xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sunny5

How To Format Your Laptop?

Hi, I'm wondering how do you format your laptop? I have a Windows 7 toshiba mini laptop. I want to format it as in restarting the computer, as if you just received it from the store, freshly bought. Please and thank you for the help. Additional DetailsFull detail of my laptop:- Windows 7- Toshiba- Model: NB305- 1GB DDR3 (expandable to 2GB)- 250GB HDD (5400rpm)- Intel? Graphics Media Accelerator 3150- Intel NM10

Were you lucky enough to receive a Windows 7 installation disk when you bought the laptop, or even a recovery disk? Both of these might give you the option to format your drive if you just put in the disk and reboot the computer. If you don't have one, there are other options..

Let me know and we'll go from there.

Hi, I'm wondering how do you format your laptop? I have a Windows 7 toshiba mini laptop. I want to format it as in restarting the computer, as if you just received it from the store, freshly bought. Please and thank you for the help.
Additional Details
Full detail of my laptop:
- Windows 7
- Toshiba
- Model: NB305
- 1GB DDR3 (expandable to 2GB)
- 250GB HDD (5400rpm)
- IntelŽ Graphics Media Accelerator 3150
- Intel NM10

actually, if it's a toshiba, there might be a program already installed called "recovery disk creator". you can search for it by pressing the windows icon and then type the name in or just type in "recovery" and see what pops up. if it's on there, it will allow you to burn a recovery cd. it may also give you the option to burn all the programs that were on the computer out of the box. from there, you can run it and there should be a few options. one of the options is to reformat to the state it was in out of the box when you bought it.a lot of toshiba models come with this option to burn a recovery disk so try looking for that program. it should be in a toshiba folder.

If you have received a recovery dvd or a windows 7 dvd with your laptop then its possible... If now you will have to go and get one.... Either buy a licensed dvd or download it if u already have a license ..... Once you have a windows 7 dvd just insert the dvd and restart your computer... Make sure you boot from cd/dvd if u have not done so in the bios...Once you boot from dvd a message will appear.... Press any key to boot from cd..... Once you start the setup you can choose to format/ repartition / resize your hard disk.... Rest is pretty simple just read the instructions and continue.... Hope this helps...

hi! i hope you got a genuine windows 7 at the time of your purchase.so it is better to make a recovery disk before formatting,thereby you can install genuine one after formatting.just insert the disk into the drive and follow the options as it displays.If you still feel difficult to format,better use system restore option there by u can rescue your system with one click..