xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AzureMusique

This New Version Of Adobe's Pdf Is Driving Me Crazy! I cannot and do not know how to save a copy of a pdf from online

Ok, so I appreciate what they're trying to do to "lessen" the crash that normally comes associated with pdf documents. What I hate now is that I cannot find the save feature it has. I all I found is that when I roll over towards bottom the document's screen the options to scroll sideways, up and down, and zoom in and out show up. I also happen to enjoy the option to skip to certain pages when there are more than 5 pages long. But anyway, there are a couple of school documents that show up in pdf on my school online learning system that I want to save a copy to my computer, but I cannot save. When I do, I instead end up saving the webpage in html instead. Has anybody else come across this problem and know how to get around it? Or do I have to somehow find a way to install and older version? Thanks

Right-click the link in your browser that leads to the PDF file and pick "Save Link as" or whatever it is in your browser. This should skip over the browser activating the Adobe Reader plug-in.I wouldn't be surprised, though, if the save to desktop feature of the browser plug-in is in a counter-intuitive spot.

Right-click the link in your browser that leads to the PDF file and pick "Save Link as" or whatever it is in your browser. This should skip over the browser activating the Adobe Reader plug-in.
I wouldn't be surprised, though, if the save to desktop feature of the browser plug-in is in a counter-intuitive spot.

I tried that and I still end up saving in htm/html instead of the pdf I wanted. What the hell is Adobe thinking?

I tried that and I still end up saving in htm/html instead of the pdf I wanted. What the hell is Adobe thinking?

first of all see if your documents are not protected for testing it try some other pdfs on the net just google type:pdf and you will find some then try to view one of them and see if it has the save button. if so then probably your documents are protected and secured so you can not save a copy. but if you don't have the save button for any type of document then you should reinstall you pdf viewer again but anyway i suggest you not to use adobe pdf and uninstall it and use foxit pdf reader and then you don't have any plugin so your pdf files will be downloaded like any other type of media and then you can view them :D .