xisto Community
psp-playstation

How to take snap-shots from a DVD ???

I was playing a DVD on Windows Media Player, and I had to take some screenshots, but no matter how hard I try, I fail, can u help me.

u see, there's a little button on the top-right of your keyboard: 'PrtSc', which stands for print screen. That basically copies a screenshot of whatever you're doing onto the clipboard, so taht you can paste it anywhere...didn't think it was taht hard to work out.. :lol:

ummm... it won't work in this case :P If you have PowerDVD or BSplayer you can easily save screenshots :lol:

read here the cause:

I tried to capture Media Player or Real Player, Why do I grab only a blank, black screenshot? The problem is usually due to graphics hardware acceleration being used to display the image. The newer media players from Microsoft and RealNetworks are good about trying to use any graphics hardware acceleration that is available on the system. Most video capture programs used to capture video from a video camera use "hardware overlay" by default for their video preview. Note that this kind of problem affects all screen capture programs, and even the image put in the clipboard by the PrintScreen key. The best solution is to disable hardware acceleration in the application that is playing the video, or disable hardware acceleration system wide. To disable graphics hardware acceleration globally for all applications , select Control Panel>Display>Properties>Settings>Advanced>Troubleshooting in Windows 2000 or XP, on other versions of Windows select Control Panel>System>Performance tab>Graphics>Advanced settings. In both cases slide the Hardware Acceleration slider to None. Windows Media Player and RealNetworks Realone Player must use hardware acceleration for some media file. If you disable Hardware acceleration, they can not work well. All screen capture softwares have the same trouble. So I recommend you use another media player such as Power DVD, Win DVD.

taken from Here bye!

u see, there's a little button on the top-right of your keyboard: 'PrtSc', which stands for print screen. That basically copies a screenshot of whatever you're doing onto the clipboard, so taht you can paste it anywhere...
didn't think it was taht hard to work out.. 

how the hell did u think that i didnt try this.
and by the way...

ummm... it won't work in this case 
If you have PowerDVD or BSplayer you can easily save screenshots 

i do have power dvd, how to do it then

first, go to the "Capture" page in the options and choose the capture mode (to the clipboard, to file...), then just start the film and click on the Capture button (there is a picture of a camera on it)good luck! :lol: