xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
anwiii

Osama Bin Laden Dead! after almost a 10 year hunt

i was asleep during the terrorist attack on u.s. soil which demolished the the twin towers in new york and killed hundreds of people. my mom woke me yup with the devestating news report early that morning. today, i woke up with a message from my mother left on the answering machine the night before saying osama bin laden is dead.although there are already conspiracy theories developing within 12 hours that news has been given about his death, i will believe he is dead for nowso thanks to the u.s. military for never pulling troops out, and the u.s. navy seals team with a well executed and planned attack, osama bin laden is deadi have mixed views. although extremely happy this man is dead, it makes me sad thinking about all the people that died on behalf of al-Qaeda, a terrorist organization that was founded by osama bin laden. i am upset when i hear the words that "justice has been served" because in my eyes, justice will never be served. i understand the emotions of the american people while waving the u.s. flag, but to me, it is ridiculous to celebrate a man's death when so many other people were involved in attacks on u.s. and non u.s. soil. to me, this is a time for mourning those people. not to celebrate one man's death. this is a time to reflect and mourn.it is also a time to prepare for other attacks and not be so complacent within this so called celebration when common sense tells me there will be vengeful actions and attacks after u.s. military was the sole purpose of killing the founder of the al-queda. it's not over. it's FAR from over. more people will die, and people are celebrating.now there are theories that osama bin laden is NOT dead. the people who want to make up unconfirmed stories after confirmed stories have already been released. the question arises why, after capturing osama bin ladens dead body, why dump it at sea? where is the proof he is dead now? personally, i could care less about the ignorant opinion of people who don't believe in their own government and go so far to make other people disbelieve in their own government. it makes me sick. if osama bin laden is NOT dead, then there has to be a very good reason to lie to the american people after so many lost their lives to this one mans organization. if we did not capture him, would this be a tactic to make osama complacent in his hiding so he comes out of his rabbit hole and more vulnerable to his inevitable demise? is it that we captured him alive and we are using this tactic to hide an illegal torture of this man to gain more information and intelligence? both scenarios work for me. even torture if it helps save hundreds of more lives. what other reasons would there be? i mean, he is either dead or captured. to me, that is all that matters. the president isn't going to come on national television and disrespect hundreds of peoples death with a lie. i don't believe that for one second. if he did, then he's the one that deserves the bullet in his head. so i am not going to believe in the ignorance of some american people trying to convince others that there is some sort of cover up. the president is not going to put american lives in danger by lying to the american public. saying osama bin laden is dead when he really isn't.osama bin laden is dead. after nearly a 10 year man hunt. justice ISN'T served, but it is a nice victory in the war on terrorism. good riddance you scum sucking mother *BLEEP*er bin laden!

i am upset when i hear the words that "justice has been served" because in my eyes, justice will never be served.

I do take your point there, anwiii, justice has indeed not been served, and, yes, probably will never been served, but you could say that monster has faced justice.

As someone (rightly in my opinion) stated in a readers' letter in the newspaper I read: "I am glad he got shot without any form of trial whatsoever, as a dirty dog like him did not deserve a trial".

I do agree with that, I must admit, but, that does not fully serve justice.

i understand the emotions of the american people while waving the u.s. flag, but to me, it is ridiculous to celebrate a man's death when so many other people were involved in attacks on u.s. and non u.s. soil. to me, this is a time for mourning those people. not to celebrate one man's death. this is a time to reflect and mourn.

It would indeed be better to hold serene services to mourn the people who were killed in the atrocities, but human emotions are funny things, I bet there are people among them who 'celebrate' Bin Laden's death with a burning pain in their heart, because of lost ones close to them, or because of the overall pain the atrocities of 9/11 have caused, but simply let out their emotions, resulting in what looks like a celebration, let us not forget, some people cry when they are happy too.

Although I am sure there will probably be some kind of initiative soon to remember the dead now the brain behind their murders has been brought to justice. (This would be appropriate to say the least).

it is also a time to prepare for other attacks and not be so complacent within this so called celebration when common sense tells me there will be vengeful actions and attacks after u.s. military was the sole purpose of killing the founder of the al-queda. it's not over. it's FAR from over. more people will die, and people are celebrating.

I too, think it is far from over, I think revenge is already being prepared, but, as I said, people celebrating, that can of course be due to human emotions, or the "relief" of suddenly hearing that, if not justice, at least revenge has happened.

It is, however, time to be very vigilant from now on, even me, as a non-American, live in a country that has suffered terror attacks (7/7 for example), and I too think we are on thin ice now.

osama bin laden is dead. after nearly a 10 year man hunt. justice ISN'T served, but it is a nice victory in the war on terrorism. good riddance you scum sucking mother *BLEEP*er bin laden!

Justice has not been served, but I would call it "at least Bin Laden has been brought to justice", or, "at least there has been some form of revenge".
I agree with the end of your sentence too, and would like to add: "May he, instead of getting 77 virgins, burn forever, preferably in pig's fat".

Finally, what are they complaining about?
He wanted a death as a martyr, didn't he? Well, he has had what he wanted now (at least from his and his organisation's point of view).
Some martyr, urging people to blow themselves up to kill other people, promising them life in heaven with 77 virgins, but going into hiding himself, the dirty coward.

the president isn't going to come on national television and disrespect hundreds of peoples death with a lie. i don't believe that for one second.

Sorry to break it to you like this, but that has happened before and nothing is preventing it from happening again. Not saying Osama isn't dead or anything... just pointing out that your government has lied about pretty big stuff before. But yes claiming someone has been killed and then saying that they dumped him into sea is pretty... hmm... can't find words for this... *BLEEP*ty. The guy who thought up that one probably isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. But because there is no proof for (as in dead body proof) or against, I'm not speculating.

As, for killing leaders of organizations, usually someone way worse is next on the line to take their place.

personally, i could care less about the ignorant opinion of people who don't believe in their own government and go so far to make other people disbelieve in their own government.

I suggest you take a wikileaks tour. If a government hasn't proven that it's honest, I don't know why people should put in faith and believe without any evidence.

Last week, as the news of Osama bin Laden?s death spread across the globe, one Iraqi sat down to write a personal note to a Vanity Fair contributor. This Iraqi, who must remain anonymous, is a Sunni. He has for the past eight years proved to be an usually insightful observer of the war. But he has been scarred by it too. Below, his note is preserved.