style>body{scrollbar-face-color: #9CCF00;scrollbar-shadow-color: #687888;scrollbar-highlight-color: #FFFFFF;scrollbar-3dlight-color: #687888;scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #DCE0E2;scrollbar-track-color: #BCBFC0;scrollbar-arrow-color: #000000;}</style>
goes to <head>