xisto Community
NNNOOOOOO

Who Wants To Test Something For Me? I hope this is where this shouldve went

test.htmlI am learning HTML. Just for now, I am playing around with the attached file to view the different stuff I learned/know/knew. Ignore the empty box under "MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!". That's for my own personal reference :). All I need someone to do is click the "E-mail me" at the bottom and send a simple message. For the subject, use "test". For the message, use "A test." or something like that.After sending the email, forget my email addresses and I'll forget yours, unless you want spammed lol. Don't worry, that gray button really does nothing important.Thanks for your cooperation.tell me when you send the email. It keeps not working for me. Edited by NNNOOOOOO (see edit history)

It keeps not working. Someone, please help me. *screams are heard throughout topic*EDIT:Just got a successful test. I hope to get more successful tests.

Edited by NNNOOOOOO (see edit history)

If you aren't already, I recommend running a local web server on your computer for testing. Install the server with LAMP (linux) or WAMP (windows) is relatively easy if you follow instructions. It will make your testing easier and you'll be able to share your site with us by giving your IP address (Unless your ISP gives you a password protected router that blocks this web/ftp server stuff like my new one :( ) and you will be able to access it by the link http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ . As your pages get more complex attaching them will be insufficient for us to see them. Of course you could upload everything to a site paid for by KS posts, but I prefer testing/learning locally because it's quicker and easier.

If you aren't already, I recommend running a local web server on your computer for testing. Install the server with LAMP (linux) or WAMP (windows) is relatively easy if you follow instructions. It will make your testing easier and you'll be able to share your site with us by giving your IP address (Unless your ISP gives you a password protected router that blocks this web/ftp server stuff like my new one :( ) and you will be able to access it by the link http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ . As your pages get more complex attaching them will be insufficient for us to see them. Of course you could upload everything to a site paid for by KS posts, but I prefer testing/learning locally because it's quicker and easier.

Sounds good, but for one of those options, We don't get to use a static IP.:( Damn you ISP's and your "have to pay for static IP" contract rules!!!

Sounds good, but for one of those options, We don't get to use a static IP.:( Damn you ISP's and your "have to pay for static IP" contract rules!!!

For temporarily sharing sites you could use no-ip or dyndns. You basically get a sub domain and an application which constantly updates the sub domain settings to point to the latest IP address.

I tested your test.html and it works.

It simply runs my outlook with an empty new message but with your email in the field "To"

It doesn't show subject.

to do that just use:

<a href="mailto: youremailaddress@emailservice.com?subject=yoursubject">E-mail Me</a>

Edited by mamer (see edit history)