xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
almhsan

I Need To Learn How To Create An Ftp Server Web Page

Hi everyone. I'm a student of electrical and electronic engineering. Has a little knowledge of about programming and designing web page. For a project i need to learn how to create an FTP server web page using a software which can be used to download and upload files between shared computers using LAN. Is there any possibility that i can do that with little knowledge about designing web page?

Hi everyone. I'm a student of electrical and electronic engineering. Has a little knowledge of about programming and designing web page. For a project i need to learn how to create an FTP server web page using a software which can be used to download and upload files between shared computers using LAN. Is there any possibility that i can do that with little knowledge about designing web page?

Hello and welcome to Xisto!

Just to clarify, you are trying to move files back and forth between computers connected on a local area network correct? If this is the case then no web page or FTP is needed. Windows has built in functionality to provide sharing of files between computers on a LAN. To set this up simply run the networking wizard in windows on each of the systems that need access. Then after the network is made you can simply map a network drive on each system on the network to a shared folder or drive somewhere on your network. This will allow the movement of files in and out of this folder to and from any of the systems on your LAN.

For detailed instructions on how to set this up try googling for "Windows setting up network drives". This should give you a good starting point. Don't worry the process is not very complicated and could be set up in a very short time span.

Let us know how it all works out for you and if you need more info. :)

Thanks very much. I already found out how to do that. But a part of my project is to create a web page which you can access from any web browser from any computer(the computers must be connected through LAN). For example: Let say you are a teacher. You get into that web page(FROM THE UNIVERSITY) through http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. On the web page there are E-books sorted according to their departments. You browse and click on the desired E-book's link. Your Internet download manager catches the file and starts downloading.BUT THEY CANT UPLOAD ANY OF THEIR OWN FILES INTO SERVER. Now i have no idea whatsoever how to create a web page or how to design a web page but i heard that there are software by which i can do that without completely knowing PHP or HTML. Can you please help?