xisto Community
spawn_syxx9

Internet Explorer Problem yeah it is kinda odd

Well this only seems to happen when I am answering Livejournal replies via my email but this is what goes on. I reply and it posts the reply but in a seperate IE window. All of a sudden tons and tons of them open up and the only way I can shut them down is by ending the prog manually. Does anyone else know why this happens?

IE has no popup blockers, today the internet is filled with iframes, and other popups, I agree, Mozilla Firefox is a good program, it has internal popup blockers, you can find the completely free download somwhere on this site. https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/. Also if you have Notrton's Internet Security, it has a weak popup blocker, that might slightly reduce the number of popups.

Another thing that could be possible is that your Explorer got hijacked by a virus/spyware/adware etc. Try downloading Microsoft's free spyware removal tool (available at Microsoft.com. If that doesn't help I'd advice you to have a system scan through either McAfee or PC-Cilin. Norton has never seemed to have worked for me and in fact slows down my computer like hell.

It's not a pop-up, and it's not caused by spyware. It's some sort of bug in IE (or Windows XP). It's happened on most XP's with IE 6 that I've been on. Usually, the only way to end it is through the task manager. Even then, it may still lock up your computer. That usually happens to me when I try to close IE. That's part of the reason I switched to Firefox. I don't know why it happens, though. It would probably help if you switch to a better browser.

switching to Firefox may be an easy solution for you, but i have WinMe and this f*cking OS freezes when i'm running Firefox!

if it's because of popups, i'd recommend you to download Google's toolbar, which doesn't block every popup but 90% of them. if it's a bug, update yuor browser  makes security patches very often, because they've got lots of bugs) or switch to another browser (Mozilla, Firefox, Opera, or Safari, for OS X).

a few of my friends have Livejournals and refuse to stay away from IE, i fixed this problem by installing that google toolbar.. it blocks popups, and makes LJ work right for the most part.

Hmm lots of wanting to change browsers though I did this and it really didn't help because Firefox did it as well. I think it might just be that IE 6.o problem mentioned earlier so I might try to dg the IE on my comp.

Yeah, with Service Pack 2 there is. I still wouldn't use IE unless I'm at school or somewhere else, though. I've heard Opera's pretty good, but I'm still going to stick to Firefox. It's working fine for me, and I don't really need many extra features.