xisto Community
canute24

Can Someone Help Me With Credits Where to find help on credits??

Hey, I make any sense of these credits and whatever it is connected to. I would like to know if i can find something about credits anywhere. When do you lose credits? One is when you ask for some hosting. What else? Do you lose any credits if you are not posting? Can someone (human being like moderator or admin) give or remove credits?And also what about this reputation? When do I get to reputation?

id like to talk about what im feel regarding credits system that applied already in few weeks til now.trully i feel burdened to create posting nearly day by day, not like as before, some posts weekly. so i cant feel free to create, develope or focusing on my site. ;) some months ago we can post at least 1 in a week, but now 1 post = 1 credit = 1 day. its in average.will admin review the value of this credit system, lets say - 1 credit = 2 or 3 days?

2 err

You are not right 1 post isn't 1 credit! :P

There good credits counting system installed!

When you post your message it'll count some parameters of it like number of hyperlinks, lenght quote size, number of images and according on it you can get more than 1 credit for your post. Just try to make huge and good informative post and you will get at least 5 credits for post... Once i made a post which gave me approximaly 10 credits! :D

Also You can try to perform search on forum for full description of post counting system... :D But unfourtunetly for me, i couldn't find this thread ;)

2 canute24

You are losing 1 credit per day when you are hosted. And losing credits for upgrade's :D

Keeper, Sons of the Dragon http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

What ?! ;) We lose 1 credit/day? And what did you say about that getting that something: 1 credit = 1 day = ??? I didn't get that properly. Could you explain it a little. So now If we are hosting a site here. How many posts do we need to do per day? So that means if we have a lot of credits we can stay without hosting for a long time, Huh? Am I right? So is this hosting system and the forum and all intergrated together I mean they are all connected and share information? And thanx for that help.

Yes. 1 Credit -> 1 dayYou collect 356 credits and Go out for a holiday for a Year! Your account will be safe till then.REMEMBER : You lose credits when a MODERATOR deletes your posts if he finds you have spammed. Not only you lose the credits you got from that particular post, but you lose Extra as penalty. So think 100 times before you are spamming or copying stuff from other sites. You will propably get caught easily. We have caught thousands of posts which had been copied and they have lost so many credits. Some members who had posted copied tutorials lost more than 30 - 40 credits. The more you copy the more you lose. So NEVER Spam! You contribute genuine information. Even NOW, For this very post, I am sure I will earn atleast 2-3 credits. It hardly took some seconds and if you had been in my place, you could have enjoyed 3 days of holiday ;)One more Secret, If you stay regular and post little everyday. you will get the maximum amount of credits PER post. If you try to collect more and more credits, it will simply increase your load and also affect the credits you get per post.

Can someone tell me where we can find full information about the credit system. The following questions need to be answered: 1. Can we have negative credits? 2. At how many credits do we get a warning email informing about the credit balance? 3. Can credits be increased or decreased manually? 4. What happens to the credits we have if we are inactive when: i) we do not have our site hosted ii) we have our site hosted 5. If our account is suspended due to low credit balance how much credits do we have to get to have our site hosted again?

When your account is suspended because your account hit 0 credits, and you stay away for another 7 days you have -7 hosting credits... That should answer #1As for number 2, Why should you get a warning email? If you stay active you know how many credits you have and that you need to increase them when they get close to 0. How many warning emails do you think would go out everyday to the same people who can't keep a sufficient number of hosting credits. If you need a babysitter to track when your hosting credits are supposed to be up. write a note with date and time that your account expires and tape it to your monitor.If you read OpaQue's post just previous to yours the answer would be obvious. Did you ask it just to increase the size of this post... !If you are not hosted, they just increase... that is why they are called "Hosting credits"as for the second part of that question, it's been answered in several of the other posts. You loose 1 hosting credit every 24 hours, or 1/2 a hosting credit every 12 hours or 1/4 hosting credit every 6 hours...Now it's up to you to calculate out how many hosting credits you loose in 3 hours... :P ;)Nils

Thanx for the help. And Mr.NilsC I didn't ask for someone to send me a warning email it is done automatically here and I prefer getting a warning email than having my account suspended. If you find my questions too stupid then don't answer them. ;) There are people who can answer them in a much better way. We need people here who are nice. Since you are a newbie it's ok because I don't think you have read all the pinned topics. When you do you'll have questions like those. And if you don't know there is something known as reputation here.Have you ever wondered why OpaQue has such a good reputation???

For me the question is when can I start requesting for a free hosting account. I have more than 15 posts but never know how much credits have been piled up with those posts? If it is possible to know by this time, I would like to make a request for free hosting by now. I don't need a huge plan which needs much credits, I just need the smallest plan but still I'm not sure of my credits.

1st Edit: Hi Archaic angel, thanks for responding. You are rite. It helps me a lot. In fact, I've never notice my Credit... when I inspect carefully today I came to know about it.. right now I have 24.5 as credit which is enough for basic plan.. thanks..

Dragonfly, If you notice, beneath your credit count (found on the main page) it lists the number of credits required for the different packages. After you have accumulated enough credits, you can go to the "Requests" board and ask for hosting, following the pinned format. If you apply correctly, you should have your account set up sometime within a 24 hour period. After your hosting is approved and set up by an admin, all you have to do is make sure you post regularly and that it's a lengthy, informative and useful post to earn more credits to keep your hosting account. It's a rather simple process. Just don't spam the forums with meaningless nonsense or the admins may take credits away from your total to compensate for the spam posting. That isn't something you're likely to want... Hope I helped a bit.