xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
NikkiLockhart

Nintendo Ds Vs Ds 3D Which one do you guys think is better?

My boyfriend and myself are big fans of the DS, and play it whenever we get a chance (which can be hard with a hyper child, lol). Since the DS 3D came out, I've been thinking about trading in our DS for the new one, but I'm not so sure if it'll be worth it. Sure, it looks good at the store and the games look really good in the commercials, but is it worth the money? I've been battling myself trying to decide if I should get it, and my boyfriend isn't no help. He personally doesn't care if we get it or not, just as long as we can play our current games on it.So this is why I'm here right now, asking you wonderful people for your personal opinion on it. What do you think of the new DS 3D?Also, another question. My son tends to grab a hold of our current DS and is rough with it sometimes, but we usually stop him within seconds of seeing him with it. Does anyone know if the screen breaks easily?Thank you for your time! <3

When the 3DS came out, there wasn't much in the way of good software for it, which is really important as I'm sure you know: there's no reason to buy a game console if it doesn't have any good games on it.By now, however, the 3DS is starting to get a lot of great games, I recommend Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus: Uprising, New Super Mario Bros 2, Super Mario 3D Land. Since it also plays DS games, there's no reason to just count them out, either, so there's still a ton of great games out there for both systems.As for how I feel about it, I really don't like that they region locked it, that's a really annoying thing. The 3D on it is great, but I rarely use it, and the sound quality is amazing. It will play Mp3s, and take decent quality pictures and video, which is a nice feature, and the virtual console is a good addition too.I know it's been quite a while since you made this post, but I hope my reply helps others out in the future.

Forte brought up a good point with backwards compatibility. Consider the price difference vs. how much play time you'll get. Ex. if it's $40 difference and you'll play a single game for 40 hours total, that's $1 an hour (cheaper than most forms of entertainment). If there's more games and more time, that just makes it cheaper overall.The only person that can really decide if a system is worth it or not is yourself. People enjoy different games and like them to a different extent, :).