xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
JohnBoy2525

Friend/crush Gone Bad

I have been getting very close to a friend online over the past few months, she is a dream come true and we had really hit it off and lately i have been attached and crushing really hard, almost like obsession and i was not the only one doing it, she was the same way about me and i was falling in love with her. Since its online i had no idea what she was feeling and im so afraid of getting played, it has happen to me so many time. So last week i sent a PM saying that i was breaking off the crush because i could not take it right know because i want more than friends and i don't think that is possible, i was trying to do the right thing and it hurt both of us. She got very sad and very mad at me and said many harsh words and she almost stop contact all together. I let her calm down and sent a sorry and forgiveness message and know she said i'm not allowed to talk to her for a week.I just don't know what to do with these feelings, i want to be just friends but also i really want to be more than friends and i have never had a online relationship before this...this hurts a lot...

you said that you are afraid of getting played and hurt, and what do you do? you play HER and hurt HER by breaking things off. shame on you. it's true you have to be really carefull "dating" online because the other person can be whoever they want to be. it's easy to decieve and lie. if your intentions is not to be with someone, don't lead them on. if you want a friendship and nothing more, tell them flat out. maybe you can salvage a friendship after all your b.s. and you not knowing what you want. whatever you do though, don't hurt others just because you're unsure what you want. if you don't know, stop doing what you're doing.not allowed to talk to her for a week? haha that's funny. it makes me wonder why she set that limitation too. if she is limiting you, she is only hurting herself as well. that really doesn't make any sense to me unless she doesn't have the same feelings you do. a week is a long time when you're falling in love with someone.online relationships are hard because of the distance factor. but in some ways, they are a very good thing because it gives you time to know a person on the inside and fall in love the proper way. best thing to do in relationships like this is to take it slow. there is no hurry. if you find out the distance thing is too much for you to handle and want to break it off, then all that means is you didn't love her enough and this online dating thing isn't for youi understand it hurts, but remember something..... all good things come with sacrifice. the only question you really have to answer is "is it worth it?"