xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Iniyila

My Experiences In Action Games

hello every one

i found that its not a nice job to start a topic for every review that i want to write so i started this topic and i will share with you my experiences with action games. actually i'm a fan of games :D and i think i have played more than 2000 games till now and i'm still playing. you can join me too if you are interested in action games.

the first game that i want to start from is "Half-Life" from valve company. i have played first , second, second-episode one, second-episode two and some related games like counter strike. the first version released in 1998 and in those days the game was the best one in FPS series and if you were a fan of fps in 1990-2000 then you had to play it at least for once. the first game was really amazing, with strange creatures from small to very huge and you had a crank like thing in the first of the game. the enviroment was really scary in first but after some playing it was not scary at all. everything was in a Black Mesa Research Facility and you were trying to find what is going on. the funny part was that hero of the game is a physicist which fights with those creatures. there was a man called "G-MAN" which was a mysterious man and his identity never found in this game series. you can see a picture of him below from the first version (really funny :P) :

Posted Image

anyway game was really great even with some major bugs which exist in counter strike too like passing bullets from walls even 10 walls ! and incredible headshots with some guns even when you are not pointing to enemy head. i think the ending was a little bad because nothing were answered (i don't talk about second version) and there were many questions unanswered. but it was the first fps with so much excitation and many guns and enough ammo ! dor destroying all enemies.

Hello again another game that i want talk about is "Resident Evil" seriesi start with the best one, the first version which really was a revolution in playstation games. the game was very exciting even with those annoying problems in aiming and slow turning of character when you are trying to kill a zombie. actually you can see many games in this type but none of them have the story of RE1, the story was really brilliant on how your team members (Chris and Jill) are trying to find what happened to previous team members and the notes that you find during the game which really helps you to find out what is going on. actually Chris and Jill are the best characters you can see in RE series just like Dante for DMC series.i think the RE3 - nemesis was not good at all, i don't know why the story was really bad and i even don't know why they released that version with a completely different story. but anyway there was a big plus in RE3 game and it was the mercenaries bonus after finishing the game. mercenaries was a small game with little time and some characters to select, and the goal was to getting into specified point on the map and getting a brief case of money. in the way depending on your character you can kill zombies (if you had enough ammo) or you can scape them. this part of game was really amazing, i don't remember which character had a shotgun but with that character i was killing all zombies even with that little ammo. i remember there was some explosion barrels that you have to wait till enough zombies get to it and then explode it and you will earn a lot of time for continuing your way.i played Resident evil Zero too, this version released only for nintendo DS and WII and this is why i played it on one of my friends house. story wasn't bad but again like RE3 story is different i really do not understand why the producers just trying not to keep those two main characters (Jill and Chris) and they are always trying to focus on different characters on every version. the game play is completely like RE1 - 3 and i have to mention the way of saving game using typewriter is just amazing. i never saw a game before RE using typewriter and ink for saving game (i think evil dead had something similar or maybe i'm wrong). as i remember the first version didn't has that 180 degree fast turn which is really helpful but other versions have that one. i like the RE to keep its old fashioned style and do not try to make it a modern game like these two recent version (RE4 & 5) anyway the gameplay and the complete system in this two recent version have changed and they have added free looking aim system which i think is not very good for a RE game. i will say more about RE2 and RE4 - RE5 later so if you see anything wrong or missed in above passages i will be glad to hear and correct that.

Today i will talk about "Resident Evil" too but about second version and those recent ones (4th and 5th).Second version of RE series had some nice improvements, one of the best changes was that you can select between to character (Clair - Chris's sister and Leon) which each of them had a different story so it is two games in one title. other things were nearly same like fixed camera angle and same guns and again a lack of enough ammo which makes you to use your brain for not getting hurt. i think RE2 had the best music in all of these series, music was very detailed and very accurate to game events and from music you can say what is going to happen or what should i do (run or fight!). there were different puzzles for each character and i should say they were not very hard to solve but they made game very enjoyable with both fighting and thinking. in this game you will see Ada Wong for the first time which later appears on other versions (RE4) whom is a mysterious woman which in all versions is trying to get a sample of virus (G-Virus in RE2 and another one in RE4 - i don't remember the name of RE4 virus right now). gameplay is same as first version with a little bit better aiming and you will see more enemies in this one.now about RE4 and RE5, in this two games you first see a story related to Leon trying to rescue president daughter (RE4) and later you will see Chris and Sheva as a team fighting together. i think there is a main bad change in this series and it is the change in camera and aiming system, from RE4 camera is not fixed any more and will be behind shoulder of the character you are controlling and aiming system is changed to free look with a laser beam helping you to aim (which i think they should not implement that in pc version), i really like that old fashioned RE more. anyway you will see more team work in this series as you sometime need to control someone else. you can order your team mate to come or stop and wait or even hide (like ashley in re4). in this series you will see more active zombies actually they can even run, jump, come up the ladders so do not hink you can hide for a long time. even in RE5, in the first thirty minutes of the game there is somewhere that you can see zombies coming from your behind wall (which i think is a bug!). anyway stories are a little different but better than nothing and you can buy things with your collected coins in the game. i think these two versions have never satisfied real RE fans even with that high scores in metacritics. i will not say the end of RE5 since some of you may have not played it yet but if what they have shown in the end is real then nothing left to make another version.

Hello everyoneAnother great game from CAPCOM company is "Devil May Cry" series, today i will talk about first release of this game. DMC : type of these games series are hack and slash which is based most on combats. the first version released only for PS2 so if you want to play it on pc you need to buy a PS2 disk and play it using emulators (i tested, with a medium pc is playable completely). in this game everything should be stylish :D you can destroy your enemies very easily but if you think a little more you can defeat them using combination of actions (combos) which will lead you to get a superb (S) degree in the finishing of the level (time is important too but not as important as combos). as this is from capcom you can expect what type of puzzles are in it, so they will solve very easy. now what is your guns ? actually you can use pistols, shotguns, swords and combine them with some demonic power to increase their deadliest (each of your weapons has a specific name,and if you are familiar my favorite one is blue rose). the story is fine and very nice in the first version, it goes about Dante hunting demons and in the way of taking his parent revenge he will face a lot of problems, Trish is someone who is betrayed Dante and in the end she starts to crying meaning that she is not completely devil because devils never cry. this is the whole story which was really amazing when you play game in 2001. There was a huge problem for me in this game and it was combos, sometimes when you hit a combination of buttons character will do exactly what you expected but most of the times it doesn't, i even changes my joysticks in those days but it was related to game. another problem for me was freezing in the walls, sometimes when i jumped and hit a wall it froze in the wall, this was very annoying too but except for these two problems, i really enjoyed the game. actually its very easy to do some stylish combos in this game even with hitting wrong buttons, just push it and it will do something :D so the excitement is really high and you never feel tired of playing the game. using some demonic power will bring you on top in your fights and you can see how fast you are killing demons. the rank in the end of each level will show you how well you have done it, and i recommend you if you didn't get the S one just try again because it is not very hard to get S just try to use all buttons when you are fighting to keep your hits stylish. use combination of weapons (your sward and pistol) to get a high rank. another thing if you have that made in japan ps2 consoles then you will not see any problem but if yours is not made in japan then game will slow down after 2 or 3 hour of play back so just sit down for a 30 minutes and let your console to cool down. i recommend everyone who have played the 4th version as first playing of these series to play the first version even using emulator because you will never understand what devil may cry means without playing the first version.

Today i will talk about DMC4 (i will talk about DMC2 & 3 later).This game was my first experience of DMC in pc, i was first trying to see if i can work with keyboard playing this game but i found it is very hard to play such a game with keyboard so i just bought a game pad for playing this game and i suggest you that if you want to play this game you should have a game pad other wise forget that "S" rank in the end of level, actually it is not only a s there is double and triple one too like "SSS" which means you have done great you can see these ranks while you do combos too. i don't talk about the story because game is not very old and probably some peoples reading this haven't played it yet and i don't want to ruin the game and specially the end of game which i can say it was fair enough. The main character in this game is "Nero" but don't think that you will miss Dante because he is in this game too and even in some part of them main story you have to play as him. The time i played as Dante was greatest part of this game i nearly get all the "S" ranks with this character, he is magical in combos and stylish attacks. As i played the game i never like the identity of nero but i always appreciate dante identity. In some occasions you have to protect "Kyrie" (another character of game which in the end ... no forget it i will not say the story :D) which are really boring because time is important so you don't have enough time for killing enemies stylish and you have to kill them fast with the most fastest hits which is the regular sward actions. In this game you have two type of credits for buying things one is that popular Red Orbs and the other one is proud souls. Nero has a Devil Bringer ability but i will not talk about his abilities so much because Dante is waiting, now if you have played DMC3 then you are familiar with Dante styles, in this game you can fast switch between Dante's styles with you pad buttons and you can hear a voice saying the name of each style you choose very stylish B) . i was hoping we can see Dante more in this game but he is only available for some missions and his abilities are not upgrading by fighting and you need to buy upgrades, i like to see the mixture of fast switch between styles and styles upgrading system of DMC3 and a whole game about Dante , this will probably be the most beautiful DMC that they can produce. Smokin' Sick Style this is a superb rank that you can earn if you do your attacks stylish and very clear. may you find it hard to get a "SSS" rank first in the game but just wait you play as Dante and you will find what a fast stylish attack can be like. so i think this game could be very better if they were made two version of it, one with nero and other one just with Dante (like old PS games which were 2 disc like RE2) then that was great but anyway the game was really amazing and very amusement.

For today i will talk about "F.E.A.R." (First Encounter Assault Recon) but most people say it as Fear.Fear was one of the best horror games i have played till now and it was really a great game. it was a beautiful combination of an regular FPS game with some ghosts and some strange events like the character getting mad sometimes or some flashback like scenes. Sound effects were really amazing, you sometime here a laughing girl or sometimes an scream or crying. if you have played this game then you should remember that girl that appears through the game as a ghost (Alma) which were mother of the main character and the other character (Fettel). anyway the story is based on finding that these two characters are Alma's sons and Alma is trying to get her revenge of the company for prisoning her. My favorite feature in the game was reflex time which slows down the whole enemies except you (so not completely same as max payne game if you think of), in this feature you will see how nice is graphics made. you can see bullets in the air as well as glasses braking and other things (i know you can see this things in mane new game but remember game released in October 2005). The area of fighting is really scary and those sudden events that happens in the game will scare you for the first time and you can see some inspiration from those japanese horror movies with a girl with very tall hairs in this game (Do not ever play this game using cheats because it will loose all of its excitement). game is more based on face to face or close combats and less on shooting from far distances but sometimes you can kill enemies from far distance if you have enough ammo. Artificial intelligence was really good in this game as you see your enemies trying to kill you with every way they can, they even push objects to fall on you so do not think they are fool, but i found the gameplay is not so hard and you will not loose easily. all features in the game will make you happy and feeling that you are the hero. So i heavily suggest this game to horror game fans (if you have enjoyed Doom 3 then you will enjoy this too with a little different type of scaring), as many other games the story is just good for the first version and in the second one they have just destroyed the story with some non necessary ending. anyway enjoy this game.

no one replies anything in this topic but the viewcount shows that at least somebodies are seeing this topic which is enough for me :D. today i will talk about another game, "Freedom Fighters" maybe not very popular but it was very nice game that i have played it two times.Freedom Fighters is 3rd person shooter with not a very well graphic but nice team work. orders you can say to your team are not very detailed and actually you can only say stay here and defend or follow me or attack. Stroy is not a big plus but not a bad one too, its about you fighting with russian soldiers (Red Army) which have occupied N.Y. city. There is a scoring system which you have to do anything for defending and resist against those fighters and nearly become a hero to get your score up, fighting huge number of enemies with only 3 - 5 team mates with some more realistic situations (not just like Half Life or F.E.A.R. which you can fight unbelievable number of soldiers by yourself). actually if you don't think before starting your fight you will probably loose all of your team mates soon because enemies are often just like you and not too much weak. all of the story goes in the N.Y. streets and so you can fight with your enemies in houses or on the streets using barrels and cars as stronghold. in the game you can get more team mates from streets by finding some injured russian soldiers, i never had built a huge team but it seems you can get up to 12 team mate (i never got more than 7 because game will get crowded and all of them will die because of their low artificial intelligence). Anyway if you get back to 2003 you will find this game as the best squad-based game with nice artificial intelligence of your squad, i can say you team mate will kill many enemies without getting injured and if i want to compare their artificial intelligence to some other game then i can say it is same to Gears of War which came 3-4 years later. maybe till here you are thinking what have made me to like this game so much, then i should say game design will let you to thinking of being a squad leader, actually game designed so accurate that will not ever let you getting bored. actually i found that some reviews has said this game was very nice in graphic but i really don't remember that nice graphic at all maybe i have forgotten :blink: . The whole game thanks to its music had a real drama environment which is completely different from other shooter games and makes you thinking about being more responsible for your teammates injuries and do your best to keep them alive during the game.if you haven't play it yet go and give it a try, in these years i haven't seen any good alternative for this game so it will be a different experience for you and don't think about that the game is very old because even with its age it is still the best game in its kind.

Do check out 'aliens' game if you get the oldest version. I found this console based version of game and i don't remember the title of the game as it's been modified by users. This game was for to play under dosbox. Not sure how many people call dosbox legal because of that. It's just that way i played using dosbox. If you like aliens and predator game then do try this, i'm sure you'll love it.

Do check out 'aliens' game if you get the oldest version. I found this console based version of game and i don't remember the title of the game as it's been modified by users. This game was for to play under dosbox. Not sure how many people call dosbox legal because of that. It's just that way i played using dosbox. If you like aliens and predator game then do try this, i'm sure you'll love it.

nice to see you around, i was thinking i'm the only one ever knows that this topic exists :D, i don't know if i have played it or no because the only thing i remember is "Aliens: A Comic Book Adventure" which i played under DOS, but i will search to see what is the game you are talking about.

Today i want to talk about "Far Cry" another FPS game which only released for PC. In all of FPS games i have played till now this was the hardest one, i mean in some games you can choose an easy mode to reduce damages and enemies intelligence but in this game with normal level you will face many hard situations. actually if you ask me, i can say maybe it is the hardest FPS game released till now. an in this game there is a stage you have to run from 20 or more creatures because you have no gun (the main character gets kicked from helicopter with a gun which had i think 10 bullets and first you will face a creature that you have to use all of you power to defeat that one with just 10 bullets and then you have to run from others :D).

I should say even with it being so hard, its very enjoyable while playing. there are many guns in the game with not a very detailed story (they didn't insist on story too much) and many things to do, you can ride a boat or a car and many other things. the game map is so extended and you can finish your objectives in any manner you want, some of them needs a clean and quite plan but also you can go for killing all creatures and continue your mission, so it depends on you but if you want more excitement then go for killing all enemies. don't think if you can do all things quite then it should not be a hard game because some missions are indoor and you have only one way and most of the time you have to kill many creatures which are very fast!

One of very amazing features in this game is binoculars which do not act as others you have seen, as you see enemies with it you can hear them too, which is very helpful sometimes. but enemies are very intelligent, if one of them sees you its enough to get surround by many of them, so if he saw you, you should kill him before he informs other ones. The game is very beautiful and needs very fast reactions for surviving. i destroyed a mice during playing this game and i'm glad that i have played this great game.

Game of today is "Tekken" do you heard it ? if you have played your games always in PC the maybe you haven't heard of that but if you have played your games in consoles then you probably have played it at least for once. This game is a fighting game (like mortal combat) which means if you want to enjoy it then you have to invite your friend to your home because playing it with a bot is not enjoyable at all, the game that i want to talk about is "Tekken 3" which i think was the greatest from tekken series. Tekken 3 released for PS one but later we saw it on tekken 5 too as a part of the game for PS two. as other tekken series you can not find any amazing story or any story at all because as i said this game is a game to be played with your friend so do not think it is a good game for playing in single player mode, you can play it in single player but only for training and getting your skills higher. In this version you can choose your character from many characters (23 ones i think) and i can say they are the best characters that you can see in any tekken series. most people will find their favorite character soon and will train with it to do combos and tricks and so i choose my favorite too, my favorite character is Paul Phoenix with golden fists and many movesets with huge damages. Playing this game will destroy your game pad because you have to use all of the buttons at the same time and even you will face problems because lack of enough buttons so you sometimes have to press three buttons at the same time, so everyone in home whom is watching you will start laughing when you are trying to do a special trick :D, but it is not bad at all because it means this game is not only challenging your brain it challenges your hands so it is some type of sport too !Why i like tekken 3 more than others ? some reasons maybe are better graphic and better characters with very amazing features but i think the most reason is that i was in the right age when i played the third version, you know some games need a specific range of age and i played the third version in the right age, i really enjoyed it when i was playing it with my friends in front of TV but a i grow older and tekken 5 released for ps2 we didn't enjoyed so much not because of game being bad because we were older. anyway i still sometimes play tekken 5 with my friends when the come to my house and we still enjoy it and we find it a lot more amusing than playing chess together :P so i suggest you to play it with your friends too , if you don't have a game console then you can play it on pc using emulators and two game pads but bigger screen twices the fun .

hello again, today i will talk about "Quake" have you heard it ? you probably have because it is very old game. the first version released in 1996 and different companies released it for different platforms. in the first version your mission was to stopping an enemy named quake as the most games of those years, there is not a detailed story. they even didn't call their main character so it is unnamed till the end of the game. i will not talk about this version so much because i think most of you have played it and know that how great was this game when you where playing it in DOS or in win95 or later in other windows using WinQuake.I want to talk about Quake III which impressed many FPS lovers in 1999, if you search this title you will find many high ranks for this title showing how amazing it was in 1999 (like 9.2 from gamespot ), it released a year after half life released so people were trying to find an alternative to their great experience with HL and they just find it, Quake III was a real alternative for those who finished half life. Game was really good in graphics comparing to games of that year, there were huge collection of guns in the game, i think this was the first game with no software render support so your graphic card had to support openGL otherwise you couldn't play it. game plot was ame as unreal tournament meaning that there was not a story, you have to choose some types like being a team and defeating another team or 1 vs 1 mode so it was completely based on multiplayer not single player. if you are a fan of unreal tournament series then you probably have liked Quake III too because the plot was completely same but with a lot better graphic and character response than that version of unreal tournament released in that year.As half life in this game guns were a lot different too, so you had to choose your gun based in your abilities like if you are better in far distance shooting then you had to choose between two guns. some years later they release the full source of this game which made it a real engine for making some games for linux operating systems. anyway game were really great but i never played it with any friend and i just played it with bots but i can say if you play it with a friend then you can enjoy it more. game was free of any annoying bugs and was very fine in control and defeating your enemies. i was expecting they to release some other versions after quake IV but it seems they do not want to make any of these great series, anyway if you haven't played any of these series you can play the fourth version which is still available for buying or you can get third version for free.

The game i want to talk about it is "Unreal Tournament" which is another great old FPS game. it first released for PC in 1999 and later in 2000 for PS2, i played it on pc and it is a multiplayer deathmatch game so it was a new experience for fps lovers in that year which later continued in some other games like Quake III. Artificial intelligence of bots were great in this game with different levels for their skills, and like counter strike which released many years later there were many different guns to choose and some different characters. there is a mode named "Capture the Flag" which as it says you have to go to your enemies base and capture their flags and return it to your base. this mode was my favorite mode which i played it a lot. Don't expect bots A.I. to be like these modern games (like Battle Field Bad Company 2) but if you want to compare their A.I. to Half Life then you will see a great difference which was why most people played this game even in those years when internet connection wasn't available for all people to play it online with their other friends so a good bot was really a big thing that all of unreal tournament series are relying on it. The game environment was not very big in the maps but enough for enjoying even shooting from far distances, aiming system was great even in the first version and it was like real (against its name :D). this game was cross platform which made it a real multiplayer game, it was even available for MAC so another reason of it getting popular is this. many mods written for this game for playing it on online severs which even made its mods comparable to counter strike which is currently having a huge number of mods. Guns were balanced meaning that if you pick a very strong one it will reload and shoot slow and will slow down your running speed but if you pick up a less powerful one it will shoot and reload faster and you will run faster with it. Design of maps and characters was brilliant comparing to FPS games of 1999 which made this game playable for long time so when you login to a server for playing you will see peoples playing with you for all of the night and no one get tired if it has enough time. bug were little too, sometimes you stuck in a wall or in air but those will not happen regularly and maybe in 20 hour of playing you do not stuck any where. there were a "Domination" mode which were needed a great team work , you had to capture some points on the map so every member of you team had to get one and it was really great experience.

the game i want to talk about it today is "Doom" series, Doom it was not the first FPS game but it was really a revolution in FPS game series with it amazing features.In Doom 1 , you don't feel game to be a real 3D but it was a nice try to make things seems like 3D, it released in 1993 so you could probably think how the graphic was but the game was really fun with the face of character in bottom of the screen which gets bloody if you get hurt and do not get health packs. objective was only finding a door named "EXIT" and when you get in it the mission ends. there were some hidden places too, some of them had a different wall comparing to other walls of the environment so when you get in front of that different one it opens with something in it as a secret prize. As the game is from 1993 then do not expect to get a story or demo while you are playing game, you even do not know the name of the character because they haven't implement such a thing in the game. there were some weapons and because all of enemies are not shooting then there was a chainsaw available too (really handy in some situations and it is really powerful for killing enemies) and other guns like pistols and shotguns. there were some features in the game which were really exciting like your health indicator getting up from 100 percent when you get special things. the environment of game was a little violent so kids were not very satisfied with this game. many modes released for this game which made it playable through internet later and many games based on its engine later (because producers of this game released its source freely) so it was a real revolution in FPS games. a year later another version of game released naming Doom II with a little better graphics. there was a new gun in the game "Super Shotgun" which was really powerful and most people enjoyed this new gun during the game. the game was more like some additional maps to the first game but it was very fun to play it just like its first version. anyway in the third version all things changed and you will probably now Doom 3 which i will talk about later.

the game i want to review today is "Doom 3".As i said in my previous post Doom was a revolution in FPS games and Doom3 was in the same way too, it got high ranks in game review websites such as gamespot and it sold many in its year. it released in 2004 and they even released a linux version which was a surprise for linux users which were able to play such a great game in linux. Game environment is horror and very enjoyable and a story exist in game so you can understand what is going on but again game is not relied on its story too much and even without seeing any cutsence you will understand the whole story by just seeing the opening and the end. i have seen in many reviews they have said this game is story-driven but i didn't think like them and i think the story only exists for saying it has a story and nothing else but this will not reduce its excitement, the game is very well built with many guns, spaces and different demons so you will experience just a nice FPS game as you expect.Game is so dark and with a nice music it is a complete horror game and exactly when you think no enemy will come in such a place you will be under attack soon :D, also your radio is a nice thing to scare you more because most of the time you hear others dying. there are some characters you will see during the game and this was a nice approach in FPS game to see some peoples survived during a real horror game. enemies come sudden but do not attack fast because there is a gap between you see an enemy and getting killed by it to giving you enough time for getting ready for shooting. blood is everywhere in game as some of enemies are zombies meaning that they are humans which are under control and so they are very bloody and maybe game is not very suitable for kids. Multiplayer in the original game is only capable of handling four players at the same time but with some extensions i played it using 7 of my friends and it was really enjoyable. there is a team deathmatch mode which is the greatest mode in the multiplayer which when you are using extension for playing with other 7 people then game will be started with two teams with four players each and like just other FPS game you have to kill other team members, by the way game is not a complete multiplayer game because in those days Doom3 was a heavy game and so they haven't worked on its multiplayer mode too much but it is a great experience to play it with some friends. in multiplayer mode game is not horror anymore and with some beautiful musics you will really enjoy the game. They have said another version "Doom 4" is under production but i have heard it from 2008 so when they will release it ? it is now 3 years, so i hope the release the next version soon because it is a really nice game to play.

Hello again, today i will say a little about "Counter Strike".I think anyone here has heard its name at least once, its very popular online multiplayer game which doesn't need a high speed connection and is even playable using a dial-up connection. the game is based on two teams, one of them is terrorists and the other one is counter terrorists which each team is expandable up to 16 players. the goal of the game depends on the map you are in, in some you have to rescue some people (which is goal of counter terrorists ) or in some others the goal is to placing a bomb (which is goal of terrorists) and in every condition the other team has to not allow the other team reach to that goal (like defusing bomb or keeping hostages).The game is so popular mostly because of its nice maps and no need of high speed connection and being just like half life. the guns is mostly same as half life game and most of the times you have to use sniper or AK47 (if you are in terrorist team) or M4A1 (if you are in counter terrorist team) ,you can use other guns too but professional players mostly use these ones i have said. the game has a voice chat function which you can talk to your team mates during every round and so you can say them about enemies you have seen or dangerous places and guide each other to get win. the game is very light and can be run on a very low performance PC. the servers do not need a very high bandwidth and if you have a 4 mbits up and down connection then you can easily run a 32 player server yourself and enjoy having a dedicated server for playing this game with your friends.As the game is very old and there are many peoples playing it for years so there are many tricks in the game which all are somehow a bug in the game which lets you to do a special thing without cheating. professional players are knowing some of them, one of the tricks which i use more than others is silent run, you can do it by pressing duck key twice just in right time while running so you will produce three times less sound than normal running and it will be nice when you are trying to fool the enemies. another trick which is a little harder and is not very useful in all maps is "Russian Walk" which makes your jumping speed a lot of faster and enemies can not aim at you easily. there are many other tricks but some of them are really useful and others are not (like that popular matrix jump).There are some problems playing this game online and it is cheaters which will really ruin the game, some servers have extra softwares like SXE-injected for protecting their servers from cheating players but those are not working completely too. but anyway some active admins in the server will be really helpful and they will ban cheaters immediately so you can enjoy your game more. the game is really addictive and can make you play it hours and hours without eating which is really bad, but if you haven't played it yet then go and give it a try but remember to pick crowded servers because they have more fun than the small ones.