xisto Community
deadmad7

10 Posts Per Day Pledge - Save The Forum! Save the forum

By now, if you ever even logged into Xisto... you would have noticed the obvious pathetic condition that the admins let this forum turn into. Literally there is NO ONE online.... the familiar faces around here never even make it into the Top 10 Posts of the Day. So, I have an idea that we pretty much "not care" about the other members that are not online and not think like "ohh... there is no online online/no new posts so that tha i will just log out".

Instead, try to somehow create 10 new posts per day in the forum, whether you join in a talk with a new member or simply create your own thread. Think about it, i bet there are at least a few people who still care about this forum... even if it is the single digits. Imagine 5-9 people still care about this forum enough to spend like 10 minutes trying to create 10 posts per day. That's like 50-90 posts and possibly more. And over time, those add into thousands.

It doesn't need to be like super-long length posts (like the ones anwiii makes :P )... it doesn't matter if its just a few lines (25 words min is the spamline in the forum). This could potentially kick start Xisto... like trying those shock things when someone is dying. :ph34r: . And if you can't make 10 posts per day, dont worry just add how many posts you can... even if its only 1 post. And please try to get carried away LOL. :D

People who joined in so far -

deadmad7

No thanks, I put more effort into keeping this forum alive than it deserves already. I think the people on the forum have some interesting posts so I stick around but I have no noble goals of saving this place. We've all suggested many improvements to the forum, and they seem to go unnoticed. Heck, I don't see improvements of ANY kind going on. The staff are obviously too busy to maintain and improve this forum these days -- which is fine, I won't hold that against against them. I thought the helpfulness of the mods was a great part of this forum when I first joined, their dedication to replying to my posts inspired me to post more. Now, it feels forsaken. There is no dedicated staff posting daily, no Admin updates, no moving forward. KS should be growing -- not shrinking out of existence. The page takes minutes to load for reasons unexplained, it's buggier than ever and no mention of attempts to fix it. I think there should be people 'in charge' that actually take an active interest in the forum. A new bunch of mods and an Admin with time and motivation to improve the place. I don't care if it's Xisto or someone creates an entirely new forum. It shouldn't be up to the members to do all the work, unless the Admin want to give us more power in shaping Xisto to be a better forum. Posting 10 posts per day is a waste of time unless the staff make an equal or greater effort. We need something solid to start building improvements upon, and that's what the moderators are supposed to be there for in my opinion. Spam-fighting is important, but not as important as inspiring us. Give dedicated regular members the power to kill spam by voting or something. If anyone wants to create a new improved KS-style forum where everything can be discussed and people are helpful and polite, count me in as a member. I'll even help create it.. and I would leave Xisto in a heart beat if I knew somewhere else to go!

Edited by rob86 (see edit history)

i applaud your effort deadmad. i agree with your insight 100%. i just don't think i agree that 10 posts a day from people are going to save this forum. knowledge is only as good as the people you share it with. also, 10 posts a day is a lot and a bit too much. people can easily be overwhelmed to make such a commitment.the person who has the most posts in this forum is saint michael who only has an average of 3 posts a day now. you brought up the fact that my posts are long. they are, and i probably hold the record for most mycents earned and i have half the average post saint michael does.i think it's just safe to say that 10 posts a day is just too much deadmad. nobody gives a crap.....that is until the admins get off their *bottom* or the moderators start setting an example or the users pull together to create their own environment here.i can throw around some ideas that can be a little more realistic, but even that wont help unless everyone pulls together to do their part to share their own knowledge.anyway, i really do applaud your effort with this thread, deadmad. let's try to come up with something a little more realistic and maybe set some goals and ideas in place that can help turn this place around without blaming the admins or the mods(something even i have been guilty of). we can use this thread as a starting point to throw around some ideas....my ideas off the top of my head right after i just woke up is this...(and it only counts for the old members that are still here)1: post at least 1 post a day2: start a new topic a week3: set a time two times a day for an hour where people can be committed to be in the chat room depending on peoples time zones4: continue with the SOTW EVERY week, even if nobody enters and make sure it's advertised more5: when someone sees someone post in the introduction, everyone should be commited to welcoming the new user if they see the introduction.those are my ideas right now that i would like to throw around. whether people agree or disagree with ideas doesn't matter, let's just try to come up with the things that most everyone can agree on at first. realistic goals and goals that people can commit to without feeling they are doing all the work without other people commiting themselves too.once we have a few things people can commit to, then we make your list of committed people. if someone isn't fulfilling their commitment, anyone on the list is required to remind those people of their commitment

Dear friend Anwii I entirely agree with you if even we are going to post 3 to 5 posts a day it is more than sufficient. It is not necessary to post 10 posts a day. I do agree with the fact that the forums regular traffic is less now a days whenever I have logged on I now a days am not able to find 1 or 2 members apart from me. When I joined this forum the condition was not the same. I don?t what happened now. What ever it is the drive is good that we should post some good posts daily. One more thing which I would like to clarify is today I am facing this message and captcha for the first time. Which says ? This post will need approval from a moderator before this post is shown.Any one knows what is the reason for the same.

This post will need approval from a moderator before this post is shown.

@Contactskn, so far i didn't noticed any captcha. I guess you hit some glitch or maybe admin activated captcha and we're not aware of ? I'll wait and see if that happens to me. You can create a support ticket and wait for weeks to solve that. :D

Maybe kontera or infolinks revenue sharing should be added to lure some more members. I don't know why it was closed with new forum. I don't expect any improvement here from opaque but still for last 6 years this is the first thread which poped up that says -'save the forum'. I mean seriously opaque, tell us the truth if you want us to go away from this forum or you just want us to create content 6 cents per 150 words for this forum ?

yes i too think that 10 post a day will increase number of spams because then people think they have to post 10 times and then as they have nothing to say start to post something like "Thank you" or "It's really helpful". i think that one or two posts a day will lead you to enough mycents as well as enough forum activity. i have an average of 2.53 right now that shows i'm currently posting 2 - 3 posts a day and i can say i get enough mycents with them and i think you will get also enough with this range of posting a day. anyway now this forum has 70k members if only 0.1 percent of them post at least 1 in a day here, this forum will become more active with 70 posts a day (i think 2 or 3 days before today there were only 7 posts made in 24 hours in the whole forum) so it will at least increase activity by 50-70 percent which is very nice.as "anwii" said people have to create new topics because most of threads in this forum are from 1 or more years ago and it is not a nice thing to bring up a dead topic, so we need to create new topics for our discussion if the related topic is very old, so i think creating a topic every week is a nice idea and i completely agree with "anwii" about this. another thing is that most peoples come around here have many questions to ask but because of less active forums they prevent from doing that, so maybe trying to post a reply in topics which the poster needs help for solving her/his problem should get some priority, i mean if someone solved other peoples problems then admins could give him/her a reward (like mycents or a new feature on the forum) and by this way then people will be encouraged to first answer topics which are based on a question or problem and this will probably save this forum but anyway this thing needs some admins to come around everyday and specify that topics.@contactskn i don't see any type of captcha or admin post moderation right now but i have seen "This topic needs approval from a moderator before it can be shown" when i was trying to create a topic in some specific section (not all categories).

@deadmad7, I'm glad you started this thread and I really do want to help with the Xisto resurrection. I've posted 7 posts so far today. It took me about two hours to type them up and send them across, minus a short tea break and the time I spent in thinking of stuff to write about.@Mahesh2k, offering reduced MyCENTs to older members who participate often is a kind of a penalty and would drive them away rather than keep them on the forum. Sure, they don't need the MyCENTs, but it's the feelings that such a system evokes. I'm sure a couple of members would come back if they were offered the same or higher MyCENT rates than other members.@Contactskn, I haven't had a Captcha or warning either, but I guess it is because I'm mostly responding to existing thread and am not creating new threads. I've always been more of a thread responder than a thread started, but I guess that's the kind of people that the forum needed back then since there were folks creating tons of new topics.@Iniyila, I have been inactive for quite a while but do occasionally come back to check on the forums. I've got an average of 1.36 postings per day but considering that I joined way back in May 2009, it isn't half bad. I don't manage to come up with posts as long as anwii did and I don't make as many posts as Saint Michael did but I think I did manage to come up with what I would guess to be the average across all the members of the forum if you don't count the inactive members with under a dozen posts to the forum.Apart from forum posts, I think we ought to get other parts of the forum active too - post your status updates, set your mood, share some links, hang out in the chat rooms (another thread responder suggested this too, if you scroll up a bit), and post pictures to the gallery. All it takes to get Xisto resurrected and buzzing with activity again.

@Mahesh2k, offering reduced MyCENTs to older members who participate often is a kind of a penalty and would drive them away rather than keep them on the forum. Sure, they don't need the MyCENTs, but it's the feelings that such a system evokes. I'm sure a couple of members would come back if they were offered the same or higher MyCENT rates than other members.

Who says older members don't need mycents? I've been here a year and made about $120-150 mycents and spent most of them and i now i only have about $19 :lol: .

I was just wondering if any and if they are any, how many of you sent a ticket to Xisto - Support or emailed shree/BH/xisto yet about the conditions on Xisto? :)

Sorry for the double post, but I've just posted 11 posts today... and this is the 12th one. I took me like an hour... and i made only 1 liner post but that was good circumstance :lol: I still think that 2-5 posts is not good enough, we don't need like half length posts anymore (they're still good though)... the post quantity is better right now, i mean like when the new members come and see 5 really long posts by 5 people or 50 posts from 5 people, which circumstance will they have better chance to stay?

i beg to differ with your whole theory.1-2 line posts look like spam and will always look like spam. if i was a new member and came to a forum that only had 1-2 liners, i would leave immediately. also, there is something you should know about being a mod here. this forum is not just for the users. it's for the admin to make a little more money. every mod in here except maybe you knows that this forum pushes seo and quality content. you forget that if there is little content, the earning of the forum go down. if the earnings go down, then that is bad for EVERYONE.

i beg to differ with your whole theory.1-2 line posts look like spam and will always look like spam. if i was a new member and came to a forum that only had 1-2 liners, i would leave immediately. also, there is something you should know about being a mod here. this forum is not just for the users. it's for the admin to make a little more money. every mod in here except maybe you knows that this forum pushes seo and quality content. you forget that if there is little content, the earning of the forum go down. if the earnings go down, then that is bad for EVERYONE.

well, not really. its not like google and bing are going to visit this forum and make some posts and keep it active, its going to be the people who visit it. And I didn't mean really short posts, i mean like the one you wrote right now, not too long (to not waste anytime) and not to short (with no information). more posts (like this one and the one thats being quoted) will mean more chances of people staying. I mean, really long posts really don't keep a simple discussion going on for very long, its got to be *average* so that more people can join in.

This thing is really really flawed but.... i think it might work. and not everyone wants a few big posts, most of them want the most opinions on the topic as possible!!!

@Mahesh2k, offering reduced MyCENTs to older members who participate often is a kind of a penalty and would drive them away rather than keep them on the forum. Sure, they don't need the MyCENTs, but it's the feelings that such a system evokes. I'm sure a couple of members would come back if they were offered the same or higher MyCENT rates than other members.

It is already applied to old members and most of the members (like me) are getting 6 cents if posted 12 or more replies. So KS already paying me low, why should i waste my time with serious or so-called quality replies ? Whether you help someone for so long or patiently it never gets appreciated here in terms of mycents. So just stick with mycents is what i think from now on.

I got inspired by anwii's SEO thread where he mentioned about making 10$/day from single micro niche site and i'm focusing on that. If i waste time here talking about 1 year of KS failure then that will bring no positive to my or anyone's life. I'm going to post here at low rate that opaque throws at me, to keep my old domains alive. If you're from india then you know we're being charged 14.28$ per domain from xisto, so why waste time by focusing on forum issues, it's already dead. And opaque is using the content on forums to display on small sites as feed to get backlinks to this site and with or without us, he'll earn from it,it's his network and sites. We as members are nothing for him, it's official.

@ k_nitin_r : what i'm now seeing is that if you go away for a month and then come back and make like 20 posts in two days, you will not get mycents for all of your 20 posts you will get for less of them like 10, so i thought maybe this is a policy from this forum admins to encourage peoples for coming around everyday or at least every week, so i don't say it is good to post everyday i say admins seem to have such an idea. just my experience is that when you come to forum everyday, after some time you get tired because it becomes just like a task that you think you have to do it every day so i'm a little not sure about my previous post which i have said posting 2 - 3 everyday because this maybe led to getting tired of doing this everyday just like other task you do in your daily life (like brushing teeth which is really annoying :D )@ deadmad7 : mycents system is completely random i think, because i can see sometimes i post 8 or 9 replies and it only counts 3 or 4 of them but sometimes it counts all of it. sometimes i make long posts i get less sometimes i make 3 or 4 line posts i get more, i really don't understand how this system is working. i see you have changed your mind about short posts as you mentioned in your profile message and i think short posts will look like spam too which is not good for this forum and can bring its rank down. i think making a long post needs more thinking which is a good thing and can make members read their post twice and correct it more, don't you think so ?@ anwiii : as i always enter the forum as a member i thought it doesn't contain any ads but some day ago i entered it as a guest with a different browser and i saw its ads so i know understand your post meaning :D , actually this forum is amazing on seo when i just post this reply it will be in google search withing some minutes. and after all i should say as every post we make here goes to google very soon and maybe someone search something which leads him to your post so i think making small posts with no or less information will disappoint him from coming again so post your replies in the way that you like someone to respond your topic.

hey, hey a long and useful discussion is happening here and i am TOTALLY AWAY :o. oh god i feel ashamed :blush:. but i must say that i opened Xisto today and intending to post a lot. since i have time today :) but i will try to return to my usual activity (4.5 post per day) now i am only (3.5 per day :( ).and @deadmad thank you a lot for your hard working and trying hard to come up with such great ideas. i admire every word you said here. and i will try to do my share, you know you can count down on me ;).@anwiii you too my friend, you came up with a great ideas and suggestions too. and i agree with you about the SOTW, it should last and be in a periodic amount of time, even if no one enters. and for all members, posting one post or 10 will surely help to save this forums. and i do appreciate any effort will be done in here.

well i wouldn't go so far as to say opaque doesn't care about his members. when Xisto opened to the public, it trasitioned itself to where you see it today. don't make me grab the history of trap and post the link in here. most every long term member has already read it and knows the hard work and dedication it took. i know things are crap and some members need to have a voice or an explaination. but just because things are crap right now shouldn't dictate that opaque doesn't care about his members and has less dedication or working any less. it just means that he may have more important things to do in his personal and business life to acknowledge ONE part of his life right now. but it still doesn't excuse the fact that it only takes 10 minutes to make an announcement here and there or some major flaws in how the forum is being run right now.anyway, i talked to opaque a couple times after the new year. i don't have anything bad to say about his character, but i wish he could just be here sometimes even if it's just once a week to let people know he's still around. he is still around, just lurking in the shadows for now. he asked me not to mention what we talked about, but i just wanted to tell people that he IS still around. he DOES still care about this place and the members here even though his actions really aren't showing that in the ways some people would like.....including me. i have to see beyond certain selfish traits that i have to understand more of what is going on.deadmad started a post and i respect the idea behind it. sometimes it's up to the members to dictate the quality of this forum. without moderator or admin participation. with that said, i hope my suggestions are taken in to consideration when a member logs on. post once a day. it's simple. if there is no good posts to reply to that day, start a new thread. the more people we have thinking this way, the easier it will be to reply to threads in the future without having to think of new topics.