xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dark

Anybody Owns A Pda?

HiDoes anybody own a PDA here?I got a Zire 31 for christmas and it's kind of an amazing little device, I mostly got it to keep up with my growing DVD collection. I had started buying the same movies twice and figured to have a PDA in my pocket, I could check which movies I owned while buying in stores.The neat thing is that I have found a program with a desktop compagnion, so I can enter the movies directly on my PC which is much easier than using the stylus on the PDA.Then there is a file that I also back up on CDR after every update so if I lose all my info on the PDA and on the PC, I can still restore from that file.Back up, back up and then back up, isn't it what they say?Patrick

I used to own a Casio Cassiopeia E-??? i forgot what the model was but i mainly used it to play games and listen to music...but thats about it i never really found a use for a pda, i still don't i prefer those which can be a cellphone/pda i think those ones are cool but just a pda to me is quiet useless, i prefer a desktop excel.

I own a Sony Clie...forgot the model. I used it alot when I got it for Christmas last year. Now I just got kind of bored with it. It is sure usefull though if you have meetings or things to remember. So I like mine, it just gets a little boring after a while of using it.

I have a good ol' Sony CLIE NR70V/U. It was the best of it's class 3 years ago, a full TFT widescreen, and camera, Palm OS 4.1, 66 megahertz proccessor (don't laugh, i know nowadays, there like 122 to 500 - but back then, that thing was blazing fast.). I still use it to today, nonthing can beat a Sony CLIE, but unfourtuetely, Sony stopped making PDA's last summer.

Here are some REALLY good sites for downloading Palm OS programs,
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ (can't beat the free programs)
http://www.palmgear.com/

Some good software that I use

Dataviz Documents To Go
AcidImage
Today
AcidSolitaire

and does anyone play SpaceTrader? I can't stop playing it, if you haven't, i HIGHLY recommmend you download it, (it's free). http://www.oalaah.com/sale/404.html (Don't let the screenshot fool you, you won't regret playing it, just look at all the Reviews!!)

I own a Palm m505, when I got it colour displays were new ;c)Anyway, for me the most useful programs are:- Agendus (which used to be called Act! Names),- Zingware's AddressPro- Yaps (to securely store passwords and any other kind of information)- AvantGO (to read some website content offline)- BigClock (nice for when in the cradle and it supports week numbers)- SilverScreen- and last but not least: HappyDays (it uses a field in the address book for people's birthdates and it helps to remind of who has a birthday coming up and their age).The PDA is most useful if you have to keep track of a lot of appointments, and ToDo's ("I'll call you back at 1" -> put in Palm, set an alarm = don't forget it). I've found I never miss things like that anymore; I do forget them sometimes but the Palm reminds me.

i have a palm tungsten e and an o2 XDA IIi (the latest one). the XDA is amazing! 520mHz, 128mb ram, 128mb rom, 240x320 touch screen, built-in 802.11b wi-fi, and 1.3 mgapixel still and video camera. and of course, it's a phone!

I got a Tungsten T a few months ago, actually its a prototype for Tungsten T, so I got it off eBay for 100 bucks, the thing kicks major...Color screen, mp3 playback, it is just awesome, I'm so glad I got it. It rendered the MD player I got a while back completely useless so I gave it to my brother, funny thing is, I think that was more expensive!Anyway, some good programs:Agendus, the ultimate agenda.AvantGo, yup, browse the net!Graffiti Anywhere, use your whole screen as a grafitti areaPocket Tunes: the best audio player for palmMplayer: play divx on palm!

I want to get a pda too, do you is ebay a good choise? What would be an average price for a relatively new color pda?

I have a Sony SJ22 PDA and its very very nice in design. Very presentable as well due to the 320X320 large screen. However it was quite costly MRSP: $169.00. I bought another one for my girlfriend, which she ended up dumping me.... well she didn't want it, but I already have one the same model. I gave it to some company and they are selling it cheap. Its brand new, but yeah the company paid me extra for it, so they can get it off it. With the money they paid for the new SJ22 that I hadn't use, I could have bought twenty or more of them.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I want to get a pda too, do you is ebay a good choise? What would be an average price for a relatively new color pda?

55122[/snapback]

PDA's are getting cheaper and cheaper, yuo should be able to get a generic PDA with mp3, word processing (Documents to Go), and the basic functions for no more than $200. If you're going for higher end ones with a camera like the Zires 72, or 71 it'll cost about $250. PDA's are great little things to have around. and if you happen to get one, i highly recommend you get some freeware programs for your pda at http://www.oalaah.com/sale/index.html