xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dsjoes

Error Message Help

Yeah your right. I didn't look at the entire code and just pasted the whole block in. the

unlink('../admin/testimonial_files/' . $row['Download']);
line you can delete I think because its not needed? if you look at http://php.net/manual/en/function.unlink.php this method deletes a file and I don't remember you mentioning there was any files you also needed deleting. If you do need to delete a file as well then you can paste that line back into the loop block.

Edit: I just looked at your code again and by the looks of it you only want to be deleting (unlinking) the file if the user submits a delete post right? If that is the case then you would need to do:

<?php// Set Global Vars$HOST = "database";$USERNAME = "sonint99";$PASSWORD = "C2sHF9Zxq3ULXCTV";$DATABASE = "Random";$TABLE = "Testimonials";// Establish a connectionmysql_connect($HOST, $USERNAME, $PASSWORD) or die(mysql_error());mysql_select_db($DATABASE) or die(mysql_error());//==================================================================// Check if anything is posted//==================================================================if (isset($_POST['delete'])) {    $sql = ("delete from $TABLE where ");    for ($i = 0; $i < count($_POST['checkbox']); $i++) {        if ($i != 0) {            $sql.= "OR ";        }        $sql .= " id='" . $_POST['checkbox'][$i] . "'";        //==================================================================        // Select file to unlink based on id posted        //==================================================================        $sql_file_unlink = "select Download from $TABLE where id = {$_POST['checkbox'][$i]}";        $result_file_unlink =  mysql_query($sql_file_unlink);        $row_file_link = mysql_fetch_assoc($result_file_unlink);        if($row_file_link) {             unlink('../admin/testimonial_files/' . $row_file_link['Download']);        }        //==================================================================    }    $result = mysql_query($sql);    header('Location: index.php');    exit;} else {    // select sql here    $sql = "select * from `$TABLE` order by `id`;";    $result = mysql_query($sql);}?><table  align="center" width="400" border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0">     <tr>      <td colspan="6" align="center"><strong>Testimonials</strong> </td>    </tr>    <tr>        <td><form name="delete" method="post" action="<?php echo $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] ?>">                <table width="400" border="1" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1">                    <tr>                        <td align="center"><strong>Select</strong></td>                        <td align="center"><strong>ID</strong></td>                        <td align="center"><strong>Name</strong></td>                        <td align="center"><strong>Description</strong></td>                        <td align="center"><strong>Download</strong></td>                        <td align="center"><strong>Last Modified</strong></td>                    </tr>                    <?php $row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result); ?><?php do { ?>                        <tr>                            <td align="center">                                <input name="checkbox[]" type="checkbox" id="checkbox[]" value="<?php echo $row['id']; ?>">                            </td>                            <td align="center"><?php echo $row['id']; ?></td>                            <td align="center"><?php echo $row['Name']; ?></td>                            <td align="center"><?php echo $row['Message']; ?></td>                            <td align="center"><a href="/admin/testimonial_files/<?php echo $row['Download']; ?>">Download</a></td>                            <td align="center"><?php echo $row['Modified']; ?></td>                        </tr>                      <?php                      } while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result)); ?>                        <tr>                            <td colspan="6" align="center"><input name="delete" type="submit" id="delete" value="Delete"></td>                        </tr>                    </table>                </form>            </td>        </tr>    </table><?php 

I hope that's what you wanted. I removed some variables as it seems like they arnt being used like the delete id from the submit button.

Thankyou it works :D