xisto Community
web_designer

Is The Forum Loads Slow For Everyone!? [resolved]

i am wondering am i the only one or the forum loads very slow to all of you???the whole last week i was hardly could open Xisto, it loads very slow that i feel boring from waiting and then close the whole page.add to that every time i log in the forum logged me off and when i log in again it keeps me online. and always i get a page of error when i log in the first time. so i really want to know, is this happening to everyone or it is just me?? maybe the forum doesn't like me anymore and decided to piss me off :D.and by the way, i tested my network connection and it works fine, all other websites load fast for me only the forum, i even checked that in many browsers. and what the weird thing is, all that happened in a sudden. therefor i am wondering what is going on here??

i am wondering am i the only one or the forum loads very slow to all of you???the whole last week i was hardly could open Xisto, it loads very slow that i feel boring from waiting and then close the whole page.

add to that every time i log in the forum logged me off and when i log in again it keeps me online. and always i get a page of error when i log in the first time. so i really want to know, is this happening to everyone or it is just me?? maybe the forum doesn't like me anymore and decided to piss me off :D.

and by the way, i tested my network connection and it works fine, all other websites load fast for me only the forum, i even checked that in many browsers. and what the weird thing is, all that happened in a sudden. therefor i am wondering what is going on here??

Yea, the forum is working all crappy for everyone. Maybe shree moved it to a slower server or something... I don't know. I don't think I care anymore, I mean who am I to care when the administrator doesn't?! Let's all move to better forum with a maintainer that actually maintains their website and doesn't consciously try to destroy it, I say. There are other post-for-hosting forums out there, I hear...

Sad to hear the forum pissed you off too, but it was about the time! :lol:

i have no problem with speed of loading right now but sometimes it takes to much for me to post a reply (like 3 minutes or so) and sometimes a page doesn't load completely (like just right now which some of editor buttons aren't available). about "stay signed in" option i should say it never worked for me ever, every time i came online i have to login and it remains logged in until i restart my pc. i found that forum is much faster with opera browser than firefox and IE and i'm very surprised because every IPB forum (except this one) loads faster with FF than ie and opera.

yeah it is weird how forums work fine in every browser except firefox. i even couldn't enter the chat room in firefox. and it is sad to face such a problem right now because the forums are hardly active the last few months. i really hope things will change soon. thanks for your reply guys.

Yes, It loads very slowly for me too.. my net connection is somewhat slow, and Xisto is taking ages to load... other sites are loading somewhat at reasonable speed, but ks is really slow.. admin has to look at it once... and that stay logged in not working for me too after the forum upgrade.. I have to manually login every time when i open the site..that doesn't concerns me much.. but the forums speed is very disturbing. :(

I have to say that I have no problems with staying logged in (I'm using opera 10.x). I recommend checking your browser's cookie settings and setting them to not delete session cookies after a browser shutdown. In any other case I don't know what is wrong with it on your side. Mine is working well, though.To comment on the speed again, it seems it has to something to do with the forum ajax code (status updates, comments, member settings drop-down menu etc) or the server the site gets its ajax code from, as I sometimes see it's not loading completely.

I have to say that I have no problems with staying logged in (I'm using opera 10.x). I recommend checking your browser's cookie settings and setting them to not delete session cookies after a browser shutdown. In any other case I don't know what is wrong with it on your side. Mine is working well, though.
To comment on the speed again, it seems it has to something to do with the forum ajax code (status updates, comments, member settings drop-down menu etc) or the server the site gets its ajax code from, as I sometimes see it's not loading completely.

i have found the problem with not staying logged in, there is a problem with new beta firefox version 4 and opera 10.63 i downgraded my firefox to 3.6.13 and there is no problem with staying signed in anymore but the problem with opera 10.63 exists. i have checked any cookie or password saving related options in opera but it doesn't keep me signed in. about forum not loading completely it doesn't load completely in Firefox 3.6.13 either and if i hit ctrl+f5 i get server error about two times and for the third try i again get the incomplete page again. anyway if you disable the images while loading forum it will load with superb speed.

is this is what this forum has come to? the fastest moving thread are comments about "yes, it's loading slow for me too"? hahahabtw- you're not alone. it's loading slow for me too. this thread got me excited that the forum might just be picking up! :D

is this is what this forum has come to? the fastest moving thread are comments about "yes, it's loading slow for me too"? hahaha
btw- you're not alone. it's loading slow for me too. this thread got me excited that the forum might just be picking up! :D

yeah i noticed that too :) this thread has some replies more than many threads do these days. and it is sad to say that complaining about the forums is better than not talking at all. really hope things will be better soon.

are you drunk?!? i didn't understand a word you said

if you are not anwiii, then guess who is the drunk here????

also i am against drinking you know, i only drink milk and nescafe when writing in the forums :) .

if you are not anwiii, then guess who is the drunk here????
also i am against drinking you know, i only drink milk and nescafe when writing in the forums :) .

Okay, let's all calm down here. We don't fight each other here, we fight our common enemy, Xisto. :lol:I think it's time to push the *BLEEP* aside and unite a little bit to make this place better instead of fighting over who is drunk.And I, being the judge and the wise man here, declare anwiii was drunk.It's true web_designer has bad grammar, but her text still makes sense, and that post did make sense to me at least. So you win, wd.Now excuse me I'm off to read some German. Have a joyful new year and make sure you check the chatroom once in a while... or else.Put this in code tags because I would qualify this as spam. Although I don't believe in morals, so I don't know why I'm even doing this..

Edited by Baniboy (see edit history)

Okay, let's all calm down here. We don't fight each other here, we fight our common enemy, Xisto. :lol:I think it's time to push the *BLEEP* aside and unite a little bit to make this place better instead of fighting over who is drunk.And I, being the judge and the wise man here, declare anwiii was drunk.It's true web_designer has bad grammar, but her text still makes sense, and that post did make sense to me at least. So you win, wd.Now excuse me I'm off to read some German. Have a joyful new year and make sure you check the chatroom once in a while... or else.Put this in code tags because I would qualify this as spam. Although I don't believe in morals, so I don't know why I'm even doing this..

hahaaa, you bani really made me laugh my friend :lol: this is really the most things that draw a smile on my face since a long time ago here :)
ah not mention anwiii's words yesterday in his thread "how to seo" they made me laugh for a long time when he was talking too serious and suddenly he mentioned how we can use "the crappy server here to get a free domain and hosting :P "

any way, maybe i didn't write what i want in good grammars, really sorry about that. my only excuse that i was so tired when i posted that :blush: and i would never fight with anwiii but i thought he needs a push here :D. and i really think it is nice to see someone around and argue with, better than entering the forums and see no one but me :(. this is sad, so sad actually :( and i hope things will be change soon or we will lost a lot of good friends and good members here. but how things could be change??? i really have no idea!!!
as a member i will try to my best, and post whenever i will have a time, but
how about the others???
how about the other members??? do they have a reason to do the same?? and why??
and how about the mods and admins?? could they save this place and turn it to what it used to be???
i really have no idea, but i will still do my best. hope it works in some how.

It seems as if Xisto is slowly dying off. After the domain got swapped and Xisto become Xisto, the traffic flow slowed down dramatically and the forums become less active. And now it seems the server may have been downgraded or is for some reason getting alot of congestion that could be avoided. I think a small advertising campaign COULD restore the traffic to Xisto, as alot of its traffic from backlinks probably died with the new domain.

Loading speed of the forum seems to be extremly sporadic. The other night when I was here it was taking forever for a page to load. I almost gave up even trying to go threw reading the posts. But I knew I really needed to go threw the fourm, as it had been over a week or more since I had checked in. It was slower than I had ever seen it. But there are other times when it loads just as quickly as any other site. I really don't understand the difference, the time of day doesn't seem to matter very much, like if it was being caused by "rush hour" traffic of posters being online here. At least I am staying logged in finally, if I check in every day. Awhile back if I left the forum to check my emails I would be logged out when I came back ten minutes later. That was really frustrating.