xisto Community
err

Thx Vs Dolby System which is the best

do enyone know, which is the best of sound movie recording format wheter THX or Dolby Digital AC3. Or any other format besides them?as far as i know, there is a 5.1 and 7.1 means 5 or 7 satelite speakers system with 1 sub woofer.any comment?

well i personally use 5.1, i was intending to get 7.1 but the cost was a bit too high, the sound card costs a bit, eventhough i have 7.1 onboard i prefer a soundcard seperate from my motherboard.

do enyone know, which is the best of sound movie recording format wheter THX or Dolby Digital AC3. Or any other format besides them?

as far as i know, there is a 5.1 and 7.1 means 5 or 7 satelite speakers system  with 1 sub woofer.

any comment?

53422[/snapback]

All 5.1 is usually recorded in Dolby AC3. That is 448kbps 6 channel (5 sat +1 sub). THX is just a standart which gives the quality of sound. THX has some std rules for 5.1 if these are met then the sound quality is said to be at THX std. THX was George Lucas's first movie. So the name was given to the std because the 5.1 was first implemented by him, in his movie. 7.1 is a newer standard. Not supported by DVD yet. But most probably will be a part of HD.

If you encode sound at 7.1 and you don't have a 7.1 sound card along with 7.1 speakers then the sound will be downmixed to the lower config of the two.

You cannot encode VCD's to 5.1. You can but it will only increase the file size, since VCD's are 2 channel. You can't get 5.1 effect from it. In turn you will degrade the sound quality due to resampling.

To make full use of 5.1 sound encoding you must have a 5.1 sound source. There are two ways of getting it: 1. DVD's which are already in 5.1 so meaning in encoding.

2. From the studio with advance acoustic sets.

In short the post says: Use your std MP3 or Vorbis encoder and encode sound in

Joint stereo or mono. Or Dual Channel stereo for higher quality.

I hope that must have helped you. ;)

All 5.1 is usually recorded in Dolby AC3. That is 448kbps 6 channel (5 sat +1 sub). THX is just a standart which gives the quality of sound. THX has some std rules for 5.1 if these are met then the sound quality is said to be at THX std. THX was George Lucas's first movie. So the name was given to the std because the 5.1 was first implemented by him, in his movie. 7.1 is a newer standard. Not supported by DVD yet. But most probably will be a part of HD.

If you encode sound at 7.1 and you don't have a 7.1 sound card along with 7.1 speakers then the sound will be downmixed to the lower config of the two.

You cannot encode VCD's to 5.1. You can but it will only increase the file size, since VCD's are 2 channel. You can't get 5.1 effect from it. In turn you will degrade the sound quality due to resampling.

To make full use of 5.1 sound encoding you must have a 5.1 sound source. There are two ways of getting it: 1. DVD's which are already in 5.1 so meaning in encoding.

2. From the studio with advance acoustic sets.

In short the post says: Use your std MP3 or Vorbis encoder and encode sound in

Joint stereo or mono. Or Dual Channel stereo for higher quality.

I hope that must have helped you. ;)

53452[/snapback]

So, what kind of program to use? Vorbis? Oh yeah, is Lame and Blade an Mp3 encoder? Which of the 3 would you recommend? Is there a program to convert wav to mp3's batch process it? I use SoundForge to make the mono or stereo and put some channel delay for stereo simulation effect. Is that good? Well, if you know programs to use example, I would like to create a short music video or short movie but I must make it a 2 channel stereo format. Like Dolby Digital encoded it. How will I make it like that?

So, what kind of program to use? Vorbis? Oh yeah, is Lame and Blade an Mp3 encoder? Which of the 3 would you recommend? Is there a program to convert wav to mp3's batch process it? I use SoundForge to make the mono or stereo and put some channel delay for stereo simulation effect. Is that good? Well, if you know programs to use example, I would like to create a short music video or short movie but I must make it a 2 channel stereo format. Like Dolby Digital encoded it. How will I make it like that?

53459[/snapback]

I have already written how to get 5.1 read my previous post. You can make 5.1 vidoes if you have a 5.1 sound source. I have seen a new handy cam which allows you to do that. Vorbis has better sound quality than MP3 for the same size. But to get 5.1 you have to use AC3. I don't know any decoder which decodes 5.1 from other formats. MP3 5.1 is around the block.