xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
MayukhDebnath

Saying Hi... To All My first post - introduction

Hi to all. I joined here yesterday and want to have a website of my choice. I was going through the forum and thought to have my first post in the introduction. If I make some mistake please forgive me because it is my first post in this forum.I am a Bengali and I am from Tripura, a small state in India. I am sure you did not hear about this state, even if you belong to India, as its a very tiny one. I did my schooling from a convent school here and from google search came to know about this site, which can help me get one website for me. I am very excited because I see websites like Yahoo and others having so much popularity because of what they give to the people who join them. I am very much exited to have my website soon as I have thought of plans to design my website from my friends in Bangalore who are now studying computer science.I am not able to study engineering due to my poor financial condition as my father no longer work and my mother is a housewife. My father's pension is also not that good that he can put me in some good college with some donation. You may know that in India to get admission in some good college you need to pay donation and in some colleges they ask as facilitation and development fees. I am hoping that I will be able to have my website and see if my luck is some good or not.I am at this time doing tution and getting some money to help my father and also doing some study so that I can get admission in the local college here in Tripura, for my future. You must have some degree certificate to get some job here and that is why I am also studying along with tution so that one day I can get a website and have webjob and can earn lots of money.I thank you all beforehand in helping me to know what I need so that I can get my website early. I have gone through the rules of this section, but I think I am doing the post alright. I read that there is some mycent that collect the money but I do not know how much I need to write so that I have enough to have one website. Please pardon me as I have not gone through all the steps so far as I have a slow internet connection and it takes time for me to see all pages of the rules. I hope that I can share and learn a lot of knowledge from here.Hi to all again and please give some information on how do I start for getting my website from here.

Hi. You did a fine job on your introduction, better than average I'd say! You don't need a whole lot of posts to get your website up and running, so just post some interesting stuff. I was overflowing with MyCents just from casual posting. Well, I don't make a great welcoming committee but everyone else seems to be sleeping and I'd hate for a new member to feel ignored :). Have fun, look forward to reading your posts!

hi MayukhDebnath,great introduction in fact, there was like ages when i read such a one :). and you were so open about talking about yourself that i know somebody here will like your personality in specific ;). so welcome to the forum of Xisto and try to search through the topics here, you will find a lot of valuable topics that will help you start and put the headline of your website. and in case you need help in anything, please don't hesitate just post your problem or your question and you will find your answer. about how to get your mycent, just be active and continue posting a valuable posts and after 10-15 post as i guess you will see your mycent showing in your cpanal, after you collecting about 2$ then you can buy your first hosting through xisto (remember to signup in xisto with exactly the same email address you used in here) and when you can collect about 12$-14$ you can buy your first domain. i am not sure from the prices, you can check them from your xisto account.finally, hope you all the luck of what you are doing and i am sure with this ambition and your hard working you will achieve your goals soon. good luck.

welcome to ks i guess. i just find it a little creepy that you are adding people to your friends list you don't even know.

hi MayukhDebnath,
great introduction in fact, there was like ages when i read such a one :). and you were so open about talking about yourself that i know somebody here will like your personality in specific ;).

so welcome to the forum of Xisto and try to search through the topics here, you will find a lot of valuable topics that will help you start and put the headline of your website. and in case you need help in anything, please don't hesitate just post your problem or your question and you will find your answer.

about how to get your mycent, just be active and continue posting a valuable posts and after 10-15 post as i guess you will see your mycent showing in your cpanal, after you collecting about 2$ then you can buy your first hosting through xisto (remember to signup in xisto with exactly the same email address you used in here) and when you can collect about 12$-14$ you can buy your first domain. i am not sure from the prices, you can check them from your xisto account.

finally, hope you all the luck of what you are doing and i am sure with this ambition and your hard working you will achieve your goals soon. good luck.

Thank you all for your valuable comments and I am very happy to hear such good remarks from you all.

I was wondering why is myCents not showing in my post information on the left but as you said it will come after some 10-15 posts, I am very much exited to see that it comes and I can have my website. I have registered with the billing server with the same mail ID and I was thinking that I have made some mistake. Actually with the net connection being slow I thought of checking the registration details again.

These days I am more reading the posts in this forum and not posting much as I need to get the hang of it so that it becomes easy on how to post and where to post. But as a matter of fact there are very few new posts and replies in the forum as compared to other forums I visited to get softwares and programs. But I think it is because that this forum is a place of good knowledge and good knowledge is not available everywhere.

And congratulations to all for eliminating the terrorist Bin Laden by US, and making our souls happy for getting the justice.

make about 10 posts, and then you will be credited for your past posts and your future posts. it takes a bit of time for the system to kick in. so instead of reading posts, post more :)

Welcome to Xisto! This is a great place to get started with your first website. These forums have tons of information that can help you get started and if there is anything you can't find or are just curious about, just ask and I am very sure that someone will know the answer or show you where to look. :)If you are just getting started in the world of trying to make money on the internet, let me just give one piece of advice. Don't trust 99% of the people on the internet that say they can make you rich! Nine out of ten times they will take your money and leave you with nothing. Just some friendly advice from someone who learned this the hard way. ;)

Wow, great introduction! You really did a good job of telling us about yourself. Glad to have you here at Xisto! I'm sure with your interest in web site design and hosting you are going to fit right in. As for schooling, where there is a will there is a way. Maybe you can work your way threw school, if it takes a little longer that's not a bad thing since you have your whole life ahead of you anyway, get the best education you can and it will pay you back in the long run.

Hi MayukhDebnath
Very nice introduction! You really did a good job of telling us about yourself. I'm sure with your interest in web site design and hosting you are going to fit right in. Glad to have you here at Xisto!

As for schooling, where there is a will there is a way. Maybe you can work your way threw school, if it takes a little longer that's not a bad thing since you have your whole life ahead of you anyway, get the best education you can and it will pay you back in the long run.

i think that if you want to learn and you are very interested you can start your own website than ad some ads and start making some money and with that money you keep them safe till you got more then you can try to go to a college :D it would take some time and nerves but you can do it :D

Well, actually one and half years passes, since I joined Xisto, and this is my sixth post. I really can't believe myself that I have taken so long to come back here and say a few words.In the meantime I have joined college and am studying Commerce. Life with college and tutions (teaching class V to X students) is getting too hectic. I am in my second year and decided to buy a domain straight away, than waiting to post and buy through myCents. So now I have a domain registered for myself and I paid it from my tution earnings. I am also getting some stipend from college for my good results, so I am more happier than when I joined Xisto.All that I wish now is that I do some research work on the web hosting and get a good host as quickly as possible. Maybe if I can get the 10 year pack of Xisto would be wonderful. Currently my domain is redirecting to a free host page.One of my friend/classmate, is from Kolkata, India and is a computer geek. I almost always get answers from him regarding the web and Internet. And I have been playing fair to increase my knowledge about the world in general.Books used to be my source of knowledge and we had a dialup connection that would work at 5 kBps speed maximum. But now I have a Broadband connection and my friend got a 3G mobile net connection for him. The whole paradigm is now changed with the availability of high speed net connection. Last week I have been to more website, than in the whole of the year gone. And I thank everyone who made this possible for people like us in a small place in Tripura to have the world at our finger tips.Our state government did a great job to bring in the national telecom operator, Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited, to bring in the 3G services and Broadband connection to smaller villages along with other towns throughout the state.And now I just wish that I have more time to be online and be a part of the information overflow.Wishing myself good luck and a happy time for all.

Hi!It's good to have you finally back here on Xisto. Typically, people who have not logged in for over a year are not very likely to come back, but you did! I joined Xisto when it was called Xisto and as I did not log in for a few months, I found Xisto missing and realised it had been renamed to Xisto. The best part about being with Xisto is that it keep running, despite all odds. There are times when the forum is very quiet but then again, the members return to the forum to post. We even had an upgrade recently, and you can tell because the logo on the forum still has the Invision Power Board logo, which replaced the Xisto logo during the upgrade. The most important bit, the MyCENT calculation script is still running though so you can continue to take advantage of the post-to-host service here at Xisto.I have heard of Tripura in the past and it is popular for its crafts. Perhaps what it needs is a representation at international trade fairs because some people would like to use the artistic designs for the interior decoration within their homes. Diwali is a good time for putting up the traditional decorations too - a false thatch roof and bamboo poles by the sidewalk give any house a more festive look when everywhere else it is just concrete and bricks.A lot of people make do without a college degree because of their I.T. skills, so although you have not been able to take up an engineering degree, I would encourage you to not give up on your dreams. You can learn quite a bit from Xisto to get you by and find work in the I.T. industry. If you have your website up and running, you can also use your website to showcase your work to potential employers.