xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
been.SWANK

I Broke My Toe

Since this is the place to vent and all, I thought I would vent about the simple stupidities in an everday spiel. Yesterday, I woke up early to get to work, came home late, went to bed without dinner, woke up about 10:30pm, ran into my door and then broke my little toe.The lesson here kids is, dont walk into your door. It hurts like hell.This was a quick vent.

Damn that hurts a lot. I've chipped my toe nails a bunch of times in a simillar way and it hurts like hell.I remember this time when I was playing football with my friends "shoe" (we were just screwing around with him). I had the shoe and my friend was rushing in quite swiftly. I kicked the shoe. My aim got wrong and I kicked the show with two of my right toe nails and bang. Was bleeding for quite some time and was hurting like hell. Ugh.

OH my sorry that happened to you. I have the worst luck with my feet! At age 6 I fell out of a swing and had a hairline fracture...my poor mom she was pushing me. It was back then when swings didnt have the safety cross bar. Since then I have hurt my foot many times. I fractured it when I was crossing the road from my place going to work pregnant. I had to wear an aircast( hard plastic)The following year I hurt it again but not a fracture. Then in 2003, two days after the Great Blackout in North America I was taking my son downstairs in my building, the elevator wasnt fixed yet. I was near the last step, landed on my toe...tyring to balance my son in his stroller and hurt it again. I thought it wasnt too bad so I went to the mall to do a little shopping. It started swelling up. I walked to the hospital and watched it grow. They took x-rays , it wasnt fractured but swollen. I had to leave the hospital with crutches. Now thats not it, last year I was getting off a bus and the I caught my foot in the door. I was in such shock I didnt get the bus info or sue. Needless to say Im quite paranoid now. ;)

wow Cammy. you seem to have a lot of bad luck with that. so far im lucky enough to not have broken anything. worst ive had is during some soccer game some guy was trying to steal the ball from me and ended up kicking my ankle. there was no way i could walk on it. but when i got x-rays, it was okay. i just couldnt do much for a week or so.anyways, hope you feel better been.swank. ;)

When I was in grade 6 I was playing in the part and they had those jungle gyms, or monkey bars, whatever you call it... and I was climbing to the top of them. You know how those things are all connected to slides and other stuff. I tried jumping from the monkey bars to some other thing and ended up banging my leg onto a metal bar that was supposed to be a railing.Being a kid, I guess I didn't know how far I could jump. I ended up with a broken leg and was in a cast for about 6 weeks. It hurt tons when i landed but it actually hurt more afterwards (when i was at hte hospital). The funny thing is when you get the cast off your leg, it is like 3 times as small as the other one and is basically just the bone. I was on crutches for another 2 weeks before I could start walking again. It was bad, I was not allowed to walk for like 8 weeks. Then another 3 weeks to be back to normal and play on the monkey bars again!

I always do that. lol but my toes do't "break"Once a bus ran over my mums foot... it kind of fractured it or somthing and the bus driver had to take my mum to hospital..I still can't get over the fact a big red bus ran over my mums foot... lol!

Two months ago, I was getting a ride home from my friend, and when I was getting out of the back seat, one foot was planted where the car would be rolling, and he let off the brake, the car rolled onto my foot and then stopped, I then proceded to scream to the crackling of my foot, and he finally got off. I went to the ER, and found out I had 12 bones broken and 8 fractured. This stopped my running for a while. I hate how vulnerable your feet are.

even worse is whatever I have on my toes, whenever I wear my shoes for too long my nails start like cutting into my skin and it hurts bad and it goes on for days and days hurting like hell and then my toes get huge and if I just hit the tip of my shoes against something the pain just kills man and well it just goes on and on until well it just goes away but it always come back speacilly during winter that well that's the time that one wears shoes most of the time, during summer this problem is not as bad because I wear my sandals most of the time....Well enough about my toes and feet......