xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
NNNOOOOOO

Xubuntu 10.04 Can't Connect To Internet

I installed Xubuntu on a laptop today, and it can't connect to internet. It is using some type of wireless card (not usb). It can "see" the router but can't connect. The router is WPA(?) encrypted. I can't get into the router settings because I don't have the required information to do so.I know the pass code, and I enter it correctly, but it keeps asking for it. It gives up after 2 tries. I know the card works, because windows can use it and connect. HALP!!!

I installed Xubuntu on a laptop today, and it can't connect to internet. It is using some type of wireless card (not usb). It can "see" the router but can't connect. The router is WPA(?) encrypted. I can't get into the router settings because I don't have the required information to do so.
I know the pass code, and I enter it correctly, but it keeps asking for it. It gives up after 2 tries. I know the card works, because windows can use it and connect. HALP!!!

I don't know a solution but if you don't find an answer here remember to try at the ubuntuforums they are very helpful with Ubuntu issues.

Never mind, I was putting the wrong password. I was putting T instead of Y.

Dang - Dr. Rob recommends more coffee.