xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
longtimeago

The Manager Whom I Came Across

In this life of ours we meet people who have different personalities. Some are people-person. They stand for the people rather than the requirements, while some consider that work should be done in spite of opposition and restriction hurled by people. But I have come across certain people who are popular and at the same time will easily accomplish the tasks assigned to him. My friend is an example of it. There is a charm around him. People around him are happy. He is a Project Manager of a reputed Indian software company and the people with him seems to be happy and they consider themselves privileged to work under him. They take extra time when a work is assigned by him. I was taken aback by the aura and energy of his. I was curious and enquired him about the secret of this so-called success. He gave a smile and replied-?When you want people to do something for you, they must feel that they are doing it for themselves.? He explained to me some valuable lessons of life that I can never forget. Never criticize anyone.Criticizicm never is like a boomerang. It always comes back. A simple example given by him. An employee was caught red-handed in a case of bribery. He never felt guilty about it but tried to portray an innocent figure in court. A terrorist was being tried in the court , being responsible for a bomb-blast in a city causing the death of 106 people. He was given a death sentence and when he stepped out he said-?I am innocent?. Criticism never helps to build a healthy atmosphere. Make the people realize the mistake but in a positive manner.Another lesson he taught me was how to control my temper. Steel is of no use when it has no temper. But when temper takes control, it becomes an ultimate source of weakness. He reminded me of the great lesson taught by Jesus Christ, not to let the sun to down on anger. If you feel that you have hurt someone do not be reluctant to go and ask for forgiveness. You might feel that you are right. But still go and mend the relation. This will hurt your pride and ego. Never bother about it. Keep on doing it. Each day each hour keep doing this. Ultimately your flesh will get tamed. It thinks twice before you get angry. It knows that once you become angry, you have to go and ask for forgiveness. This will in due time will prevent you from loosing temper.Lessons about argument. There is no winner in an argument. You cannot convince people by argument. After a hot argument, you might feel that you have won ; but in reality you have not. No one is ever convinced by an argument. When an argument arises people shut their mind. He reminded me the words of a great speaker-?The best way to win an argument is to avoid it?. Smile always. It is a sunshine and always opens the locked doors. People find it easy to interact with people who have a pleasant, smiling face. An instance swept into my mind. I was in a hurry and ordered ten scoops of ice-cream from a shop. The shop was crowded and girl behind the counter screamed and asked-?Do u realize how long it will take to take out ten scoops of ice-cream.? I was tempted to yell back and ask-Are you not paid for this? But I maintained my calm and replied-?O! It is one of those hectic days!!?She smiled and replied ??Yes, it is?. At the end she gave two extra scoops and was waving to me. Yes, the golden words- put yourselves in other person?s shoe and think why specific action was initiated . In this life of rat-race people with such values will stand apart and be looked upon with respect and dignity.Appreciate the people around. Learn to notice the small tasks done by them. Take time to understand it. Motivate and appreciate them whole-heartedly. According to a survey people do some tasks either for appreciation or sex. When recognition plays such a crucial part in a person?s life why do we fail to realize its importance? As food is necessary for the body so is recognition necessary for the overall development of a person. We have a feeling that when a person is appreciated it leads to the development of pride. But we are always ready to point fingers at the person?s fault.Complacency always leads to stagnancy. When feelings of achievements overtake us it sows the seeds of pride in our life. This ultimately develops roots and becomes a gigantic tree that drains away the morals and values of life. The life ultimately becomes barren thus not able to produce fruit for any. When feeling of sacrifice and love is sown A tree capable of sharing joy and peace is established.

What a great post! I don't think everyone realizes how easy it really is to be a nice person as opposed to being an @$$ hole. It's too bad more people don't take the time to realize they are not the only person on earth with a problem, and to take the time and consideration of others first before getting all involved with me me me!