xisto Community
mrdee

Changes To Php Mysql? Getting sudden errors.

I was wondering if Xisto have made any changes to PHP and/or MySQL.(version, SAFE MODE or whatever).The reason I am asking is because I have a number of forms running on my websites, most of them send the entered information to a MyQL database.It has now come to my attention that some of the forms (might be all of them, have not had ime to test them all yet) have stopped working and just leave me with lots of errors.All my forms used to work flawlessly, as they were all tested thoroughly before going live.Or, if no changes have aken place, could it be a temporary fault with the system at Xisto, or would thr fault be my end (I can't really see that, as, like I said before, everything used to work perfectly, and I have not made any changes at all).If anyone has (had) similar experiences or knows anything more about the matter, could they please enlighten me?Thanks in advance.

hi,i just tested my portfolio website, it is hosted on xisto too. and i have a form there to let others contacting me. and it works fine. so i think there is something wrong from your end. i suggest you load your backup files " i hope you do the periodic backup", if not try check the error log file in cpanal or try to post the error here or google it to know what is going on and why. hope things will be fixed soon, good luck.

Believe it or not, web_designer,

when I went back to my sites this morning and started testing, all forms were present and every single one worked.

Same thing, my E-card script I run had always worked with no problem up to yesterday, when i accessed it, it still worked, but was showing lots of script errors on top, although I hadn't touched it.

It had also come to my attention that uploading did not work 100% as it should:

When I used Filezilla the server always timed out and I had to try twice or three times (which never happened before, it even happened for very small files).

When I uploaded from my HTML Editor it also took ages, and then I had to retry at least once to be able to uploadmy files.

I rarely or never had problems with that in the past, and, once again that worked properly this morning.

So, since everything works without me doing any work on it, there might have been a temporary fault at Xisto's end, and maybe it had stopped/been resolved at the time you tested your website.

I will have a look on the Xisto website too to check if there has been any outage or disturbance or anything.

And, yes, I do use the backup feature.

So, I am glad things are back to normal.

Thank you for your reply.

Happy Easter.

glade to hear that mrdee :) i know how it is annoying to deal with errors that you don't know where they are come from. and since these errors are fixed without doing anything from your end then yeah maybe it is an error in xisto end, it happened before. and by the way my server is gamma, so maybe you are using another server, you can check your server status from your xisto account to know how it is working. any way, it is great that everything is working properly again. and i must say you have an interesting site out there :) i checked it and it is really interesting, good luck of what you are doing and keep up the good working.

Thank you for the kind words, web_designer.As a matter of fact, i am on the gamma server myself.But I will definitely monitor things a lot closer now, as I have been doing some advertising and the forms (or rather, the proper functioning of them) will be vital for me.Glad you liked my site too.Next time you pop by, please remember the guestbook.Thanks.