xisto Community
web_designer

Is The Forum Loads Slow For Everyone!? [resolved]

somedays after 4 pm (GMT) i can not load forum at all with my current connection but when i use u.s.a vpn forum loads very fat without any problem, this is very strange but it seems when servers load are getting high they refuse or slow bandwidth for some range of ips, but the time which is needed for a reply to be submitted always takes me a long time even if i came to forum using vpn. i also faced same problem in other hours of day too, sometimes in the morning or sometimes in late night but most of them was in time between 4 pm gmt to 8pm gmt. i also tried several times to enter to myKS chat but i haven't succeed yet, it takes too much time and nothing happens.i have facing another problem these days and it is when i post a reply i still see the previous topic without my post in it and i have to use ctrl+f5 to see my reply in the topic. i have cleared cache, change browser and etc but nothing worked maybe it's related to my isp.

well, i must say that today is the first day since the last week that the forums load fast and smoothly to me. and this is really a great advance :P. good work opaque, i know you are trying to fix things here, i hope you will do more. i will be waiting for more from you, good luck and hope the better comes as soon as possible.

The forums are being slow for me, too. Almost each page is taking 20+ seconds to load. Some of the JavaScript seems to not be working also.

Okay, let's all calm down here. We don't fight each other here, we fight our common enemy, Xisto. :lol:I think it's time to push the *BLEEP* aside and unite a little bit to make this place better instead of fighting over who is drunk.And I, being the judge and the wise man here, declare anwiii was drunk.It's true web_designer has bad grammar, but her text still makes sense, and that post did make sense to me at least. So you win, wd.Now excuse me I'm off to read some German. Have a joyful new year and make sure you check the chatroom once in a while... or else.Put this in code tags because I would qualify this as spam. Although I don't believe in morals, so I don't know why I'm even doing this..

are you drunk?!?!?

are you drunk?!?!?

:P well, if i don't know him, i will say he is :D. but he is not, because he is bani and he is trying to make things easier for all of us here in his own special charming way :) i really admire this young man. and after all this fun discussion i must say that the forums are better than before but still not loading as usual.

Use ad-block plus and block some images and JS that is going on the site. By doing this you'll speed up things a bit. I removed many images from the IPB and that way speed is slowly increasing. I also blocked gallery from my views by blocking the folder in ad-block plus. If you're browsing KS from now on, just turn on the ad-block plus for forum.

Use ad-block plus and block some images and JS that is going on the site. By doing this you'll speed up things a bit. I removed many images from the IPB and that way speed is slowly increasing. I also blocked gallery from my views by blocking the folder in ad-block plus. If you're browsing KS from now on, just turn on the ad-block plus for forum.

I suggest just getting the newest version of Opera and installing it. It comes out with a built in ad blocker, much more simple. It also has a web page and image compressor that you can use to speed up the loading of webpages, the images look a little weird but its not that noticeable. If you are more advanced, i think that you can use chrome and firefox plugin combinations to achieve the same effect.

Thanks. I'm not a opera user so using ad-block plus on firefox. Things are already slow here for me because of GPRS access and plugin_container.exe, which is very annoying bug. I just don't know how to get rid of that and if i didn't able to get rid of then there is no other option than using chrome or opera.That add-on is annoying and also gives me some glitches sometimes. Didn't know that opera comes with online ad-blocker. If that's the case then i see my adsense revenue going down with some users on my blog. :D

well no mahesh, even if you are not one of opera's fans. but do it for yourself, as i did. i just tested that personally. forums and chat room are loading more faster in opera than firefox. try it yourself and you will see a huge different. after all, this is the same old reason that forced me to switch to opera, and i wonder why is the forum more fast and friendly in opera more than firefox??

well no mahesh, even if you are not one of opera's fans. but do it for yourself, as i did. i just tested that personally. forums and chat room are loading more faster in opera than firefox. try it yourself and you will see a huge different. after all, this is the same old reason that forced me to switch to opera, and i wonder why is the forum more fast and friendly in opera more than firefox??

No, Opera and Internet Explorer are the worst viewers for this forum, firefox is pretty good but Chrome (and other chromium builds) render this forum perfectly! In opera and internet explorer, (well at least for me) the tabs on the top (forums,member,portal,etc.) are just green blocks and the ajax thingy that pops out when you click your name on the top and the status messages don't work most of the time. The only thing they are good for is the CHAT, because in Firefox and Chrome, when you use the chat if a new message is posted, instead of scrolling down, it scrolls up. So its pretty annoying... what i did, as i use chrome, was to install a IE tab plugin and set it up so the chat link always opens up the IE tab and everything is normal chrome. @mahesh what browser are you using now?

No, Opera and Internet Explorer are the worst viewers for this forum, firefox is pretty good but Chrome (and other chromium builds) render this forum perfectly! In opera and internet explorer, (well at least for me) the tabs on the top (forums,member,portal,etc.) are just green blocks and the ajax thingy that pops out when you click your name on the top and the status messages don't work most of the time. The only thing they are good for is the CHAT, because in Firefox and Chrome, when you use the chat if a new message is posted, instead of scrolling down, it scrolls up. So its pretty annoying... what i did, as i use chrome, was to install a IE tab plugin and set it up so the chat link always opens up the IE tab and everything is normal chrome. @mahesh what browser are you using now?

oh really?? this is weird. because i remember that i switched to opera just to open the forums without slow loading or lagging in chat room. in firefox (my favorite browser ever) the forums had many slow loading and the chat room is hardly work correctly, so i installed opera just to use it for the forums. maybe it is all about the version of opera, the first version i installed was 10, and now i am working on 11.01. try to upgrade it and see if you have the same problems.

i never had the problems like you did with the chat room and the regular forum, wd and i was always using firefox. i will tell you this much though, the forum is loading SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW now. it's probably loading slow no matter what browser people are using. it's not a browser issue. it's a forum issue. i hope the ghost of Xisto past will be working on this issue soon. it's really annoying :)

in the meantime, i will create a top 10 list off the top of my head....

Top 10 things to do while the forum is loading!

10. get something to eat or drink and come back

9. pet your dog or cat

8. think about all the productive things you can be doing rather than waiting for the forum to load

7. bite your nails

6. vacuum the house

5. look up and ask god, "why me"....and ask him if he's punishing you for something

4. go outside and dance around naked

3. curse at the computer screen or just throw the whole computer out the window

2. keep reminding yourself why you wanted to log on in the first place

and the #1 thing to do while the forum is loading is...... DRUM ROLL.....

TAKE A NAP!

just after pressing "Add Reply" button till i see the page for writing this message it exactly took me 2:31 for loading the reply page which is not so nice because if you want to do that 10 post in a day you have to only wait 25 for loading of every reply page! by the way i have seen you guys come up with some advices for doing things when you are waiting for the page to load and i can give you a suggestion, if you are using opera then under notification settings you can specify a .wav file for playing when the page loads completely so you don't need to maximize your browser every minute to see if the page is loaded or no and if you are using fire fox you can use "Navigational Sounds" extension for doing that thing, i think this thing can be don in IE too but as i don't use it so i don't know how.the things i have done till now during forum loads consist of : getting a little sleep, actually this is a good thing to do because when you wake up you will understand it is an hour passed so you can be completely sure that the forum has loaded :D . i have made a full backup of my hard drive during forum loads so i don't worry about loosing my OS anymore because i have all thing i need. i have changed my room light bulb yesterday when the forum was loading, so i should thank from this website loading speed because if it was not slow then probably my light bulb was still not working. and at the time i was waiting for current reply i bought a pizza using telephone for eating as dinner.and i planned to do some other things in the next loadings like washing my cloths and maybe if the forum loads still slow in the summer i will paint walls of my room during load times. i want to get some chips on my desk for eating while i'm watching football during forum loads and many other things to do in these great times.i should say i was thinking disabling java script will increase speed of loading but i got no improvement so do not try that because it is not working , images are not a problem too because in the reply page there is no image but as i said it takes so much time to load so it doesn't related to images. myKS chat is not even loading any more for me i don't know why but it keeps saying "The page can not be displayed".

@mahesh what browser are you using now?

Using Chrome at home and FF at workplace. They don't allow me to use chrome because software installation requires password from the manger. So at home using chrome and it is terribly slow as add-on chrome for ad-blocking is worst. I don't want to block ads actually. I prefer to block images which takes time to load this forum. Disabled some images using another plugin and speed is kinda ok. You should also disable images in order to get some better speed. I think there is some server glitch for IPB and it's noticed which is giving some lag in performance. Lol@anwii's 10 things to do.

i never had the problems like you did with the chat room and the regular forum, wd and i was always using firefox. i will tell you this much though, the forum is loading SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW now. it's probably loading slow no matter what browser people are using. it's not a browser issue. it's a forum issue. i hope the ghost of Xisto past will be working on this issue soon. it's really annoying :)

in the meantime, i will create a top 10 list off the top of my head....

Top 10 things to do while the forum is loading!

10. get something to eat or drink and come back

9. pet your dog or cat

8. think about all the productive things you can be doing rather than waiting for the forum to load

7. bite your nails

6. vacuum the house

5. look up and ask god, "why me"....and ask him if he's punishing you for something

4. go outside and dance around naked

3. curse at the computer screen or just throw the whole computer out the window

2. keep reminding yourself why you wanted to log on in the first place

and the #1 thing to do while the forum is loading is...... DRUM ROLL.....

TAKE A NAP!

hahaaa, these are so useful and funny things to do anwiii, glade to see you that you didn't lose your sense of humor (except for no. 4 of course) and unfortunately, the forums returned loading slow again that i can do all what you mentioned before :D.

but normally, i prefer open other tabs in my browser and do some work here and there, like checking my site, or checking my email. or even do some shopping on line.